Author Topic: Bitshares 0.92 is still not usable on Linux (Fedora 22)  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
Do you happen to have Adobe manager program?

Not sure if this question is directed at me, but no, I don't use any Adobe products.  I use Linux, and Adobe does not like or support Linux at all, so I choose to avoid their products. For example, Adobe Flash has not had an update for Linux in years.  It is still stuck on version 11 while the versions for Windows and Mac are up to version 18.  Adobe seems to be openly hostile to open source, so I will NEVER use any of their products.

By the way, my Bitshares wallet blockchain is finally fully caught up.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Do you happen to have Adobe manager program?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
Okay, I'm at 96% and rising. It still crashes frequently, so I back up the chain folder after each crash and restart. 0.92 is still not super stable of Fedora 22, but it is much better than 0.8, which wouldn't start up at all.  I'm really looking forward to Bitshares 2.0.

Update: just jumped to 97%, then crashed again.  Backing up now and restarting...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:54:07 am by Philogus »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I occasionally run it on Fedora 21, no problems.

But I have run into the famous syncing problems.. afair, what worked for me was deleting the whole ~/.BitShares directory, except the wallet, and then trying again.

It'll take awhile.

Thank you both for the replies.  I ended up downloading the blockchain from an alternate source.  I'm was at 93% when I left home.  I'll see if it finished when I get home.

ok sounds good - feedback appreciated :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Philogus

• View Profile

But I have run into the famous syncing problems.. afair, what worked for me was deleting the whole ~/.BitShares directory, except the wallet, and then trying again.

It'll take awhile.

Thank you both for the replies.  I ended up downloading the blockchain from an alternate source.  I'm was at 93% when I left home.  I'll see if it finished when I get home.

Offline karnal

• View Profile

It'll take awhile.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Have you tried the command line client for synching? It seems to be more reliable.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

I installed version 0.92 of Bitshares several days ago.  I starts up and runs,  but I have not been able to successfully download the entire blockchain.  The client eventually crashes every time.  I am trying again right now.  It's at 15% (434856 of 2927527 blocks downloaded).  It has been at 434856 for a few minutes. 

Here is what happens every time: it will download some of the blockchain (the highest that I have been able to get to is 26%), then it will just stop. The circle is still spinning, but it does not appear that any data is actually being downloaded.  At some point after being stuck at the same block height, the client will just disappear (crash). On next startup, it will complain about corrupt data, and give me the option to reset.  If I reset, it will start downloading the blockchain again from 0%, but it will stick at some point, and the cycle continues over and over again.

At the bottom of the client it says "severe network problems".  It has said this every time I've run the client so far.  Right now, Bitshares 0.92 is not usable for me at all.  I'd appreciate help if anyone know why this is happening.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:24:56 am by Philogus »