Author Topic: Missing opportunity for BTS  (Read 4169 times)

Offline emigalotti

• View Profile
It's complicated, all it's relationated.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
fun fact :

news A : bank accounts of people from XXX have been frozen

news B : people from XXX buy bitcoin like crazy .

Me : how the hell can they buy bitcoin when their account have been frozen ?

News A : bank accounts of people from XXX have been frozen

News B : people from XXX buy bitcoin like crazy .
News B: People from NNN - WWW diversify more into safe haven currencies, (Au, Ag, BTC ) because their banking systems have high risks too & they don't want to end up like XXX people. 

News C: People from AAA - MMM diversify more into safe haven currencies, (Au, Ag, BTC) because they're worried about systemic risk especially with China having problems too.

You can see just this morning, Switzerland had to intervene because of high demand for the Swiss franc (Perceived safe haven currency)

“There was an increased demand for francs” over night, Thomas Jordan says at conference in Bern. “The SNB intervened in the market to stabilize it.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-29/central-banks-scramble-stabilize-crashing-markets-china-fails-switzerland-succeeds-n

& European bank risk is spiking http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-29/european-bank-risk-spikes-most-5-years-19-month-highs

*Also people in XXX have withdrawn Billions in Euros (Cash) in the last few weeks, if the banks are closed for extended periods or there are strict capital controls we will see a sharp uptick in the use of currencies like BTC to move money over distance and borders. (Though this won't be the primary driver of any price rise.)

Man I miss my eurchf scalper.. easy money from 23:00 to 1:00 every day... except only in normal circumstances.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
It's all interconnected brah..

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
fun fact :

News A : bank accounts of people from XXX have been frozen

News B : people from XXX buy bitcoin like crazy .
News B: People from NNN - WWW diversify more into safe haven currencies, (Au, Ag, BTC ) because their banking systems have high risks too & they don't want to end up like XXX people. 

News C: People from AAA - MMM diversify more into safe haven currencies, (Au, Ag, BTC) because they're worried about systemic risk especially with China having problems too.

You can see just this morning, Switzerland had to intervene because of high demand for the Swiss franc (Perceived safe haven currency)

“There was an increased demand for francs” over night, Thomas Jordan says at conference in Bern. “The SNB intervened in the market to stabilize it.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-29/central-banks-scramble-stabilize-crashing-markets-china-fails-switzerland-succeeds-n

& European bank risk is spiking http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-29/european-bank-risk-spikes-most-5-years-19-month-highs

*Also people in XXX have withdrawn Billions in Euros (Cash) in the last few weeks, if the banks are closed for extended periods or there are strict capital controls we will see a sharp uptick in the use of currencies like BTC to move money over distance and borders. (Though this won't be the primary driver of any price rise.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:02:00 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Tuck Fheman

fun fact :

I once purchased bitcoin with rocks from my yard. They were very nice rocks that go by a fancy name ... still rocks to me. ;)

As I said back then, who needs rocks in their yard when people will give you bitcoin for them?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:58:01 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline emailtooaj

I'll add a bit more tidbit to this discussion...
I was looking at the Soundcloud stats for the Beyond Bitcoin Hangouts just now and during this past week the "plays" from Europe have a notable increase from the usual activity.
The U.S. is still first place as far as "plays" go. Spain is second place (usually ranked 10-15th place), France, Germany and Australia are all among the top 5.
Canada and UK are coming in 6th and 7th rank.

These numbers include various recent Hangouts from the DEV and BONUS recordings.

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
fun fact :

You're missing the point. Try reading this post again: 

No-one's suggesting the BTC price during the Cyprus events or now will be primarily due to increased usage in the effected country. Bank failures & capital controls cast a spotlight on and expose the weakness of fractional reserve banking to billions in countries with exceedingly high debt to GDP and grossly over leveraged banks.  Concerned about their own financial security these events act as a catalyst for them to move a larger portion of their assets outside of that system into gold, silver and digital currencies, particularly in some of the weaker EU countries that are next in line to be Cyprus'd/Greeced. There is also always concern about systemic risk & that Greece might act as a catalyst for that, causing people to temporarily move assets into crypto, while the situation plays out.

of course , one year later the drastic rise of bitcoin can contribute to the greek thing (people dig that when the price rises with a news no matter how old the news is )  .  but not necessary right now .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline puptothekit

• View Profile
fun fact :

You're missing the point. Try reading this post again: 

No-one's suggesting the BTC price during the Cyprus events or now will be primarily due to increased usage in the effected country. Bank failures & capital controls cast a spotlight on and expose the weakness of fractional reserve banking to billions in countries with exceedingly high debt to GDP and grossly over leveraged banks.  Concerned about their own financial security these events act as a catalyst for them to move a larger portion of their assets outside of that system into gold, silver and digital currencies, particularly in some of the weaker EU countries that are next in line to be Cyprus'd/Greeced. There is also always concern about systemic risk & that Greece might act as a catalyst for that, causing people to temporarily move assets into crypto, while the situation plays out.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
fun fact :

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

clout

Bitcoin will not surpass $1000 this year.

That's not necessarily true. A huge reason for the bear market in crypto has been the dramatic rise of Chinese stocks. If Chinese stock prices continue to decline they could enter a bear market and the Chinese will begin diversifying into other asset classes.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I know you guys are doing your best but I hope you realize the big opportunity BTS is about to miss with the whole Greek situation...Tomorrow Banks are closed and we have capital controls...Cyprus situation was nothing compared to what will follow..

I have been talking about this day for 1  year now..I was hopping that we would be ready for something like that by now but we are still far from ready...The GUI is not working at a time when it is most needable...People are asking me suddenly about bitcoin, I explain them about bitassets and then I have nothing that works to show them..That is sad...

Prepare your selves for huge bitcoin pumps!!Get ready for the thousands levels..BTS will be pumped as well but if we had stable user friendly clients by now we could have a chance to reach bitcoin market cap..This summer is going to get wild for crypto..

I think you don't know what you're talking about. There is no evidence that international politics have anything to do with the marketcap of Bitshares or Bitcoin. It seems that other factors control that, like demand for the actual service.

And I don't think Greece at this time is going to trust some nerd money which is barely understood even in Silicon Valley. I think over time after things sink in there will be a slow trickle of people into Bitcoin and eventually into Bitshares but that will not happen until after Bitshares 2.0, probably in 2016 when the block reward halves.

Bitcoin will not surpass $1000 this year. On the other hand in 2016 when it does become scarce again we could see over $10,000.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:11:08 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The way I think is going is that if they keep threatening people, people will get more frustrated and eventually will vote for a "No" on Sunday. On the other side media is very powerful in distorting the reality. The reality in my opinion is that Europe under its current status can't survive. Europe needs to either adopt in a more social left side and finally end the austerity measures otherwise sooner or later will eventually break.. For the last five years Greece has done huge efforts, huge austerity measures have been imposed for what??nothing...I work 12 hours a day and 40% of my income goes to taxes for what??nothing..No new investments, no consumption nothing..

I Fully agree with everything CryptoPrometheus said.
I fully agree with everything Empirical said.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
they will kick the can ones more, i think the time is not right now!

but it is true, we should right now better preparde and hopfully with 2.0 we will get a easy to use wallet.

The bailout proposal that the ECB presented to Tsipras on Friday would kick the can for about 6 months, which would (fingers crossed) put us well into BTS 2.0. That said, there will be a Greek referendum on the proposal next Sunday and I very much hope that the Greek people decide to throw off the yoke of debt slavery and choose to default on all of their loans. Some people call me "foolishly optimistic" for entertaining such a thought.

If Greece wants to avoid a complete banking system failure, thus a collapse of their nation, they need someone to finance their return to the drachma (Greek national currency). Many people have speculated that Putin has made such an offer. It's public knowledge that Tsipras is working on a deal with Putin to run the Turkish Stream Pipeline through Greece, which could bring 100's of Billions in revenue when complete. They might be able to borrow against that to finance their return to sovereignty. 

If Greece leaves the European monetary union, it will cause a cascade of countries to follow in its wake - Italy and Spain because they are also broke, but possibly Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and a growing list of additional countries who's people and leaders are beginning to understand that you can't have a monetary union without relinquishing national sovereignty. The collapse of the EU would mean the collapse of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the most dangerous and powerful terrorist organisation in the world.

China, Russia and, lets face it, every country outside the G8 has strong motivation to do everything they can to hasten the collapse of NATO.

However things work out, I believe that these next two weeks are going to be quite pivotal. With capital controls being imposed by Greek banks as early as tomorrow, there will be a PR battle this week to convince the Greek citizens that capitulating to the draconian demands of the EU is their only chance for survival. Whether they choose to pivot towards Russia, or obtain financing from some yet unknown source, let's pray that they the "birthplace of the republic" is able to break free from the clutches of the EU's burgeoning technocratic dictatorship.

An interesting note: the BRICS bank officially opens for business on July 7th - just 2 days after the Greek referendum.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:55:10 pm by CryptoPrometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think there is time until September and the Spanish elections..Then it is game over. So BTS 2 should be fully ready within July and fully ready for mass European adoption by August...

I highly doubt bts 2 will be ready by August... Probably best case scenario is early September, but I would guess that there will be snags and it gets bumped to October

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Cyprus was all speculation,  there was zero actual bitcoin activity in the actual Cyprus at the time. There's close to zero bitcoin activity in Greece today as well and the market is much smarter this time.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:40:24 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats