Author Topic: Policies and Procedures Index  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Thom

I have not updated this thread in months, for many reasons. It will probably be the last time I do, b/c it just doesn't appear to me to get much attention.

My last update here was on July 4th, America's "Independence Day". Will YOU take part in shaping the tools for FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE?

If so look at the first item in the list of the OP and get with it. DO YOUR PART and get off the sidelines. Stop complaining about CNX and the lack of DEcentralization and and do something that directly has an impact on it and the governance of this ecosystem. Put your time where your mouth is, if not by campaigning yourself then at least by doing so for a representative who you feel will represent your interests.

GET INVOLVED - GET A CLUE - DO YOUR PART - MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

Does this topic serve a useful purpose? How do issues that surface in this forum get RESOLVED or are they just discussed ad nauseum and then just peter out, leaving many without a solid conclusion or official position statement?

I asked for this topic to provide a convenient and central place to help this community focus on the items that need to be RESOLVED. That is a process that takes time, to expect it too quickly would be unreasonable and unrealistic.

So are we making progress? If so it's hard for me to tell. Only one item in these dozen or so conversations (that I alone have identified; nobody appears to be very interested in reading this list or actively helping to identify issues that should appear here) has been labeled as RESOLVED, and IMO, only one aspect of several was actually resolved, not the whole topic yet the discussion appears to be dead. Presumably waiting for further details from Cryptonomex that are currently missing from the documentation.

It seems to me that Cryptonomex is busy coding 2.0 "over there" and this community is "over here" talking amongst ourselves (mostly) with very little active effort to cooperate and work together to reach a definitive RESOLUTION of the topics raised here on the forum or that come up in the hallways of Cryptonomex.

It does require an investment of Cryptonomex's time to engage the community and track the discussions to distill updates and changes to establish official policies and processes for what will become 2.0, and then update the documentation to reflect the consensus of the community AND Cryptonomex. Some of that work can be delegated to the community to reduce the burden on Cryptonomex, such as updating documentation.

All I see is a chaotic, ad hoc approach to hammering out the still ruff edges of what this ecosystem is to become. Can't we do better? Can we be more systematic in our approach?

It's time to get organized and get down to the business of establishing how this ecosystem will function. There are a myriad of details that need to be pinned down and documented, to provide the world with the instruction manual they need to allow them to build upon and fully utilize the BitShares ecosystem.

Is it possible to become a more integrated team here, Cryptonomex + community? Will it require too much transparency or time on the part of Cryptonomex, or are other issues preventing a more synergistic level of cooperation towards resolving / establishing policies and procedures for the operation of BitShares?

Now that I think about it, who has a handle on the pulse of the BitShares ecosystem? I mean, BM has used the comparative metaphor of a DAC or "company" to describe how PoW mining is far less efficient than DPoS, and often states ecosystems must be profitable to be self sustaining. Few here would disagree, but why has nobody asked to see "our books"? What are our actual costs? What are our expenses, both short term and long term?

How can Cryptonmex expect the BitShares shareholders and community to self-govern without some type of "annual report" that provides answers to these basic questions, like every corporation under the sun routinely uses?

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

This sticky will be updated by the mods, which contains a collection of links to specific messages or OPs that raise an issue of policy or procedure. The posts can stay wherever they may be found, anywhere on the forum. If you identify an issue that falls in this category please raise attention to it and it will be added to this index.

To help locating these consider adding "MOD_PPI" somewhere in the text of your post. (Moderator:Policies & Procedures Index).

This initial list concentrates on important topics that raise concerns or express direct questions about policies or procedures. If further discussion needs to take place it should be done in the respective threads, and leave posts in this topic for decisions or a current position statement.

Hopefully over time this list will become a central place to refer to important issues that need to be addressed before BitShares 2.0 is launched.

Governance - Can DPoS work? Who will lead?
Voting Procedures
Referral Membership Policy
Account Transfer Policies & Procedures
Official List of Paid Workers, Worker Proposals
Criteria for Paid Workers & Price Feeds
Referals & Default Referal Account
Transaction Fees - Need to propose actual values
Micropayment and Remittance Considerations
Authentication and Identity Management Questions
UIA / Privatized BitAsset Confusion
Potential conflicts with privacy and UIAs
Are micropayments economically viable with BitShares 2.0?
Practical considerations for referrals and faucets in 2.0
How best to address the problem of voter apathy?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:02:29 pm by Thom »