Author Topic: How to calculate profits from  (Read 2339 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think it should be graphene-ui ..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Is it so difficult to implement a % indicator that shows how much the price has changed from the time  the short order was placed?
Good idea ... could you create a github issue?

is this the right place to do it now?   https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues
because on bitshares I see no activity....

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Is it so difficult to implement a % indicator that shows how much the price has changed from the time  the short order was placed?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Riverhead

To cover you had to provide USD. Since USD is fungible the client can't know the price you paid for the USD you're using to cover. So the profit or loss is the difference between whatever you had to pay for the USD vs what it cost you to short it.

So an example using easier to read numbers.

BTS peg is at 0.005 BTS/USD. You short $1 and someone takes the opposite side. So you have 200 BTS for the short , 200 BTS collateral and about 200 BTS from the sale oft the minted USD when someone took the other side.

Now weeks later BTS is selling for 0.008 BTS/USD. You buy $1 of bitUSD for 125 BTS and cover. You get your 200 BTS back for your short, your 200 collateral, and the roughly 200 BTS you made from selling the USD. So your profit is about 75 BTS.

So in your case you need to look at what you put up to short the bitUSD and then what you paid for the bitUSD to cover.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Start by asking the UX/UI experts on the team the very important question: WTF?

That said - if you go to the console and list the transactions you may be able to get a much more reasonable answer.

If not - find reciprocal values i.e. divide 1 by 0.00654194769

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Kind of a Newb question here... but how do I calculate the profits I made from a short.  Looking in the wallet the I have the following from a recent cover

Margin-24e07010-->Market  sell collateral @ .00654194769      5,999.98682 BTS
Market-->Margin-24e07010  payoff debt @ .0065419476992     39.2516 USD

I know that my trade was profitable, but how much bts did I make off it?  5,999.98682?