Author Topic: World's 1st SQRL Login: Making Keyloggers & Trackers Obsolete?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
yes you are right and this will forever limit crypto currenciess to some extent. most people prefer chargebacks/fraud control that is in place because most people live ordinary average lives and dont come across a chance to double their life savings in a prediction market but are shutout.... i can give you 1/2 a dozen ways how capital control fucked me and i have to pay taxes to support it.  Most 9-5ers never deal with such things. i'm not even talking about illegal stuff,  just dealing with $$ markets.  capital control is the single best way to control citizens. this is not a tax rant either.

So true. I get that argument even from people who have low trust in any government and keep gold. They say... So... if my bitcoin stops working... who do I call?
And I'm like... unless you leak your password / private key it won't  stop working. And they keep asking... well but who can I talk to if I have a problem?

And the other examples I get - A friend flies to Europe for $4,000 ticket. Then they mess things up. Guess what... the credit card covered the flight and fixed everything. So to the consumer don't really understand or see the 2% the credit card companies charge the merchants. And 2% is a shit ton especially if you are on a tiny margin. To top it off merchants are not allowed to offer discounts for cash in the stores, or they can lose their visa/MC license.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Another one that's actually used a lot is http://getclef.com
That one is centralized

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting using getclef. But I was thinking that SQRL could probably be made cool if it worked similar to CLEF.

By the way most people DO need a centralized solution, because they are just terrible at keeping their own keys. I'm not a proponent of that, but I just don't see the average Joe really taking care of their own private keys in a manner that won't bite them in the ass.

yes you are right and this will forever limit crypto currenciess to some extent. most people prefer chargebacks/fraud control that is in place because most people live ordinary average lives and dont come across a chance to double their life savings in a prediction market but are shutout.... i can give you 1/2 a dozen ways how capital control fucked me and i have to pay taxes to support it.  Most 9-5ers never deal with such things. i'm not even talking about illegal stuff,  just dealing with $$ markets.  capital control is the single best way to control citizens. this is not a tax rant either.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Another one that's actually used a lot is http://getclef.com
That one is centralized

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting using getclef. But I was thinking that SQRL could probably be made cool if it worked similar to CLEF.

By the way most people DO need a centralized solution, because they are just terrible at keeping their own keys. I'm not a proponent of that, but I just don't see the average Joe really taking care of their own private keys in a manner that won't bite them in the ass.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
This is one of the more critical aspects of crypto.  I don't know if it's possible to protect users 100%, but that should be the goal.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

jakub

Is SQRL based on the same principle that BM planned to use for Keyhotee?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
very interesting...it's like a super 2fa on crypto.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Related to security so I guess it could go in this section, but feel free to move it accordingly. Could be used in the future for safer logins. Seems very interesting if it could give the users the edge against hackers and malware

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114628/worlds-1st-sqrl-login-making-keyloggers-trackers-obsolete
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads