Author Topic: House cleaning  (Read 12024 times)

Offline svk

I manage my own delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks - 100%
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I manage the following delegates in the 101:

delegate.rgcrypto - 100%
sollywood.sollars-com - 100% -- managed service
www.minebitshares-com - 3%
www2.minebitshares-com - 3%
minebitshares-reloaded - 100%
minebts1.bunkermining-com - 100%

Other delegates that are not in the 101 (though I think should be) that I provided managed services too are:

delegate.kencode
delegate.dposhub-org

Thanks. More transparency like this from other delegates and we will get closer to figuring out what level of decentralization we actually have for witnesses.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Good luck with this..

I been attempting for the past week to get a dead delegate voted out but it continues to fester.

delegate1.john-galt

As for my positions for minebitshares/bunkermining.. I have expressed time and again that the need for multiples is due to the limiting funding of the current model. The reality is we don't have 101, we have more like maybe 15 if that. Many developers have mulltiple 100% delegates.. and many older 3%ers that have been unresponsive in providing feeds.

My plan for my delegates when we get to 2.0 is to put in a single worker proposal, get that approved, and then wind up all my delegates down to 1 witness + 1 worker. This is detailed in my bid at http://vote.bunkermining.com

Others we have not heard much from maybe because of other things.. be nice to hear where all the others are at.

I manage the following delegates in the 101:

delegate.rgcrypto - 100%
sollywood.sollars-com - 100% -- managed service
www.minebitshares-com - 3%
www2.minebitshares-com - 3%
minebitshares-reloaded - 100%
minebts1.bunkermining-com - 100%

Other delegates that are not in the 101 (though I think should be) that I provided managed services too are:

delegate.kencode
delegate.dposhub-org

You will note that among all the 101, I have maintained up to date feeds, and all of these delegates have operated with almost no downtime since we started managing them.

Also note we are the only ones that can survive extreme conditions.. even the atomic kind.

After our BunkerShares campaign we have new upgrades being done to our control panel and network infrastructure that is going to enable us to control servers in over 25 different locations worldwide from the bunker. I have plans to develop load balanced templates for any delegates we might manage so they have the option to have their servers run from a particular location as a primary and perhaps the bunker as a secondary.

I run a nuclear bunker data center.. sooo kinda have a lot of resources to bring to this space. :)

So there is my contribution to "The Purge" :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

It is not premature, but very unlikely to happen.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
One of the first things I think we should start with is asking all the 100% paid delegates to declare whether they are the ones actually running their nodes, and if so, are they still interested in running a witness node in BitShares 2.0 (at witness pay levels of course). Then we should go through all the other delegates in the top 101 and try to identify the bitsharestalk forum user who controls that node. If this person has publicly revealed their identity, then that makes things easier. Otherwise, we should try to determine how confident we are that more than one of those identified forum users are not controlled by the same person. This is of course impossible to do accurately, but we can get some sense of it by looking at the reputation and activity level of those users on the forum (at this stage few people would be willing to put in the time and effort required to make multiple accounts they control all appear to be active and individual people with their own unique thoughts and ideas). This process excludes otherwise viable candidates for witnesses who happen to not be very active on the forum, but in that case I think they either need to start getting active and/or reveal their identity if they really want to become a witness.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
With the move to BitShares 2.0 I think some delegate house cleaning is in order.

First, I think it is really important that we identify how many unique individuals there are who are actually running delegates (and standby delegates). There are many people who are running multiple delegates in order to help out others without the technical skill or the time to run and maintain a node. This is no longer necessary with BitShares 2.0. Any nodes run by the same person are a waste of money since they add cost without adding any extra decentralization of control. It makes more sense to have 30 witnesses each controlled by a unique person than 30 unique people collectively running 101 witnesses. And with BitShares 2.0 we finally have the flexibility to do that.

Second, many 100% delegates can either be consolidated or entirely removed. The referral rewards program is the replacement to marketing delegates. Do you think it would be premature to start the process of voting out those delegates that are no longer needed due to the referral program, or should we wait until BitShares 2.0 has officially launched first? Also, there is no need to have 100% delegates for all the individual devs who will be working for Cryptonomex. This will all be replaced by a worker proposal for a specific project that the Cryptonomex team will be working on with specified payment amounts, periods, vesting schedule, etc. This is the new standard for workers. There needs to be a clear proposal for how much money is needed to accomplish a specific task in some period of time. So, I think that even the 100% delegates that the community may want to keep as workers need to re-articulate their mission with a well thought out worker proposal and again present it to the community for a vote.