Author Topic: Published on Forbes at 10.14am New York, check it out  (Read 16900 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Agreed. That is the killer feature.
Now if I can just convince my 90 year old landlord to accept bitEUR... ;)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
awesome! i'd like to learn more about ccedk is being implemented. for instance, how is this possible?

“You won’t have to worry about our exchange being hacked or whether it is honest or solvent.”

i thought the exchange still hosts customer accounts and holds funds?
ha .. seems you haven't read through all the technology in bitshares2.0:
https://bitshares.org/technology/recurring-and-scheduled-payments/

This allows you to give permission to someone else (on-chain) to withdraw up to a predefined amount of funds (in a certain asset) in a given period of time.
You can pretty much compare this feature with a debit card that has a daily/monthly limit!!

In the end, the exchange does not need to hold ANY of your funds .. it's basically just "translating" credit cards commands into bitshares network commands ..

This IS a killer feature!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Published on Forbes at 10.14am New York
(EDT).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/07/16/is-the-nanocard-bitcoins-killer-app-can-it-transform-the-global-remittance-market/

awesome! i'd like to learn more about ccedk is being implemented. for instance, how is this possible?

“You won’t have to worry about our exchange being hacked or whether it is honest or solvent.”

i thought the exchange still hosts customer accounts and holds funds?

love the BTS, CNX, and SmartCoins refs :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline karnal

• View Profile
So lets just wait with great anticipation on the Forbes article and enjoy that Bitshares is having a good mentioning in there togther with SmartCoins and Cryptonomex. It is free publicity and will hopefully bring some more members to the community in the same time.

Well said.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Look, I have no intention whatsoever to seem threatening in any way.

I was about to write a long story about why I write like I did or do, but I guess everybody each know with themselves why they are involved in Bitshares, and some wait for things to be done, others contribute in whichever way possible. Bottom line is that nothing comes on its own, and many different factors and not only the ones involving providing liquidity on CCEDK are important in order to reach finish line as soon as possible.

I believe in trying to my best to reach my goal by being proactive, and this way afterwards being able to say I did as much as I could, now only time will show if that was enough or not.

I am reaching out to the ones who believe active helping to reach the goals is a necessary part of everything.

Its really this simple.

The NanoCard will not happen untill a necessary liquidity is provided on exchange. If that means it will only be provided once we are in fact an acting wallet, well thats ok also, it is just important everybody realizes that, so I dont get blamed later on why it is not yet possible to get fiat via bistassets.

I respect anyones need for privacy, so I hope we are also clear on that part. :) I am only trying to be an active part of something much bigger than anyone of us.

So lets just wait with great anticipation on the Forbes article and enjoy that Bitshares is having a good mentioning in there togther with SmartCoins and Cryptonomex. It is free publicity and will hopefully bring some more members to the community in the same time.

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Ronny,

I am going to try to help you out here. You seem like a sincere guy and I think good things lie ahead for CCEDK. I would imagine some think like me so here you go.... 
I don't use centralized exchanges unless I absolutely have to. I am looking forward to using your service in 2.0 though! I think it's going to be great. I would like to point out a couple of things.

Your post kind of seems threatening in a veiled way (probably unintentional). That's not a good way to be a part of a community.

So far what you have done is said that centralized exchanges aren't safe and BTS 2.0 is the way to solve that. I agree. However, now it seems you are saying "go ahead and use my centralized exchange since I have spoken a lot of words about my intentions and about how great Bitshares is so I should be rewarded with increased liquidity". So far these are just words. I think it's possible that you do deserve a reward but for me personally that will come once BTS 2.0 is ready and you have followed through on your promise to be the first to move your platform to it and proved your competence.

I will tell you that if I need to move funds before all of this happens I will use your exchange but right now I view all centralized exchanges as a necessary evil. I do look forward to a great partnership between BTS and CCEDK.

Please don't be discouraged by my post. I am trying to help you craft your message. Maybe no one else shares my feelings here but I doubt it.

Sincerely,
D3adh3ad

Edit: added the words "it seems" to show that this is just my opinion

i agree with your sentiment. i love what @ccedk is doing with the Nanocard and marketing crypto, in general, and plugging BTS in particular. that still doesn't make me love the idea of parking funds in a centralized exchange, which is why i mentioned yesterday that they consider adding a no account trade option, like shapeshift.io or https://blocktrades.us. parking significant funds with any third party adds a new element of risk (keepings funds on our computers is also risky, just diff kind of risk), and i know many in this community have a preference for decentralization.

that said, i intend to use my ccedk account as a liquid spending/debit account using my Nanocard. as the service matures i'll consider adding additional functionality. i may try out some EUR-bitEUR or USD-bitUSD pair trades at some point, but we'll see how things progress.

also, i'm very interested to see how the ccedk-to-BTS2.0 integration goes. if that works well i would definitely be compelled to use their platform more.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
No, I mean a highly detailed, click this, click that, watch this table for this, buy this when the price of that reaches this, sell that when this happens at that exchange...

I'd really like to learn arbitrage if we can make money doing it :)

this kind of stuff really ought to be automated. i haven't yet tinkered with any of the trade bots out there, but will check some out by the end of summer. thus far, i've only been investing in other peoples' bots, which have been very successful btw. my best bet so far has been with NXT:LIQUID. it has been the gift that keeps on giving...

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
@xeroc could you writeup a step-by-step thread so that we could all take advantage of that? ie:
you just put your orders this way:

sell bitEUR for EUR at a price of > 1.0
buy bitEUR for EUR at a price of < 1.0

when this is a surefire path to arbitrage, then we'll know we've succeeded with Bitshares.

Offline EstefanTT

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I also had the same feeling (just slightly but it was there)

My comment is only there to help, it's in any way a critic  ;)

Great job so far Ronny !
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline d3adh3ad

• View Profile
Forbes article out 2 PM UK time16/7, would appreciate some love sent to CCEDK

Well, they will say something is not right, maybe Bitshares is not the one I should focus on afterall, otherwise they would support someone mentioning them over and over again. That's just my thoughts on that anyways, an that would be a real shame!

Ronny,

I am going to try to help you out here. You seem like a sincere guy and I think good things lie ahead for CCEDK. I would imagine some think like me so here you go.... 
I don't use centralized exchanges unless I absolutely have to. I am looking forward to using your service in 2.0 though! I think it's going to be great. I would like to point out a couple of things.

Your post kind of seems threatening in a veiled way (probably unintentional). That's not a good way to be a part of a community.

So far what you have done is said that centralized exchanges aren't safe and BTS 2.0 is the way to solve that. I agree. However, now it seems you are saying "go ahead and use my centralized exchange since I have spoken a lot of words about my intentions and about how great Bitshares is so I should be rewarded with increased liquidity". So far these are just words. I think it's possible that you do deserve a reward but for me personally that will come once BTS 2.0 is ready and you have followed through on your promise to be the first to move your platform to it and proved your competence.

I will tell you that if I need to move funds before all of this happens I will use your exchange but right now I view all centralized exchanges as a necessary evil. I do look forward to a great partnership between BTS and CCEDK.

Please don't be discouraged by my post. I am trying to help you craft your message. Maybe no one else shares my feelings here but I doubt it.

Sincerely,
D3adh3ad

Edit: added the words "it seems" to show that this is just my opinion
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:52:28 am by d3adh3ad »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
so, back on topic, we've only got a few more hours to go till that Forbes article comes out, I can't wait! :D
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
No, I mean a highly detailed, click this, click that, watch this table for this, buy this when the price of that reaches this, sell that when this happens at that exchange...

I'd really like to learn arbitrage if we can make money doing it :)
What I proposed above is not really arbitrage .. that's why the apostrophes .. it's simply selling something worth a EURO for more than a EURO and vise versa ..
no worth more descriptions .. people should know that already .. and when liquidity grows .. this will be more and more difficult ..