Author Topic: Let's jumpstart share based voting / polling!  (Read 5370 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
will vote function  enhanced in bts2.0?  follow my vote team

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Some intermediate results as of blockheight 3117198:
upgrade-to-bts-2: 8188377644517 (approx 82M BTS)
do-not-upgrade-to-bts-2: 0
lol .. take a look yourself!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Hahaha.. 1 no vote.. I think that settles things here. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline onceuponatime

Offline vikram

In order to get greater shareholder engagement, I think we need to find a way to communicate these issues directly through the wallet.  How many people will not vote, because they will never read about these delegates.  Mobile wallets with notifications of decisions needing votes would be useful as well.  I am sure there are many supporters that do not keep a wallet synced at all times.

Stay tuned.. delegate.dposhub-org is coming out soon with a solution to this. We have been working on it for some time now, and will have a closed beta release soon.

+5%

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
In order to get greater shareholder engagement, I think we need to find a way to communicate these issues directly through the wallet.  How many people will not vote, because they will never read about these delegates.  Mobile wallets with notifications of decisions needing votes would be useful as well.  I am sure there are many supporters that do not keep a wallet synced at all times.

Stay tuned.. delegate.dposhub-org is coming out soon with a solution to this. We have been working on it for some time now, and will have a closed beta release soon.
One of the most important projects IMO

My feeling is that the success of BTS depends heavily on stakeholder voting, and if we are ever able to get over 50% of active stake agreement on some things that would be very helpful.

+5% Absolutely. Shareholder voting is one of our killer features" that hasn't been leveraged to its potential.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

+5% Fantastic agent86, this should have been done long ago. This is a true test of the concept of the DPoS system. If we can't motivate and mobilize the community on this why should anyone expect DPoS (or voting in general) as a consensus mechanism will work?

Perhaps it is a "hack", but what's wrong with a little improvisation? McGuyver would be proud if he were a coder. This is no less a hack than BitAssets 1.0 was or client 0.4.2.7 was compared with 0.9.2 - it's just progress.

It's effective and it's functional, plus it provides useful feedback about the concept of stakeholder governance. If this community is an aggregate representation of society at large the results won't be good. Will apathy and passivism be dominant or will we show the world that individuals AND our community has the drive, motivation and will to take responsibility for ourselves and set the course of our future?

What should the time frame of this poll / vote be? How much time is reasonable to get the word out? I favor 2 weeks myself, what does everyone else think?

Too bad this wasn't posted before today's mumble!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
Thanks Method-X, CLains, vikram, Ander, arhag, and all for the support of the poll and taking the time to participate/vote and show support for the upgrade!