Author Topic: How is that even possible than Kencode has not already been voted ? (Rank #101)  (Read 7459 times)

Offline EstefanTT

We've just reached #115 !!!

Someone hit very hard the vote button ! Well done ;)  +5% +5% +5%
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline EstefanTT

I don't know him very much but it always seems to me like he was doing a lot without having the proper response from the community. So I did this post to express that impression.

I like the way you think Permie !!! Let's make this post a bit more productive !

He's highly motivated to have the delegate position and surely open to any suggecstions from you guys. Afterall, you are the ones who detain the voting power.

What do you think he could do the deserve your vote ??

I will start as an example but he already have my vote : I like the job he has done translating in several languages the Max W. videos, flyers, triflod, ... there is a lot of people out there who will never know anything about BitShares because they are not use to read in english (even less able to understand blockchain high tech projects in another language). So, as a delegate I would like if he could continue to diffuse the important infomation in the more widely spoken languages.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I'm agree that it's not the time to go viral. The product is not ready for that can lead to a reverse effect and makes us bad publicity.

I don't think Ken is aiming that.

Here is a quick list of what he achieved lately. I don't see anything he has done that have not its place in our "waiting phase" before the release of 2.0.

Helping Ronny at CCEDK
Develop more features for the Nanocard such as Branding, Affiliateships, Cash back rewards and merchant (stores, restaurants, etc) discounts.
He's bringing whales.
Tweet like crazy about BitShares and related companies like CCEDK
Bring in businesses like ZappTales
As a PR Agent, he bring more media to Stan such as Bitcoins and Gravy, Cointelegraph articles, etc.
Working on the BitShares POS project which will bring millions in transaction fees.
Crypto Coaching services via BitShares Munich brand
Youtube channel
G+ pages
Working on the DAC Wizard project which allows businesses to quickly and easily setup a DAC on BitShares 2.0 tech.
Create more google food thru videos, links, social posts, video subtitling, etc.
Working on the BitShares Munich Expo (aligning speakers, partners and sponsors now).
Help newbies in the tech support threads.
Faucet newbies as well
He translated a LOT of content in different languages. When 2.0 launched, anybody without a good level of english won't understand a thing about BitShares, languages are primordial.

Maybe it's delegate project would be better received if he could describe a road map on what he will be working until the release ? Focusing on all the things that can be done in a symbiotic way with our "waiting the 2.0 phase".

Opinions ?
It's really great what Ken is doing, and he has my vote but bts members are already getting all this for free (from him).
Also a lot of the things you listed are part of private businesses.

Maybe Ken needs to hold something back and offer his services to bts members after payment. A roadmap of "here's what I'll do if you pay me" could also help.
Community members rallying around Ken so strongly does speak to the amount of effort and good work he has produced though.

Rational members will want to see: the benefit to bitshares, reasons why members should pay for this benefit, integrity of the candidate and a demonstrated ability to follow through with their stated goals. Has Ken done all of these to the extent desired by the members?
It may not have anything to do with Ken, the announcement of DPOS 2 seems to have halted voting for new delegates.

Members who have not voted for Ken, can you name one thing that Ken can do to persuade you?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline EstefanTT

I'm agree that it's not the time to go viral. The product is not ready for that can lead to a reverse effect and makes us bad publicity.

I don't think Ken is aiming that.

Here is a quick list of what he achieved lately. I don't see anything he has done that have not its place in our "waiting phase" before the release of 2.0.

Helping Ronny at CCEDK
Develop more features for the Nanocard such as Branding, Affiliateships, Cash back rewards and merchant (stores, restaurants, etc) discounts.
He's bringing whales.
Tweet like crazy about BitShares and related companies like CCEDK
Bring in businesses like ZappTales
As a PR Agent, he bring more media to Stan such as Bitcoins and Gravy, Cointelegraph articles, etc.
Working on the BitShares POS project which will bring millions in transaction fees.
Crypto Coaching services via BitShares Munich brand
Youtube channel
G+ pages
Working on the DAC Wizard project which allows businesses to quickly and easily setup a DAC on BitShares 2.0 tech.
Create more google food thru videos, links, social posts, video subtitling, etc.
Working on the BitShares Munich Expo (aligning speakers, partners and sponsors now).
Help newbies in the tech support threads.
Faucet newbies as well
He translated a LOT of content in different languages. When 2.0 launched, anybody without a good level of english won't understand a thing about BitShares, languages are primordial.

Maybe it's delegate project would be better received if he could describe a road map on what he will be working until the release ? Focusing on all the things that can be done in a symbiotic way with our "waiting the 2.0 phase".

Opinions ?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Having a good product... CHECK

IMO:
At the moment we have nothing but an idea and shiny but unproven theoretics.
* BitShares 0.x is discontinued and not in a condition that allows me to promote BitShares to my family, friends, colleagues or even strangers.
* Graphene is not yet available as Beta and 1.0 is probably far away from being released (2016?).
Promoting BitShares, SmartCoins and NanoCard does not make any sense for me until I have facts and a lightning fast wallet including the announced featureset.
But I love the concept and believe in Cryptonomex, so let the Devs build and prove what we are all waiting for and it will automatically go viral.
I'm inclined to agree here, once DPOS 2 is out it should sell itself and 90% of the minor advertising we could start doing now will be eclipsed by the platform selling itself. Because profit.

IMO the best course of action now is still to target potential investors in the system, start-up investors, and to debate parameters/functionality of Graphene so upon release it is near-perfect.

And to prepare for future private referral income strategies (advertising benefits to end users and getting paid for referring them) to put online when DPOS 2 goes live.

I'm glad there is lots of news scheduled in the run-up, or this place could end up feeling like purgatory until 'End of summer' when DPOS is released
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline btswolf

Having a good product... CHECK

IMO:
At the moment we have nothing but an idea and shiny but unproven theoretics.
* BitShares 0.x is discontinued and not in a condition that allows me to promote BitShares to my family, friends, colleagues or even strangers.
* Graphene is not yet available as Beta and 1.0 is probably far away from being released (2016?).
Promoting BitShares, SmartCoins and NanoCard does not make any sense for me until I have facts and a lightning fast wallet including the announced featureset.
But I love the concept and believe in Cryptonomex, so let the Devs build and prove what we are all waiting for and it will automatically go viral.

Offline mangou007

It is true, that I absolutely don't understand how come an asset like Kencode has not yet the delegate status...

But I understand that some people don't like other people making a lot of noise... But open your eyes guys there are so much to do and there still are so many people here just waiting to score...

Guys... WAKE UP... it is people like Ken who makes noise that will shake some persons of our community to move and actually DO something for BitShares.

You have to keep it mind one thing... Having a good product... CHECK, having a good community ... CHECK without good marketing and people actually moving their booty to make this happen... BitShares will NEVER GROW...

WE HAVE TO DO THIS, if we don't push we won't do nothing....

And as for me, Ken is moving things in the right direction so AT LEAST give him weapons to do that!!!

You have my vote since a LONG TIME AGO Ken!

VOTE!!!! We have BitShares in our hands... now open your eyes... VOTE!!!
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline EstefanTT

I chose not to vote for Ken. He makes a lot of noise on the forum and makes lots of promises, but frankly I don't think he will deliver on much. Yes, he's made some YouTube videos and has a presence on Reddit, but it's not enough to warrant delegate pay at current rates, let alone as a worker in 2.0.

I'm just not convinced, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken the delegates voted right now (and before) will be split between witnesses and paid workers, not delegate anymore.. So if we vote him delegate, it's just like giving him a paid worker with some anticipation.

If he is not bringing enough to the community, his paid worker position will decrease in the ranks and be out of the the paid ones. Problem solved.

A lot of the projects in this community are waiting to have the referral program in place with the 2.0 to start the engine. Meanwhile we can't wait doing nothing right ? Well, guess who is working for free nervertheless ... you got it !

Vote Kencode !

PS : Phillyguy, your writting style seem familiar to me, are you an old member of this community with a new account ?? Let's play a game, if it's the case and I find who you were, you vote Kencode ! Deal ?  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:22:12 am by EstefanTT »

Offline phillyguy

I chose not to vote for Ken. He makes a lot of noise on the forum and makes lots of promises, but frankly I don't think he will deliver on much. Yes, he's made some YouTube videos and has a presence on Reddit, but it's not enough to warrant delegate pay at current rates, let alone as a worker in 2.0.

I'm just not convinced, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Ken would be able to get voted in much faster if he could garner some support from the bitshares china community.  I know @btswildpig is a bridge between the two communities.  Maybe wildpig could reach out to the Chinese side if he likes what ken brings to the table.

I for one am very impressed with what ken has already done for bitshares using his own funds and believe he would do a great job with a fully fledged delegate position.

@bytemaster would you consider voting for kencode?  Or do you think there is more he needs to bring to the table.  He has done a great job getting us interviews with cointelegraph and he is bringing new businesses to bitshares.  He recently just brought in ZappTales.

Offline EstefanTT

Offline EstefanTT

Goooooooooooooooooood morning BitShares !

A fresh coffee in my left hand, the mouse in my right, the summer spanish sun painting my living room in warm colours ... it would have been a perfect morning if ...

... we didn't loose the rank we won yesterday, we are back to #123. That's sad  :-[

BUT that's not a big deal, these are just some hesitations before the big wake up ! When the community will realise that we have a person working hard for BitShares, investing time and money to add more value to the whole project, more value to YOUR bitshares, then votes are going to flow like crazy.

Untill then, I will be here remembering every body that IMHO it's a fail we have as a smart community to have this guy off the 100 delagates.

PS:  constructive criticism or personal opinion on why has he still not been elected are very welcome
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:24:01 am by EstefanTT »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

this shows a flaw in the system: if people don't actively keep up on the forums and then vote (which both takes a lot of time and effort), nothing moves forward. BitShares2.0 is supposed to address this. Until then, I and my slates all vote for ken.

There's a delegate for that :) ... delegate.dposhub-org << I know I have posted this a few times but I do mean it when I say coming soon. :) ..
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline EstefanTT

Rank #122, yeah !!! That's the spirit !

Fasten your seatbelt KenC ...