Author Topic: Say what? HOSTILE TAKEOVER? A COUP D'É·TAT IN BITSHARES LEADS TO BITSHARES 2.0  (Read 6594 times)

Offline mangou007

Personally I don't call it false or crap journalism...
It is more the jealous kind of journalism ... This will only help us grow not the other way around ;)
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Although I did not seek out Justin or have ever heard of him or strategized this in any way, I did reply to some questions in text he asked me to answer.  I don't know how he got put in contact with me, but I would like to do more interviews.

I did that in a google doc which Justin has since changed edited so it is not complete but does have more of the quotes I used, with a bunch taken out.   It looks like a draft copy of the article now.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jh0rMPWdNpLNN9u6DhKIRxlt33R4armxPoFkz1hQ_-0/edit

However I was not asked any questions about anything like coup's or a controversial history.  I just spoke positively about the features and benefits coming out with 2.0 and what it could mean.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The art of propaganda is to take a tiny seed of truth and turn it into a mountain of lies.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
I don't disagree with everything he says in the article, but then again, it isn't an article. No sources or evidence are presented; he barely even hints that he has any substantiation. Anyone could comb the forum and come up with some shit. Does that make it news? Coverage? Analysis? None of the above. Don't quit your day job, bud.

It sounds like stuff Newmine was talking about several months back, with his big chinese whale threatening to dump 100M bts story. :P

yup.  The problem with stories like these is that there is a little truth here and there with a ton of BS in between , just enough to give it the air of maybe being somewhat credible...

That said, a poorly researched article with no substance or fact to back it up.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I don't disagree with everything he says in the article, but then again, it isn't an article. No sources or evidence are presented; he barely even hints that he has any substantiation. Anyone could comb the forum and come up with some shit. Does that make it news? Coverage? Analysis? None of the above. Don't quit your day job, bud.

It sounds like stuff Newmine was talking about several months back, with his big chinese whale threatening to dump 100M bts story. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
I know definitively that this was not MAX, or any of the team, so any wild ass guesses about him doing it are unfounded and not true.

While it can be smart to feed PR in this matter, this was not us.

Likely a FUDdy DUDdy.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I would love to create or see someone create a news site and also a forum, just for 2.0 cryptos. That way you could have unbiased news just with what's going on in the crypto 2.0 scene, projects would have the incentive to provide updates so they could be shared with everyone. No more cryptos attacking each other, specially in the 2.0 scene, where most of the projects complement each other. On the other hand, you would also have a forum without those noobs and FUDers at btt, with decent rules.

That would just.. bring a breath of fresh air to all the decent communities out there. They would have a place to share and discuss ideas in a civilized manner.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I wonder if he shorted BTS on poloniex now that they have margin trading.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

Essentially, the story goes, Chinese stakeholders have accumulated enough BTSX to censor the development team. They suffered, according to the story, under a dilution of the cost of BitSharesX, and, now disgruntled, want more control over how BitShares is run. “Since Bitshares likes to call itself a company,”  one BitcoinTalk poster, in a thread called ‘Bitcoin oligarchy rears its head,’ says,
 "This development is akin to a hostile corporate takeover, except that the raiding parties have the ability to kill the price in such an illiquid market."
Smells a bit like bitcoiner FUD but how much do we really know about major bts holders?
Holding a few 100m bts and threatening to dump it all at once is a hefty bargaining tool.

As far as i can tell, no account holds "a few 100m bts".  The largest is 228.4 million bts, and that is almost certainly the exchange btc38. After that, it drops off quickly to well under 100 million bts.  BTS is a widely held crypto.

http://richlist.btsgame.org/

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Why so quick to dismiss this as a publicity ploy?

It does sound quite negative.

You answered for me. ;)

It's fake negative. All that readers are going to take away is that for whatever convoluted reason, Bitshares is getting a s*load of awesome new features. He even mentions them specifically, which he wouldn't in a genuine hit piece.

Tuck Fheman

Since when is bitcointalk a reliable source of information?

Not only that, but he took it a step further and said ...

Chinese whales have entered the market and made demands regarding a uniform marketing strategy for BitShares. Concerns among BitShares participants have been diverse, including the threat of a Chinese whale accumulating BitShares with the plan to dump them.

Then links to a thread where you immediately see ...

This has nothing to do with some Chinese whale . In fact , many Chinese are not whales comparing to the truck load of AGS fund .
I'll attend to the meeting to help clear thing up , to share some thoughts on this .

It's as if he didn't really even try to piece this together himself. This first half of the article sounds like someone fed him some info, gave him some links and he went and published it, threw in a little 2.O talk (with one link) and called it a day. Who needs research when you can go play golf instead?

Tuck Fheman

Why so quick to dismiss this as a publicity ploy?

It does sound quite negative.

You answered for me. ;)