Author Topic: [ANN] Peak Venture Group Adopts the BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 39412 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I'll pump this everyday till someone gives me an aswer. I don't like being ignored. Specially when someone who joins BitShares doesn't even introduce themselves. It's the minimum they could do. It takes 5m

We have invited them to drop by and introduce themselves.
Until they do, how will they see your bumps?

We are lucky to get new partners who delight in interacting here.  But each has its own style and priorities. 
Not every one of them may consider reading posts on crypto forums a good use of their time or feel obligated to answer a bunch of questions about their business.

Each of these new relationships takes time to develop.
Right now we're more focused on figuring out the best ways to work with each other and where both busy management teams are going to find the time to do so.

Stan, if a business joins BitShares, stakeholders should know if that said business will benefit BitShares and how it will achieve that, at least during these times which we can call the beginning of BitShares. That kind of stuff is important. Otherwise there is no point on announcing this kind of stuff. I didn't obligate anyone to answer questions related to their business. I asked those questions, they're free to answer to them as they see fit, however you're overlooking the fact that a simple crypto forum is one of the few methods of communication of this community. As simple as it seems, as bad as some forums might be, the BitShares forum is still an important place to discuss stuff and if a business joins BitShares but doesn't communicate with the community (I know it has been a short time since the announcement, see my reply to Ander below), how should the community react if the community doesn't even know what does this partnership mean? People need to communicate somehow. What I mean is, the community needs to be informed enough to decide whether to support this or not.

The problem with "Not every one of them may consider reading posts on crypto forums a good use of their time or feel obligated to answer a bunch of questions about their business." is they might not get community support because of that.

To be fair this announcement happened over 4th of july weekend, they probably are away from work for a bit.

Hopefully they will come answer questions next week when they are back in the office.

I admit I didn't notice that so I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh. Completely forgot about that.

As the original press release stated, they plan a "Part 2"  later this month.  Hopefully that will give you more insights.  Some companies prefer to communicate only through formal press releases.   Perhaps that's how they see it.

There is a big contingent of our supporters that have long lobbied for us to take that approach.  :)

Anyhow, let's see how the next announcement goes.  Perhaps they will weave some of your topics into their formal output pipeline. 

Or maybe they still plan to come here when they get a moment.
I have forwarded your questions to them.

Thanks I appreciate it. Sorry if I was too impulsive. Will be waiting. Just don't underestimate a forum, this is one of the few places we can gather and discuss all kinds of crypto stuff. One of the few places some people can go to inform themselves and that info can be priceless.

Thank you once again.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'll pump this everyday till someone gives me an aswer. I don't like being ignored. Specially when someone who joins BitShares doesn't even introduce themselves. It's the minimum they could do. It takes 5m

We are lucky to get new partners who delight in interacting here.  But each has its own style and priorities. 
Not every one of them may consider reading posts on crypto forums a good use of their time or feel obligated to answer a bunch of questions about their business.

Right now we're more focused on figuring out the best ways to work with each other and where both busy management teams are going to find the time to do so.

Stan, if a business joins BitShares, stakeholders should know if that said business will benefit BitShares and how it will achieve that, at least during these times which we can call the beginning of BitShares. That kind of stuff is important. Otherwise there is no point on announcing this kind of stuff. I didn't obligate anyone to answer questions related to their business. I asked those questions, they're free to answer to them as they see fit, however you're overlooking the fact that a simple crypto forum is one of the few methods of communication of this community. As simple as it seems, as bad as some forums might be, the BitShares forum is still an important place to discuss stuff and if a business joins BitShares but doesn't communicate with the community (I know it has been a short time since the announcement, see my reply to Ander below), how should the community react if the community doesn't even know what does this partnership mean? People need to communicate somehow. What I mean is, the community needs to be informed enough to decide whether to support this or not.

The problem with "Not every one of them may consider reading posts on crypto forums a good use of their time or feel obligated to answer a bunch of questions about their business." is they might not get community support because of that.

To be fair this announcement happened over 4th of july weekend, they probably are away from work for a bit.

Hopefully they will come answer questions next week when they are back in the office.

I admit I didn't notice that so I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh. Completely forgot about that.

As the original press release stated, they plan a "Part 2"  later this month.  Hopefully that will give you more insights.  Some companies prefer to communicate only through formal press releases.   Perhaps that's how they see it.

There is a big contingent of our supporters that have long lobbied for us to take that approach.  :)

Anyhow, let's see how the next announcement goes.  Perhaps they will weave some of your topics into their formal output pipeline. 

Or maybe they still plan to come here when they get a moment.
I have forwarded your questions to them.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:51:42 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:14:18 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
1. How old is Peak Venture Group?

2. How many start ups have you successfully incubated?

3. How much investment have you successfully helped to collect to the start ups you're helping?

4. Any known strategic partner/angel investor that has contact with you that you could disclose?

5. Any known or cool events you took your start-ups to?

6. Which start-ups you incubated could potentially use BitShares and how?

7. What about your eCommerce store, any revenues?

8. Are you part of an Incubator Network like The Startup Federation? So that you could share these news with them and reach more people, giving BitShares more exposure to the financial world? If not, are you planing/would you like to? If you do, would you share this with others or do you think you would loose the edge against the competition, meaning you would prefer not to share that info with them (or maybe just do it later). - All of this, assuming BitShares 2.0 runs smoothly.

Just came up with these now, still didn't read the articles fully to check if it answers to any of these questions so sorry if they do.

Don't want to get this lost in all the spam...

+5%

Btw, why did no one from Peak Venture Group at least introduce themselves instead of having Stan post this? It's only nice when you do so. I can comprehend if you're busy, but this is something someone can do in 10m and log in for 5m every day just to answer a few questions.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

3. How much investment have you successfully helped to collect to the start ups you're helping?

4. Any known strategic partner/angel investor that has contact with you that you could disclose?

8. Are you part of an Incubator Network like The Startup Federation? So that you could share these news with them and reach more people, giving BitShares more exposure to the financial world? If not, are you planing/would you like to? If you do, would you share this with others or do you think you would loose the edge against the competition, meaning you would prefer not to share that info with them (or maybe just do it later). - All of this, assuming BitShares 2.0 runs smoothly.

Just came up with these now, still didn't read the articles fully to check if it answers to any of these questions so sorry if they do.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
This is more good news. Good work Murderistic and thank you for helping to bring this home.

Welcome to the Peak Venture Group  +5% :D
Can we get a little more info about you pls. Im assuming this is the company in CO.

Thanks

PS.. lets not get sidetracked with this newmine nonsense. It means nothing.

Offline lakerta06

Weren't you the guy who was part of that scammer Brian Pages team? You must be the mastermind marketeer, especially with a handle like that. You make good choices. Keep it up murderistic!

Newmine, I am all for freedom to express concerns, but if you continue to post libelous statements you will be banned.   

Brain Page was a hard working honest guy who just happened to fail at a difficult task.   We may not have liked all of his results, but without him we wouldn't have Max, I wouldn't have had speaking engagements at many conferences, etc.   

BM just try not feeding the troll. Banning will change nothing. He will come back with a different name.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Weren't you the guy who was part of that scammer Brian Pages team? You must be the mastermind marketeer, especially with a handle like that. You make good choices. Keep it up murderistic!

Newmine, I am all for freedom to express concerns, but if you continue to post libelous statements you will be banned.   

Brain Page was a hard working honest guy who just happened to fail at a difficult task.   We may not have liked all of his results, but without him we wouldn't have Max, I wouldn't have had speaking engagements at many conferences, etc.   
Pretty sure you have called people scammers. I remember the NuBits ponzi accusation,which to your credit you reneged on. Nonetheless it was still libel against Jordan Lee in the same essence. So if you ban me for that, make sure you ban yourself. But we all know that isn't the real reason you want to ban me.  I'll let you decide. Remember their are bigger websites than this and I can still go there with more conviction if you force me to.

ridiculous.  he threatened to ban you because you were being discourteous about a friend and colleague.  there are no robots here and none of us are immune to defensive passion....it does him credit whilst your sniping does you none at all.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Pretty sure you have called people scammers. I remember the NuBits ponzi accusation,which to your credit you reneged on. Nonetheless it was still libel against Jordan Lee in the same essence. So if you ban me for that, make sure you ban yourself. But we all know that isn't the real reason you want to ban me.  I'll let you decide. Remember their are bigger websites than this and I can still go there with more conviction if you force me to.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

+5% Absolutely!!

+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

+5% Absolutely!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█