Author Topic: [ANN] Peak Venture Group Adopts the BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 39781 times)

Tuck Fheman

Tuck Fheman

Or maybe your amusement is more important than what is being acheived here ? Is it ?

Try this for less daily frustration : Correlate Newmine's post with the price chart, notice trend, start profiting, stop complaining. ;)

Or just continue doing what 99.5% do and react emotionally. Personally, I'd rather profit and Newmine is the best tool I've found.

I'm working with Haasonline to produce the Newminebot that will "shitpost" (aka constructive criticism with a bite) at opportune times, because I'm not sure how long I can rely on a human to be timely with their shitpost.  :P

Offline EstefanTT

@Newmine, since I can remember you critique everything and everyone without any understanding of what you are saying.

You spend the time of this community to answers the questions you have because you didn't do your homeworks and try to understand the things by yourself.

Can you please stop being that ridiculous and wasting the time of the very ones who are changing the world into a better place ???

Or maybe your amusement is more important than what is being acheived here ? Is it ?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:27:53 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Though people want to hear more from some partners, it just may not happen as you are really pushing for.  Some are out there running their business in a different manner, do not really talk on forums, etc.  There are many types of businesses, and many models, theirs works for them without the interaction, etc. As a few others have said, it doesn't matter if we hear from every partner. 

When coding in Java, etc - do the devs and Java community expect everyone that uses their technology to report in, etc?  No.

What I was trying to convey earlier was that consumers need not know that this game company has switched to blockchain tech.  For them they may not know for a while, or ever.  That should be ok with us.  If they want to educate their users about how they are securing their assets, securing their data, etc that is for them to decide.  Being able to work with partners and integrate into different types of business outside of the crypto community is the key to mainstream, not focusing on those that understand it, or it's values.

Max, Stan and crew all worked on this quite a bit over the last several months, and all deserve praise on this.  It will be really awesome to see a real business outside of the crypto world with revenues using BitShares to secure their business.

So the shareholder of the project has no right to know who is jumping on board, what their intentions, objectives, incentives, and experience/qualifications are?

Do you see how fast this project is moving away from decentralized with Cryptonomex in control? This is a clear example the Cryptonomex is doing what they think is best for Cryptonomex?

Sorry, but you guys need the crypto community to embrace this first. Decentralized is a core ideal that gave birth to the blockchain. You can tell me all day Cryptonomex won't have control and will work for free for Bitshares despite the opposite being said, but the more centralized you are the harder mass adoption will be.

I think this project, with DPOS and the large stakes held by I3 people put the project very close to the decentralized side of the decentralized/centralized event horizon. With Cryptonomex licensing code for profit, I think you will find the project crossing that threshold and will eventually never see the true light of day, which is Mass Adoption.  And sadly, mass adoption starts within the crypto community. Joe Schmo isn't going to leave Wells Fargo for Cryptonomex BitShares. I imagine that pitch is somewhat similar to Diner Club salesmen trying to get you to switch from a Visa. -Hey Joe why don't you try a Diners Club card? You can use it at 50 different restaurants world wide. -Uh, I can use my Visa at every restaurant, no thanks.

I3 was supposed to release control over the past year and they half assedly did, but even then no one saw or said there would be a problem with an open, free license such as a MIT. It wasn't until Devs making money and walking away (with their huge stakes) became a factor that all of a sudden licenses were needed so no one could steal the code and profit off it elsewhere.  BM still never answered my question in another thread about did I3 specify that they would work X amount of hours for Y amount of AGS or was it clearly implied that Bitshares would be delivered regardless of how much money was given?

Remember, Satoshi left Bitcoin core and it's done quite alright and finds a way.

Silly rabbit!

It's a decentralized system.  Anybody can jump on board.  They don't need our permission.

We said that 100% of all AGS funds would be spent growing the ecosystem at zero profit.  That is exactly what we have done.

Graphene was developed with new sweat equity during a period of time when the developers were only paid by the blockchain a few days a month. 

BitShares 2.0 explicitly gives the community control over the development process.

Cryptonomex does not and will not control all the developers in this space.  They are free agents who are free to work for us or the blockchain or on their own projects.  We are just one Center of Excellence.  Perhaps one of the Anchor Stores at the BitShares Mall with lots of specialty boutiques and several other anchor stores.

In the meantime, we will continue to seek partners.  But the referral system is open to all who can bring new users to the system.  Whether you are a developer or a merchant or a blogger or a webinar producer or an affiliate marketer or an exchange or a venture capitalist or an entrepreneur or a bunker operator or a street preacher or a specialty industry mogul.  The ecosystem is wide open to all.

Anybody can help build the BitShares business and share in its profits without permission from anyone else.

As we have promised from the beginning.   :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:30:40 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Though people want to hear more from some partners, it just may not happen as you are really pushing for.  Some are out there running their business in a different manner, do not really talk on forums, etc.  There are many types of businesses, and many models, theirs works for them without the interaction, etc. As a few others have said, it doesn't matter if we hear from every partner. 

When coding in Java, etc - do the devs and Java community expect everyone that uses their technology to report in, etc?  No.

What I was trying to convey earlier was that consumers need not know that this game company has switched to blockchain tech.  For them they may not know for a while, or ever.  That should be ok with us.  If they want to educate their users about how they are securing their assets, securing their data, etc that is for them to decide.  Being able to work with partners and integrate into different types of business outside of the crypto community is the key to mainstream, not focusing on those that understand it, or it's values.

Max, Stan and crew all worked on this quite a bit over the last several months, and all deserve praise on this.  It will be really awesome to see a real business outside of the crypto world with revenues using BitShares to secure their business.

So the shareholder of the project has no right to know who is jumping on board, what their intentions, objectives, incentives, and experience/qualifications are?

Do you see how fast this project is moving away from decentralized with Cryptonomex in control? This is a clear example the Cryptonomex is doing what they think is best for Cryptonomex?

Sorry, but you guys need the crypto community to embrace this first. Decentralized is a core ideal that gave birth to the blockchain. You can tell me all day Cryptonomex won't have control and will work for free for Bitshares despite the opposite being said, but the more centralized you are the harder mass adoption will be.

I think this project, with DPOS and the large stakes held by I3 people put the project very close to the decentralized side of the decentralized/centralized event horizon. With Cryptonomex licensing code for profit, I think you will find the project crossing that threshold and will eventually never see the true light of day, which is Mass Adoption.  And sadly, mass adoption starts within the crypto community. Joe Schmo isn't going to leave Wells Fargo for Cryptonomex Bitshares. I imagine that pitch is somewhat similar to Diner Club salesmen trying to get you to switch from a Visa. -Hey Joe why don't you try a Diners Club card? You can use it at 50 different restaurants world wide. -Uh, I can use my Visa at every restaurant, no thanks.

I3 was supposed to release control over the past year and they half assedly did, but even then no one saw or said there would be a problem with an open, free license such as a MIT. It wasn't until Devs making money and walking away (with their huge stakes) became a factor that all of a sudden licenses were needed so no one could steal the code and profit off it elsewhere.  BM still never answered my question in another thread about did I3 specify that they would work X amount of hours for Y amount of AGS or was it clearly implied that Bitshares would be delivered regardless of how much money was given?

Remember, Satoshi left Bitcoin core and it's done quite alright and finds a way.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Different partners have different reasons for using our network.

But they all now have incentive to encourage their existing user bases to learn about BitShares since that gets them a whole new referral revenue stream for life.  So they will find a high payoff in convincing their customers to use BitShares as much as possible.

But every business model has to find the right way to make that transition.

Transitioning your chocolate covered designer strawberry customers into crypto savvy financial savants might take a bit more imagination than, say, converting the currency of an empire building game to support inter-game crypto commerce.

Best way you can help is to learn about their business and suggest sales pitches to a partner's customers for why they should definitely sign up for a BitShares account.

"Oh, so you're a gold bug?  Did you know you can lock in your physical gold price in 1 second at cryptosmith.info?  No more waiting days for your check to clear to lock in your price!"

Nothing says you can't get credit for referrals from any forum or blog where anything is discussed.  Just post a relevant message with a link to your funnel or one that you have partnered with and get your own revenue stream.

This is where everybody can get involved looking for synergies and making connections.

Funnel developers:  you should start advertising that you have funnels people can refer others to.  There are thousands of ways to get involved and rewarded.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:00:54 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I agree that each time Bitshares manages to sign up a customer, it should not turn into a witch hunt with people accusing the customer's business of being a scam, and demanding a bunch of information from them.  Which is how part of this community has reacted to the customers that Bitshares has gotten on board so far.

It seems to be a symptom of the crypto sector that people are now so wary of scams that they now first assume everything is a scam, and only become convinced otherwise if you present them with irrefutable evidence.

Peak Venture group and Banx Capital are *customers* of Bitshares.  They are going to be paying us (BTS holders) to use the technology.  They arent asking you to trust them with your life savings.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I see Bitshares like the internet of finance. It should remain neutral and no one should ask permission to participate.
This!

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
if they don't want a worker/delegate it's none of our business what they do or do not within the network.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I see Bitshares like the internet of finance. It should remain neutral and no one should ask permission to participate.
This!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Personally, I think they should all sharedrop 10% to the community (long live the social consensus!)  ;) , but aside from that I agree with your laissez-faire position.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I see Bitshares like the internet of finance. It should remain neutral and no one should ask permission to participate. As long as they don't corrupt with the core protocol, their business is none of my business.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Stan, if a business joins BitShares, stakeholders should know if that said business will benefit BitShares and how it will achieve that, at least during these times which we can call the beginning of BitShares. That kind of stuff is important. What I mean is, the community needs to be informed enough to decide whether to support this or not.

The problem with "Not every one of them may consider reading posts on crypto forums a good use of their time or feel obligated to answer a bunch of questions about their business." is they might not get community support because of that.
It's their business to decide what they do or do not want to tell bts members.
They're not running for a delegate or asking for any funding, so why is it anyone else's business?
These guys PAY to integrate with BitShares in UIA and transaction fees.
If they go bankrupt, bts loses nothing other than future-profit-potential (which is only speculation and not real value).

they might not get community support because of that.
yes, this is true. There may be value in getting bts members on their good side, but if you don't like them; don't buy their products.

BitShares investigative journalism may be a profitable business, but it's not Peak Venture's job to provide that service

I seem to be countering a couple of your posts today Akado, sorry! Nothing personal, I just want this stuff to be public :)
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM