Author Topic: What are we doing tonight Pinky?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline fer87

• View Profile
That's a funny idea, tonight I will sleep!

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
The only issue I have was that micro transactions are not ideal on bit shares at 0.20$ transaction fee.  :-(
BM has said that fees should reflect the value provided to the customer.

Fees need not necessarily be paid by the end-user, and the fee may not even necesarily need to be paid in transaction fees. Perhaps the social-media wallet-provider could front the fees to attract more customers, or the fees may be paid another way. Maybe tipping-users can have their fees paid for them if they advertise/tweet the tip to a threshold number of unique viewers.

Few minutes ago, I had amazing customer service on elegant theme`s forum.

I've got an idea:

I thought it would be cool if I could send a BitUSD micro payment to this guy to thank him. Just like with ChangeTip.

This guy would be probably happy to have free internet money and then he would be incentivized to go through the process to open a wallet. This wallet has this micropayment functionality and keeps track of the referrals the micropayment bring in.

This wallet would have to be great at inviting people with good copy and an easy sign up process. Then for a viral loop, it would invite the new user to start tipping other and participate in the profit sharing of the wallet. "When you tip and bring in new users, we reward you with x% of all their future transactions"

A smart contract with multisig between the wallet provider and the wallet referrer could split the referral rewards on a monthly basis with a pre-defined x% of it's referral transactions. Everytime someone sends a micropayment the wallet and it's the referrer earns.

The x% would be defined by what is needed for funding development while being high enough to incentivizing it's users to tip.

If such a feature existed in a wallet, a marketer could use this and build a business by signing up people by simply sending tips for good work on the internet. (Fiverr, Content, Youtube, twitter, reddit, email, etc)
Not sure how this could work, but here are my initial thoughts

In this scenario you have 3 entities:
The wallet provider
The tipper
The tippee

The wallet provider wants to earn a profit from providing a tip-based wallet service. These profits can be earned in several ways:
Tx fees of the tippers
Referral income from the tippee
In-wallet advertising
Tip-tagged adverts - John123 wants to send you a tip for 10c! Click here to collect, did you know that XYZ exchange (CCEDK?) can convert to your bank account??
Gaining good-will amongst a particular community in hopes of boosting sales of their other products - in this example CCEDK's nanocard etc

The tipper wants to send a small amount of money to reward good content. They want to pay as low a fee as possible and are likely to want to see the full value of their tip go to the content-creator (tippee). They want this process to be as seamless as possible (one-click) and would like to earn cash-back if possible - perhaps this can be x% of any referral income paid to the wallet provider.

The Tippee wants to feel that their work is valued, they want their tip to be as easy to claim and spend as possible. They want to see instantly why they should bother following through and collect their tip. They do not want to see spam, or suspect they may be the target of a scam.
They would like to know of ways they can further monetize their content and would benefit from CONCISE infographics/info telling them what to do to use BitShares to increase their profits.

I really think that something like this could be the viral-advertising campaign that @CCEDK is looking for. (Could someone tag CCEDK for me, i dont know the userID of CCEDK or how to find it)

Perhaps tips cannot be instantly claimed. Tip-tx's could be bundled into a single transaction and the wallet-provider could pay lower per-tx fees as a consequence of delaying the tx's. Is a single large bundled-tx cheaper for the bts network to process? Is tx-confirmation an economy of scale?

I think the crux of this discussion is whether or not transaction processing can be compensated in a way other than in the units transferred (bts, bitUSD etc)
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
The only issue I have was that micro transactions are not ideal on bit shares at 0.20$ transaction fee.  :-(

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

I've got an idea:

I thought it would be cool if I could send a BitUSD micro payment to this guy to thank him. Just like with ChangeTip.

This guy would be probably happy to have free internet money and then he would be incentivized to go through the process to open a wallet. This wallet has this micropayment functionality and keeps track of the referrals the micropayment bring in.

This wallet would have to be great at inviting people with good copy and an easy sign up process. Then for a viral loop, it would invite the new user to start tipping other and participate in the profit sharing of the wallet. "When you tip and bring in new users, we reward you with x% of all their future transactions"

A smart contract with multisig between the wallet provider and the wallet referrer could split the referral rewards on a monthly basis with a pre-defined x% of it's referral transactions. Everytime someone sends a micropayment the wallet and it's the referrer earns.

The x% would be defined by what is needed for funding development while being high enough to incentivizing it's users to tip.

If such a feature existed in a wallet, a marketer could use this and build a business by signing up people by simply sending tips for good work on the internet. (Fiverr, Content, Youtube, twitter, reddit, email, etc)

Would that interest MoonStone @bitsapphire ?

Isnt this at the heart of ULTRA ? :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
That's an amazing idea. Whoever implements this on a major social site stands to gain truckloads of referrals.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I like this idea

If possible, I think the refarral system should have features suited to many different types of referrers and affiliates that reward the referrer proportional to their efforts

@bitsapphire

Here's how to @mention:
Code: [Select]
[member=31]bitsapphire[/member]
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

I've got an idea:

Would that interest MoonStone @bitsapphire ?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:15:19 am by rgcrypto »