Author Topic: 50 PTS Bounty - Fix PTS Synchronization Time Issues [PAID]  (Read 25338 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix cmake qt4-qmake libgmp3-dev autotools-dev nautilus-open-terminal xsensors autoconf curl dos2unix libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev mesa-utils libncurses5-dev python3-pycurl python-simplejson python3-urllib3 python-beautifulsoup python-numpy-dev python3-numpy-dev libdb48-dev libopenssl-dev libdb++-dev qt-sdk openssh-server cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++6 dkms libqtgui4 libelfg0 dh-modaliases ia32-libs ia32-libs-multiarch lib32gcc1 libc6 pkg-config automake
wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
sudo make
sudo make install
cd
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/ProtoShares
git clone https://github.com/Nameshar/PTSBoost.git
mv PTSBoost .protoshares
cd Protoshares
qmake-qt4
make
./Protoshares-qt --reindex

need to get home and test it, but i think the files should already be on github, if anyone is interested, you can try it in the mean time. I'll be at my desk soon.

The whole idea is to use direct download to get the Block chain in seconds/ 2 minutes depending on your bandwidth , copy files that are at worst a day old and have your Client running hopefully in less than 5 minutes. The above script is my system-remake.sh that i use to change a newly installed linux to a miner, i have removed things like all the cpuminers, cgminer and my coins of interest to make it specific to this cause. The full system-remake includes most of the required stuff for development.

An advantage of this is that it even includes a peers file that enable quick connection to others.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:22:05 pm by barwizi »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I'll be done in an hour, hope i get there first. It's rough but it will work. I'll have to figure it for windows users though.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
But it's already possible to do this?

... I could make a video showing how easy it is?  lol

my server has never had more than 400 connections at once.  i always get connected within a second or two.  provided it doesn't get DDoSed, this should continue
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline bytemaster

Provide a working solution that allows someone to download a PTS wallet and get connected to the network in less than 5 minutes.

This bounty is still in the pending state until the full specification for this bounty can be defined.  If you would like to tackle this bounty help us define the SPEC and requirements first. 

This bounty will be won when I have a downloadable Windows Binary produced by a trusted (by me) source (FreeTrade or other), a pull request for the required changes, and I can verify that downloading on clean machine results in rapid connections.

A secondary bounty for $10 per month (Paid in PTS) will be given to people who host seed nodes on unique services.  Limit 4 total.

This bounty is now ACTIVE.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:26:11 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.