Author Topic: [ANN] Peak Venture Group Adopts the BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 40160 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Tragic.  What a strain on credibility

In business, you seldom have total control of events, in fact you seldom have any control.

You just pivot and carry on. 

Sometimes plans work out quicker than expected, sometimes there are setbacks that move projected goals.

To let a change in plans from a situation that you cannot discourage you, is to fail in business.

To carry on in spite of it all is the true measure of success.

Do not discourage yourself and others, celebrate the willingness to move forward in spite of all obstacles.

Of course you are right. That doesn't change the fact that Stan's cocksure attitude leaves a sour taste in the mouth of many community members. He's the boy who cried wolf at this point IMHO.
Horsefeathers. He has literally informed the community of developments as they have happened once he has been given liberty to do so. He is not then responsible for all the businesses that have shown an interest, nor the manner or timescale in which they execute their BitShares implementation. Stan is busy, along with many others, reaching out and forming partnerships that will sustain Cryptonomex and grow BitShares. This is precisely what BitShares needs. Any reasonable person would understand this and would be interested in learning of promising partnerships in development. If they succeed or adapt or fail is not down to Stan or anyone reaching out. What's important is the strategy and the direction.....there are people making the right things happen and if only some of them succeed, well a pebble can start an avalanche.

Yes, of course Ben - to everything you said. I just think his hyperbole is over the top and I personally don't find it very persuasive. Hopefully I'm eating crow in a few months.

Of course, I could keep all this stuff secret and be accused of insider trading...

You are free to research each announcement and make of them what you will.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline phillyguy

In business, you seldom have total control of events, in fact you seldom have any control.

Sometimes plans work out quicker than expected, sometimes there are setbacks that move projected goals.

To let a change in plans from a situation that you cannot discourage you, is to fail in business.

Do not discourage yourself and others, celebrate the willingness to move forward in spite of all obstacles.

Of course you are right. That doesn't change the fact that Stan's cocksure attitude leaves a sour taste in the mouth of many community members. He's the boy who cried wolf at this point IMHO.
Horsefeathers. He has literally informed the community of developments as they have happened once he has been given liberty to do so. He is not then responsible for all the businesses that have shown an interest, nor the manner or timescale in which they execute their BitShares implementation. Stan is busy, along with many others, reaching out and forming partnerships that will sustain Cryptonomex and grow BitShares. This is precisely what BitShares needs. Any reasonable person would understand this and would be interested in learning of promising partnerships in development. If they succeed or adapt or fail is not down to Stan or anyone reaching out. What's important is the strategy and the direction.....there are people making the right things happen and if only some of them succeed, well a pebble can start an avalanche.

Yes, of course Ben - to everything you said. I just think his hyperbole is over the top and I personally don't find it very persuasive. Hopefully I'm eating crow in a few months.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Personally I appreciate every peek into what's going on behind the scenes. I want all the info I can get. For better or for worse. I can temper my own expectations.

And a "peak" is the right word for it.. there is plenty more that just hasn't been announced on the forum.

To be blunt.. with some of the toxic demanding entitled attitudes that surround this forum, I don't blame any company who doesn't want to have their names made the play things of some characters here. Stan does his best to edify and be welcoming... but it is almost inevitable that the mobs first response is to demand name changes, get shared dropped, and tell them how they should be running their business to name just a few. Even I have gotten caught up in this backwards culture at times. Don't expect this forum to be where announcements are made in the future. Expect to see them first in Reuters and the like.

Any real company with real business plans shouldn't give a shit about what this community thinks or posts on this forum

Have you thought that through, or are you shooting from the hip?

Not shooting from the hip... I would not invest in any company that takes advice from an online forum.  Do you notice how bytemaster doesn't respond to whiney members of this community?

Bytemaster has always taken valid criticism seriously. He has changed his original plan on more than one occasion after receiving community feedback.

What are you talking about?

I'm saying real businesses don't make business decisions based on forums...

Offline onceuponatime

Personally I appreciate every peek into what's going on behind the scenes. I want all the info I can get. For better or for worse. I can temper my own expectations.

And a "peak" is the right word for it.. there is plenty more that just hasn't been announced on the forum.

To be blunt.. with some of the toxic demanding entitled attitudes that surround this forum, I don't blame any company who doesn't want to have their names made the play things of some characters here. Stan does his best to edify and be welcoming... but it is almost inevitable that the mobs first response is to demand name changes, get shared dropped, and tell them how they should be running their business to name just a few. Even I have gotten caught up in this backwards culture at times. Don't expect this forum to be where announcements are made in the future. Expect to see them first in Reuters and the like.

Any real company with real business plans shouldn't give a shit about what this community thinks or posts on this forum

Not shooting from the hip... I would not invest in any company that takes advice from an online forum.  Do you notice how bytemaster doesn't respond to whiney members of this community?

Bytemaster has always taken valid criticism seriously. He has changed his original plan on more than one occasion after receiving community feedback.

What are you talking about?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

If that's the case, why would they even bother share dropping on it??

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Hahahahaha! Well that's an interesting point of view.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

And a "peek" is the right word for it.. there is plenty more that just hasn't been announced on the forum.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:05:42 am by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:10:21 pm by godzirra »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline phillyguy

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

I agree wholeheartedly to everything you said.  But expectations need to managed from here on out.  Failure is embraced, but are we learning from it?

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile