Author Topic: Poll: Community perception of Cryptonomex  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is great poll to start up and get some community feedback. But IMO #2 and #4 are one in the same, both questions boil down to Cryptonomex abandoning BTS and leaving it's holders out to dry.
With that in perspective, totaling both #2 & #4 is out numbering poll option #1 "the positive sentiment" of Crytonomex.

IMO it's seems more than half (at this point in time) of the community is afraid of the unknowns Re: Cyptonomex true intentions.

my two BTS  :-\

True, #2 and 4 have fear, but differ in the degree of fear, or whether one thinks the upside outweighs the possible downside.

While most of us think this is a net positive, it does seem that at least half worry that at some point, our interests wont all be aligned.

Some more clarity on this would probably be helpful.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline emailtooaj

This is great poll to start up and get some community feedback. But IMO #2 and #4 are one in the same, both questions boil down to Cryptonomex abandoning BTS and leaving it's holders out to dry.
With that in perspective, totaling both #2 & #4 is out numbering poll option #1 "the positive sentiment" of Crytonomex.

IMO it's seems more than half (at this point in time) of the community is afraid of the unknowns Re: Cyptonomex true intentions.

my two BTS  :-\

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
no product out!

why should anyone buy right now?

nothing changed, because nothing is available. So after 2.0 will be available this could be changing or a couple of days/weeks before.

Yeah this. The price also struggled till BitAssets 1.0 were actually released.

Apparently according to the roadmap we're looking at early September which most shareholders will interpret as October or later. So still a while to wait.

Also CCEDK has very little volume/customers so although the announcements there were great, it's unlikely to drive a lot of business to BTS in the interim.

So you think rather than people being afraid, they are simply underwhelmed or see the coming events as too far in the future?

I personally decreased my position by circa a third when I realised BTS 2.0 would still be a while, thinking that I'll be able to buy back in closer to the date at a similar price without the interim risk and from Shentist's comment it looks like other people might have similar views. Also as I said with BTSX we also saw the price stay low until we were a lot closer to the BitAssets 1.0 release.

(CNX is a medium term concern too and negatively effects BTS value in some ways, however without CNX, the current BTS construct would have been worse off as it can't afford to pay for much development on it's own.) 

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:02:25 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
no product out!

nothing changed, because nothing is available. So after 2.0 will be available this could be changing or a couple of days/weeks before.

Apparently according to the roadmap we're looking at early September which most shareholders will interpret as October or later. So still a while to wait.

Also CCEDK has very little volume/customers so although the announcements there were great, it's unlikely to drive a lot of business to BTS in the interim.

So you think rather than people being afraid, they are simply underwhelmed or see the coming events as too far in the future?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
no product out!

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
no product out!

clout

These aren't efficient markets. Don't expect the price to be reflective of the progress that bitshares has made.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Markets hate uncertainty?
Very much!

So far the results of this poll are a lot more positive and less uncertain than I expected.  But of course it doesnt represent people who don't visit the forum.

Offline onceuponatime

I have confidence in the integrity of Cryptonomex and have been buying BTS.

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Ever since the 'big announcements' started, the Bitshares price has been underperforming, and its dragged on long enough at this point that its probably not merely a 'sell the news' event, but might indicate some underlying worry about the direction of Bitshares. 

It is critical to the success of a project such as Bitshares that the community feels like a united community, working together for the benefit of all, and not as disparate groups in competition with each other.  Given that, it seems that it would be a good idea to gauge community views on this issue and try to reach a better consensus.  Perhaps we need more explanation from the dev team about the workings and implications of cryptonomex on Bitshares.  Maybe we need to better educate the community? 

To start, lets figure out where we are right now by answering this poll.  Hopefully this can lead to a good discussion and solutions, and the community can move forward together.