Author Topic: BTS 2.0 release date predictions  (Read 3499 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
It would be awesome if there was some sort of a prediction market that could be used to for people to bet on the release date of bitshares 2.0.
Augur?

yes, we should Augur it up!

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Considering there's a 30 day announce for the snapshot after the testing phase, the shortest delivery we can expect is at least 2 months upon release of the testnet.

BM expected the release of the said testnet before the end of July... Give 2-3 weeks more just because there's always delays... I would say mid to end of October.

If things don't go as planned, it could delay for a month or two more, bringing the release of 2.0 by the end of the year.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It would be awesome if there was some sort of a prediction market that could be used to for people to bet on the release date of bitshares 2.0.
There is fairlay.com (centralized service) and they do have prediction markets for the launch date of ethereum and the starting valuation there

Offline 21xhipster

Augur?
https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline sapperstein

Offline phillyguy

In a different thread recently Bytemaster said this month (July) for the test net. Would be great to see but I would rather it be as polished as possible first. Plus it sounds like Dan, Stan et al have some background discussions going on with potential partners which may take some time to mature as well. I think there is probably a fine line between pushing it too soon and releasing it too late. I just hope they/we get it right. Generally, I feel optimistic about this, whenever the actual date turns out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I was under the impression that BTS 2.0 will be released this summer so I would hope by end of August latest..
But then again I am always very optimistic..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Testnet anywhere between August and September, more inclined to September.
Final release by December-January

I would say a little sooner but since there's always something popping up when programming and unexpected stuff, I decided to give it a larger margin. 6 months seems a good estimation.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:35:07 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think a more accurate guess would be to use market cap instead of date... When we drop under 8 mil I am guessing that will light a fire under the devs and we will get a release. Otherwise I think if other 2.0 crypto starts exploding higher while bts stagnates, we will also get a release. These devs haven't released anything of real value in over a year... A lot of promises but no material.  It's been a good trading strat to bet against the devs and until there is something that is delivered I would keep the same strategy

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
November 1.  So that they can fulfill their promises of big things coming out in november, they just didnt say which year. :P

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I haven't been following development or the hangouts etc.

What are people's prediction for when we'll see 2.0?

My arbitrary guess September 5th
Testnet 1. August
Final fork announcement 25. August.
Final launch 25. September
</guestimation>

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I haven't been following development or the hangouts etc.

What are people's prediction for when we'll see 2.0?

My arbitrary guess September 5th
If you want to take the island burn the boats