Author Topic: wallet log in prob  (Read 3147 times)

Offline ed_tred

• View Profile
when i unlock 999999 and set up passfword it says that the wallet must be open
when i try to open it says such a wallet doesnt exist,
what could there be wrong?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:43:44 am by ed_tred »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
ough, i am desperate now, f... helll, default wont open , it says sush a wallet dont exist, but i obviously i opened when backed up from only one json i had in the file, account name , is the same wallet name is it?
1) keep calm
2) located your data directory (http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Config)
3) open the "wallets" folder
4) selected a backup from "wallets/.backups/default"
5) import that into the GUI from the main menu bar

Offline ed_tred

• View Profile
ough, i am desperate now, f... helll, default wont open , it says sush a wallet dont exist, but i obviously i opened when backed up from only one json i had in the file, account name , is the same wallet name is it?

Offline ed_tred

• View Profile
i managed to backup but missing funds and some transactions i think, i start wonder..., and i can not run default from cli

Offline yeti

• View Profile
Thanks for the tip about chain_server config.

I think my lowly DSL connection speed is the bottleneck at the moment.  I'll be making my own occasional backups of the raw_chain folder from now on.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Right...imported a backup of my wallet from the GUI (I manually export a backup every once in a while).

I can now login to the GUI, and everything looks okay, apart from the blockchain being down to about 56%.
Sweet :)

Is there any likely reason why the blockchain would just disappear and start downloading again?  What files/folder can I backup/restore if I want to avoid waiting for an unexpected blockchain download?
there is a "chain/raw_chain" folder which contains the raw data .. @fav has a torrent for that somewhere in the forum
alternatively you can improve download speed if you use a chain server
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Chain-Server

Offline yeti

• View Profile
Right...imported a backup of my wallet from the GUI (I manually export a backup every once in a while).

I can now login to the GUI, and everything looks okay, apart from the blockchain being down to about 56%.

Is there any likely reason why the blockchain would just disappear and start downloading again?  What files/folder can I backup/restore if I want to avoid waiting for an unexpected blockchain download?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Is that bad?  Do I need to re-import my wallet from a backup?
not too bad ..
however you will need to recover your wallet from a backup .. which is very easy ..

1) located your bitshares data directory (http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Config)
2) there is a "wallets" folder in it which contains a subfolder "default" and a (maybe hidden) folder ".backups"
3) rename the default folder to something else (just to be on the save side)
4) and then locate the latest backup in ".backups/default" .. the numbers indicate the date of creation
5) open the GUI .. and IIRC in the main menu bar .. you can select somthing like "import backup" or something like that ..
6) choose this .. located the file from 4) and provide the passphrase ..
7) the GUI will recreate your default wallet and all your funds should reappear again ..

Good luck

Offline yeti

• View Profile
Well, I may have needed to upgrade to 0.9.2 (had downloaded it, but apparently did not actually install).

In any case, I now see that the blockchain must be downloading (it says it is 23 weeks old).  It was in sync a couple weeks ago, so something went wrong for sure.

If I try to open my wallet, I get the following:
Code: [Select]
10001 level_map_open_failure: level_map open failure
Failure opening database: C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
...etc...

Is that bad?  Do I need to re-import my wallet from a backup?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hey there and welcome to the community,

I am not sure what the reason for this behavior is but you can try to resolve it using the CLI version to sync the blockchain and see what's up. Here is the howto:

1) locate "bitshares_client.exe" and execute it
2) the client launches connects to the network and after some time will prompt for input indicated by ">>>"
3) you can enter "getinfo" to see the status of the client in json format. it will tell you how long ago the last block was received (should be below 10 secs if synced fully)
4) you can also enter "open default" to open the default wallet used by the GUI
5) you can unlock the wallet with "unlock 999999" for 9999999 seconds to scan for new transactions for you (you will be asked to provide a password which will not be printed on the screen)
6) The wallet will ccertainly tell you something about what it is doing .. syncing, scanning, upgrading the wallet .. stuff like that .. just let it do and wait for the "latest block head" parameter in getinfo reach something in the seconds
7) close the CLI with "quit" and relaunch the GUI version .. it will use the new blockchain and everything should be fine then

maybe also consider upgrading to 0.9.2

Offline yeti

• View Profile
I also have this problem.

If I start the wallet, I can see high bandwidth usage...maybe redownloading the blockchain?

In the meantime, if I try to login, I see the usual progress indicator flash for a second, then it's gone.  But nothing else happens.

Offline ed_tred

• View Profile
hi
few days after last log in to the wallet , now for some reason i am not able to log in anymore, i have win 7 using 0.9.1 bitshares. its kinda tries to log in for few secs, flushing the log box, then comes back to normal. i have tried to delete peers folder but still same s..t, anyone have idea?

cheers, appreciate that