Author Topic: How is that even possible than Kencode has not already been voted ? (Rank #101)  (Read 7460 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I disagree with many of you folks. We do not vote in delegates merely to reward someone who is loyal or helpful, though that is certainly a consideration. Much more importantly, delegates become elite members of the BitShares governance structure. When someone has a history that's wide open on the Internet, on this and other forums, that raises questions of stability and trust, then I question whether that is someone worthy of the trust of holding a delegate position. Again, I am not passing negative judgment, just asking you to be very considerate about who you vote in. It is a pain in the ass to get rid of someone later on, so choose wisely.

this.

edit: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16071.0.html here's another thread
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:45:02 pm by fav »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I disagree with many of you folks. We do not vote in delegates merely to reward someone who is loyal or helpful, though that is certainly a consideration. Much more importantly, delegates become elite members of the BitShares governance structure. When someone has a history that's wide open on the Internet, on this and other forums, that raises questions of stability and trust, then I question whether that is someone worthy of the trust of holding a delegate position. Again, I am not passing negative judgment, just asking you to be very considerate about who you vote in. It is a pain in the ass to get rid of someone later on, so choose wisely.

In the current system, delegates are the "workers" "delegates" or "witnesses." Ken is a worker, thus in the current system is perfectly eligible to be a delegate. In BitShares2.0, he'd be worker, not a delegate. That's one of the flaws in bitshares2.0, responsibilities are all mixed up together
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
this shows a flaw in the system: if people don't actively keep up on the forums and then vote (which both takes a lot of time and effort), nothing moves forward. BitShares2.0 is supposed to address this. Until then, I and my slates all vote for ken.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline EstefanTT

Right now he is just asking for some funds from the delegate to work better.  :-[

He has already committed a lot of time and money out of his passion for BitShares and this community. I can't see how he could become a bad actor in this community.

He will be delagate for a couple of months until the 2.0. He will be able to use the money for bounties and all the things he do. Then he will have the delegate split to witness and paid worker corresponding. The delegate of the 2.0 is different of the current one and your concern about him staying delegate forever against the will of the community (very unlikely) won't be a possibility.

Come on, let's give the man some credit for all he did to move this project forward !

He's obviously not the only one and a lot of you guys have done amazing things but he is one the most undervalued.

If he really disapoint the communuty after beeing voted, beeing a pain in the ass o whatever, I commit myself to create the very same post but to downgrade him in the delagate list. To #99 back to #123 !  ;D

That beeing said, Donkeypong, you comment is apreciated and will help to understand better why is he still out of the 100 delegates.
Any constructive criticism is very welcome !!!

I won't be able to attend the mumble session, if anything important comes out, please post it here to get the rest of us informed  ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:12:02 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline onceuponatime

@donkeypong   Ken is in the Mumble session now, and has answered questions about his history. If you have more  questions, you should jump in.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
I also am amazed that he has not been voted in. It is true that he has made a few abrasive comments but no one is perfect and the amount of work that he has done and what he has accomplished is simply amazing. He has actually paid out a lot of bounties from his own pocket. Kencode brings so much value to this community and to Bitshares.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline EstefanTT

Well done jabbajabba and 天籁 !!!

Come on, let's move him up to # 120 in the next 24h !

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

He is doing a lot for this community and he is very motivated !!!

It's our role as a smart community to identify our valuable assets. KenCode is one of them.

He did a lot of good quality work for BitShares and he's keeping it up !

What do we want ? Demotivate him ? That what's gonna happen if he keep working like crazy without having the gratitude of the community expressed through a delegate position !

So, let's do it community ! Let's vote Kencode in !
He's at the #123 position as I'm writting this, let's move him up !

I will keep is rank update in the title of this thread untill he's at very less #99.

You guys can  +5% this post once a day so it stay in the newest posts and we get him in the place in a few days.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:48:58 pm by EstefanTT »