Author Topic: Forum Censorship  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Thanks Mr. V, I was hoping that was the case, but I couldn't find it with search, so it appeared to be cut out.

I pulled BM's blog from github, but it of course had none of the forum comments and discussion.

I think it's important to post the link of where you moved it in the forum. Can you explain why it couldn't be found with the forum search? I couldn't find it this past Sat - Mon when I looked for it.

I didn't think it would be a big deal since the blog is basically dead at this point. Just did a quick search and here is a few I found:

For the record I found the articles on BM's blog to be the most compelling reason to be interested in BitShares.
They detailed BM's stance on economics, the free market and profit as the most important tools in a path to freedom.
In this early stage in the crypto-industry investment in people and principles is a far safer bet than just in technology.
Roadblocks and bottlenecks are still being discovered and it's talented people that will navigate successfully.

I particularly enjoyed the "sufficient decentralization" article and others like it that lay out the limitations of what is possible, and then outline the appropriate solution to it. BitShares is the only community that I know of that has (potentially) solved so many issues currently holding crypto back from the mainstream.
I had the 'minimal requirements for decentralization" article bookmarked and went to link it here, but it just redirects to bitshares.org mainpage now.

I think it is important that they are easily accessible to newcomers
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline vikram

Thanks Mr. V, I was hoping that was the case, but I couldn't find it with search, so it appeared to be cut out.

I pulled BM's blog from github, but it of course had none of the forum comments and discussion.

I think it's important to post the link of where you moved it in the forum. Can you explain why it couldn't be found with the forum search? I couldn't find it this past Sat - Mon when I looked for it.

I didn't think it would be a big deal since the blog is basically dead at this point. Just did a quick search and here is a few I found:

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline vikram

I recently consolidated many of the dead/very small subforums into some of the bigger subs to try to fight some of the fragmentation. Didn't delete any threads--just moved them.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
If I remember correctly, there's an archive in the making

Offline Thom

There is a discussion raging on reddit right now concerning 5 year old discussions on the bitcointalk forum between bytemaster and satoshi (see this thread).

Given our hopes that BitShares will be significant in history, how well are WE preserving history on THIS forum?

For example, what happened to the Bytemaster's Blog board that originally appeared as a child of General Discussion? That's a big chunk of history now absent from this forum, and I think it should be brought back here for the world to see. It doesn't have to remain as a child of General Discussion, but it should be here somewhere, even if it's the graveyard.

For the record I see it lives on github, and I have made a full copy of it. If it doesn't reappear somewhere on this forum I may republish it elsewhere on the web as I found it on github.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html