Author Topic: [Delegate Proposal] payroll.delegate.xeroc  (Read 9327 times)

38PTSWarrior

If I can ever help you with something let me know. +5% for a good man

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Short update:

The last three weeks I have been working on:
* whitepapers (one of which is currently under review by BM)
* implemented a easy to read JS API interface example which evolved to ..
* stats.bitshares.org webpage to show statistics of the current graphene testnet
* regular tech support in the forum
* enhancing the python tools (in particular I am interfacing with websockets to have the posibility for live-updates in python)

Additionally, I am learning alot more Javascript so that I can eventually assist with development of the GUI .. but that may take more time as I am by far not as good a coder as BM

Offline bobmaloney

+5 to xeROCK of bitsharestalk.

Terrific news!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
eager to know more about that potential new project. +5% and goold luck in your PhD
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Great to hear of your increasing participation in bitshares.  Looking forward to your white papers and other secret-projects-to-be-revealed. :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Just a quick update for those wondering:
* Today is my final day at my last work
* However, I will need to put some more hours (just a few) into my PhD defense and correcting some minor bugs for the final release version

The last couple of days I mainly put my time towards writing whitepapers for BitShares. At current stage they mainly consist of the content
presented at the webpage with some general blabla about transactions/operations/accounts aswell as some stuff about the financial instruments.
Nothing worth talking about publicly yet, but I hope to have at least the one whitepaper about the DEX finished before official launch date of 2.0.
Luckily, I will have plenty of time to concentrate almost solely on the whitepaper in the near term

Besides the whitepapers, I also started reading into react and did some initial "get-in-touch" work with the web wallet. Quite nice stuff. However,
I am not as good and by FAR not as efficient at coding as BM, Valentine, James, or svk, but I hope that I can contribute at the front-end too.

There is at least one other projects I would not like to disclose yet as they are not yet in a presentable state but they focus about content
creation to get people into the BTS space more quickly. Stay excited.

As most can be seen, I am still quite active in the forum giving feedback, explanations and support.

/end of quick update

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

A big THANKS for what you have done and what you will do....
You absolutely deserve this and I expect you get to the first place of delegates with the most votes.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
P.S.: I'm also thinking  Max and Michael are doing a great job!![/i][/u]
Absolutely!!! +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
xeroc, would you consider (in the future, once 2.0 is released) assuming the role of our missing Marketing Director?
Of course, we should run some kind of community vote on this but I'm sure you are going to get a lot of support.
I can support marketing efforts but don't see myself in the position of a "marketing director". I'd rather do consulting and help grow the ecosystem by coding some useful tools

+5% - Personally i'm thinking we should get away from the classical point of view on marketing etc ... IMO the nullstreet community marketing is what we should try to get forward ...

@xeroc .. i like your way of thinking!!!

P.S.: I'm also thinking  Max and Michael are doing a great job!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
xeroc, would you consider (in the future, once 2.0 is released) assuming the role of our missing Marketing Director?
Of course, we should run some kind of community vote on this but I'm sure you are going to get a lot of support.
I can support marketing efforts but don't see myself in the position of a "marketing director". I'd rather do consulting and help grow the ecosystem by coding some useful tools.

I know that officially this position is empty and Adam Ernest is supposed to cover this area but I have the impression that he's too busy with FMV to be able to take care of BTS as a whole.
Don't know much about what is happending in Blackburg. From what I know, @ak introduces alot of people from the non-crypto world to BitShares, and that is VERY good!

I think it would be really nice to have this position filled by someone actually chosen by the community. The technical side needs to be delegated to Cryptonomex for the time being as there is no other developer team matching their skills and experience. But regarding the marketing and PR aspect clearly we can manage on our own. And to be able to do that efficiently we need somebody in charge. For me you are the perfect candidate for this role.
With the referral program, I don't see that we need a 'central' entity for marketing. BitShares a decentralized business and so should be the marketing (IMHO). Let's wait and see if the referral program can make BTS go viral.

jakub

I know that officially this position is empty and Adam Ernest is supposed to cover this area but I have the impression that he's too busy with FMV to be able to take care of BTS as a whole.

I think it would be really nice to have this position filled by someone actually chosen by the community. The technical side needs to be delegated to Cryptonomex for the time being as there is no other developer team matching their skills and experience. But regarding the marketing and PR aspect clearly we can manage on our own. And to be able to do that efficiently we need somebody in charge. For me you are the perfect candidate for this role.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
most active
most helpful
most useful

so, you deserve it. Now the market cap has to rise to support you fulltime :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I do now have published a slate and more information in the public data.

Slate: 831ca8d46ef9a44cd4b42ba501f6f7292b9e7ac2
PublicData: 21971346ada0c21c23b009f81d6248dd5709cb05
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:43:11 pm by xeroc »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Congratulations!

I think it is one of the fastest, if not the fastest ascend, I have ever seen.  Amazing!

Your slate has helped many a delegate. Do keep it going.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks you everyone!!!
Feeds are up and more on-chain details will come!

What are your thoughts about a slate? Shall I put the same slate as "delegate.xeroc"?