Author Topic: 200 PTS - Bounty Rules and Procedures Document [Closed]  (Read 37073 times)

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
/*/
I'll be quick to shift away from the ongoing work being done, and get back to the basics. You want the policy to be designed according to certain core principles, pertaining to a certain philosophy or group of philosophies you believe in following, for the purpose of effective work completion.

Some good points have been discussed in the forum, like the game theory angle. it shows possibility...
/*/

/*/I'll just give you the complete picture of my design and if required, inquire to understand its depth./*/

You have to ensure conformance of project with your vision so you have to be deeply involved in the discussion regarding the plan.

It is at this time you pick a manager who understands the project, (first let's talk about you picking one manager):

The manager starts building his team by handing out tokens for work, you release the no. of tokens according to the work you have seen 20% reserved for the manager. Referals get paid too.

Now, there is a stack of tokens left with the manager. The team working in the project can pull tokens from the manager to to team mates only.

This stack of tokens is exchanged by you at the final evaluation, At the final evaluation you happily exchange for 100% of bounty at 100% customer satisfaction and accordingly.

You have now motivated everyone for the common purpose and created an environment appreciative of team work.

Certain projects shall demand intermediate evaluation, manager should be chosen wisely and should remain on top of the execution else someone who is better suited to requirement should be pulled in, for this position.

Smart managers would consult, from those who better feel your requirements & needs.

For any queries just ask.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
have incorporated the wording you used in the Bounty rules sticky
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Made the changes and tried to remove all typos, as well as kept the flow of the document (no orphaned lines)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxCtiOzdwvPyMFVXT0pEMjloeEk/edit?usp=sharing

Offline bytemaster

I am thinking that for the sake of clarity rules that work for Invictus may not work for other Bounty Posters.  Namely, Invictus has a reputation and proven ability to pay and need for support.  Other bounty posters may not. 

I think for non-invictus bounties, payments should be made up front to an escrow agent.  The bounty represents a commitment to buy *something* and the creator of the bounty is only free to chose whom to pay upon completion.  They may cancel the bounty only after giving 3 days notice to see if anyone is working on it.   This is probably the fairest way for 3rd party bounties in our thread.  99% of bounties will be AGS bounties so this rule does not apply. 

Given that we only need to specify that Invictus is looking to buy and will pay and that submitters must win our business.   

This document is starting to get there.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
This is starting to take shape.  There is a lot of redundant information reading through it.   Conciseness and clarity would be helpful.  If you could explain the bounty process in 1 page that would be ideal, then have a couple of extra pages on dealing with teams, bugs, etc.

Github is required for code.
Agreement on division is required prior to submission.

Philosophy of setting bounties at in excess of expected costs should be covered.

new document with the above applied, shorter by a full page

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxCtiOzdwvPyTmJlT1d3cTM4Mzg/edit?usp=sharing

edit, sorry, that was the wrong link.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:42:08 am by barwizi »

Offline bytemaster

This is starting to take shape.  There is a lot of redundant information reading through it.   Conciseness and clarity would be helpful.  If you could explain the bounty process in 1 page that would be ideal, then have a couple of extra pages on dealing with teams, bugs, etc.

Github is required for code.
Agreement on division is required prior to submission.

Philosophy of setting bounties at in excess of expected costs should be covered. 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline bytemaster

I am thinking of perhaps re-naming it

how about

Bounty Code of Conduct: Rules and Procedures

or

Bounty Rules, Procedures and Code of Conduct

We expect the bounty area to be kind of like a be-spoke shop where one walks in and asks for a custom product, us the applicants then offer our solutions and the customer picks one that meets his requirement. As a result there is a certain kind of behaviour required to keep things courteous and civil.

Agreed.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I am thinking of perhaps re-naming it

how about

Bounty Code of Conduct: Rules and Procedures

or

Bounty Rules, Procedures and Code of Conduct

We expect the bounty area to be kind of like a be-spoke shop where one walks in and asks for a custom product, us the applicants then offer our solutions and the customer picks one that meets his requirement. As a result there is a certain kind of behaviour required to keep things courteous and civil.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxCtiOzdwvPyYzdlR1hnWFdQeWM/edit

not much else i can do with my entry without bloating it, trying to keep it informative, descriptive yet straight to the point and short. I think i'll leave it like this for now, unless you feel i have left something out.  The flow chart was a good idea huh? makes it easier to picture the process.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:40:47 am by barwizi »

Offline AJ_

• View Profile
Is there anything content-wise you feel should be added or changed?
Protoshares- PiiX21df7kfDAhLzmSBdbuc7kwjFaki79L
Keyhotee-5QdZUBn6BLpc7xqTkZ6nVwh83k8GbsaRMvy5kdEczgfV2tcaQr
Hello, world.

Offline bytemaster

I would recommend you work with the website bounty to find the primary home for the document. 

I don't think you should be paid twice but it would help the web teams be more competitive. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I've set up a google site (https://sites.google.com/site/invictusbounties/home) displaying our set of rules, as well as an idea of a submission form and a sample bounty and form

A site is a pretty cool idea, but would it be fine for users to have to leave the form to read the Rules and Procedures? I'm trying to figure out a way of formatting the document so it's viewable as a sticky on the Bounty Child-board, that way everyone will notice it when they visit the board.

The site is just to combine the form, example, and main document into one place
Is it possible to display a .pdf in the forum?
Ok, cool. Not sure trying it now. I'm thinking i'll convert to image files, upload and link.

Offline AJ_

• View Profile
I've set up a google site (https://sites.google.com/site/invictusbounties/home) displaying our set of rules, as well as an idea of a submission form and a sample bounty and form

A site is a pretty cool idea, but would it be fine for users to have to leave the form to read the Rules and Procedures? I'm trying to figure out a way of formatting the document so it's viewable as a sticky on the Bounty Child-board, that way everyone will notice it when they visit the board.

The site is just to combine the form, example, and main document into one place
Is it possible to display a .pdf in the forum?
Protoshares- PiiX21df7kfDAhLzmSBdbuc7kwjFaki79L
Keyhotee-5QdZUBn6BLpc7xqTkZ6nVwh83k8GbsaRMvy5kdEczgfV2tcaQr
Hello, world.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org