Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129672 times)

Offline fuzzy

btw, to the powers that be if continued effort is worthy of brownies, thanks for considering... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.msg257961.html#msg257961
bitsharesblog.com is a great thing! Please continue with that!

@xeroc @mint chocolate chip yes it is.  and id gladly distribute brownies to you if you can give a general idea of the hours spent working...I am mostly doing this to help out and generally try to get a number of hours figured out for me so i know that it is not my bias deciding.  obviously, however, I hope those who are telling me the hours they worked are doing so transparently here in this thread and also that the other brownie holders are not being undercut for the work theyve done.  it is largely a big and thankless job...but im doing the best i can with it to help our community and those who have chosen to directly contribute to bitshares rather than sit back, work extra hours to buy more stake. 

The difficult thing in bitshares is that those who work for bts generally free of charge will someday be in the position where they have very little control over what they helped construct.  Instead it will be centralized exchanges and some whales who largely did not participate other than through buying bts (which is fine, but slightly unfair to BRN holders whose work will have literally been why the whales will be super wealthy).  It is a tough question and though I can make rules, at least at first im trying to simply stick to the basics of what bm wanted rather than make it something difficult.

That said, I guess the definition of "work" is different for different people. For someone in the position 38ptswarrior is in...everyday life probably seems like a heck of a lot of work, which is likely why such a sum was chosen by him in terms of hours worked. 

It should be indisbutable that 38 has done a good deal of advocating for bitshares.  However, it is also apparent that many of us have been here from near day one who could come up with very similar numbers.  This number, however, if given to 38ptswarrior, would likely anger many others who could have gone as far as to expect that much, but chose to remain a bit humble in their enumeration of work hours.  Im going to sit and think about this for a few and ask @38PTSWarrior to consider his listing and help me out to find a happy medium.  I personally know of noone who has so many brownies as is being asked for. 

@xeroc, i believe you have been severely underpaid for your work.  Please consider my request to 38 to have beeen extended to you as well. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
btw, to the powers that be if continued effort is worthy of brownies, thanks for considering... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.msg257961.html#msg257961
bitsharesblog.com is a great thing! Please continue with that!

Offline mint chocolate chip

@xeroc iirc I read a post you made where you disclosed how many you got, though you might have edited out the number later, I say this because I think I remember comparing in my mind and thinking it odd the number you got to how many I received, I was gifted the ratio of 100 brownies per hour worked, and I had thought you had many more hours than 400 (I am thinking I read you posted it was 40,000).

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I think you guys should take a deep breath and remember this:

Technically all Brownie Points mean is that you are on my good side.  Brownie Points are not redeemable for anything and do not create any obligations between me and anyone else.   BROWNIE.PTS is a tool that allows me to keep track of everyone who is in my good favor and to what extent.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
@38PTSWarrior .. want to guess how much I received?

I am curious and also curious if you feel you have received close to 100Brownies/hour of unpaid work.

I dont want anyone feeling screwed over if at all possible and im sure bm feels the same.
I am happy with the 8k brownie pts I have received which I guess is not much since the inflationary "late days of brownie points". Did I work more for BTS?
WHAT IS WORK? There has to be a sense of productive work and unproductive work. If anyone that says he did something for BTS is getting paid "hourly"... what do we end up with?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I don't think its a good idea to publish my numbers

I am begging for stealth (blinded) transactions and multisig in the light wallet. The moment we see stealth, that is the day whales and savers will start to move in to Bitshares. Multisig will bring in more businesses and their investors. The Asset Bot (it creates UIA/FBA for you) will help to shield them.

That's not my point

No, it's my point.. prioritization. Let's bring liquidity.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

I am begging for stealth (blinded) transactions and multisig in the light wallet. The moment we see stealth, that is the day whales and savers will start to move in to Bitshares. Multisig will bring in more businesses and their investors. The Asset Bot (it creates UIA/FBA for you) will help to shield them.

That's not my point

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Dang .. I manged to maneuver myself into a position I never wanted to be ..

* On the one hand I don't want to appear greedy and am thankful for anything that I receive out of generosity
* furthermore I did publicly state that I did my work "for free" for quite some time
* however, it sometimes feels as if people assume I am rich and can work for free all day long
* Finally, I need to figure out on my own how to make a living from the blockchain space in particular the Graphene-based chains

Anyway .. my fault .. but I don't think its a good idea to publish my numbers .. but I can tell you it is less than 50k

Offline fuzzy

I am curious and also curious if you feel you have received close to 100Brownies/hour of unpaid work.

I dont want anyone feeling screwed over if at all possible and im sure bm feels the same.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

38PTSWarrior

@xeroc
15000?
Edit:
Maybe first 15000 and later 300.000.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:22:55 am by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fav, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
#sharebits "onceuponatime" 10 MEGUSTA

Offline onceuponatime

@fuzzy

2 threads:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11020.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13569.0.html

I worked from December 2013 till now December 2015. I think 4 hours a day is a fair guess.

Let's calculate:

2 years =730 days
730 x 4 = 2920 hours

100 BROWNIE.PTS per hour = 292000  BROWNIE.PTS

I already received 15000 BROWNIE.PTS from bytemaster.

292000 - 15000 = 277000 unpaid BROWNIE.PTS

The solution is that he can issue a million "chateaux" and pay himself as much "chateaux" as he thinks his 2920 hours are worth!