Author Topic: 150 PTS - BOUNTY - Write HOW-TO for initializing genesis blocks. [CLOSED]  (Read 17535 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
This code should come in handy - it's for getting a list of balances

http://pastebin.com/jHTXBSjs
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

I should be able to follow your instructions with the script/tool to produce said CSV file for any given block.   So yes, a if a tool is required to follow the instructions then that will be required.  Notice, that simply saying how to build the tool is not sufficient.   

Bottom line, when I can follow your instructions and produce the desired CSV file with less than 10 minutes of time then we will have a good result.

Now trying to simplify

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:37:07 am by barwizi »

Offline bytemaster

I've hit a bit of a wall on how to allocate AGS, since it does not have an actual block chain at the moment, how do we get the balances for individuals?

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/masterbook/btc
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/masterbook/pts
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I'd like to ask that this bounty be raised, i see why other have shirked it. the work involved and the promised reward are disproportionate. The winning entry may have to create a clean template from which all DACs will be initialized from, as well as setting up the basic files required which will be used for the genesis. If there are no Objesctions i'd like to implement the Lotto DAC on this one.

The only requirement for this post is to generate a CSV file containing the balances and addresses from AGS and PTS.  Writing code and creating an actual DAC is not necessary.

I did raise the bounty to 150 PTS because the value of PTS has fallen slightly.

oh, ok, i had looked through the code and thought that applying the relevant modifications to a PTS copy may be part of it. thanks for the clarification. Actually that makes this a very generous Bounty.

To be more specific, generate instructions on how to produce the CSV file, not the CSV file itself.

I do not need to provide the tool? ok I'll try my best, if anyone else is interested, team work is the way.

I should be able to follow your instructions with the script/tool to produce said CSV file for any given block.   So yes, a if a tool is required to follow the instructions then that will be required.  Notice, that simply saying how to build the tool is not sufficient.   

Bottom line, when I can follow your instructions and produce the desired CSV file with less than 10 minutes of time then we will have a good result.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I've hit a bit of a wall on how to allocate AGS, since it does not have an actual block chain at the moment, how do we get the balances for individuals?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I'd like to ask that this bounty be raised, i see why other have shirked it. the work involved and the promised reward are disproportionate. The winning entry may have to create a clean template from which all DACs will be initialized from, as well as setting up the basic files required which will be used for the genesis. If there are no Objesctions i'd like to implement the Lotto DAC on this one.

The only requirement for this post is to generate a CSV file containing the balances and addresses from AGS and PTS.  Writing code and creating an actual DAC is not necessary.

oh, ok, i had looked through the code and thought that applying the relevant modifications to a PTS copy may be part of it. thanks for the clarification. Actually that makes this a very generous Bounty.

To be more specific, generate instructions on how to produce the CSV file, not the CSV file itself.

I do not need to provide the tool? ok I'll try my best, if anyone else is interested, team work is the way.

Offline bytemaster

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:17:25 pm by barwizi »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline bytemaster

Our software license requires honoring AGS and PTS if you use the BitShares code base.  So you get our codebase.  You get our community.