Author Topic: NEM - Partners with a bank and 5000 businesses. 100% New Code - Easy APIs  (Read 6831 times)

Offline RyanPeterson

• View Profile
NEM is a very interesting crypto to trade, check out my blog article for more info. Cheers
https://wikicrypto.com/nem-trading-goldmine/

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
NEM partners with major bank, consortium of 5000 businesses, and cloud service.

The NEM core developers and marketing team have been working very hard silently in the background.  Today I would like to announce official deals that have been signed. 

https://forum.nem.io/t/major-announcement/1670

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
The Sound of NEM game has started.  It is a great chance to win 500,000 XEM by listening to a sound and guessing correctly what it is. 

You need help to get started?
Download and install the NEM software: nem.io/install.html
Helpful tutorials:
- blog.nem.io/nem-quick-start-guide
- blog.nem.io/windows-mac-installation-guide

Here is the blog post with the full instructions.  http://nem.io/soundofnem/ 

中文NEM之音 http://blog.nem.io/soundofnem-cn/

This is going to be great. 

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
Hello jabo38.

What's in it for us ?

Maybe you should try to personalize your marketing, because I won't read your wall of text just because it's there. Maybe if you tried to compare NEM and BitShares, or find common goals, you would get more interest.

RIght, good point.  Sorry for the wall of text.  I just get excited because I think a lot is going on, but I will lose people in doing so.  I need to target the community here better.

Lots of people tell me I write too much, even the NEM devs.

One of the main reasons I have been posting actually is because we need help with development.  Not core development on the chain as the main devs are doing a good job on that, but on things like the UI, webpages, little programs on top of NEM and things like that.  There are easy to use APIs so it makes it easy and in some cases some large funds set aside. 

That said, that isn't really a common goal with this community.  I can say that NEM and Bitshares are both 2.0 projects and are trying to capture completely different markets, so there isn't a lot of overlap or competition there.  I have noticed that Bitshares is on a lot of exchanges, but there still aren't that many fiat <-> bitUSD or other bit products.  NEM has this problem too, so one of the members is building a multiple fiat to multiple coin exchange that is in advanced stages, but the exchange tries to handle coins as little as possible, to minimize risk.  And the fiat will be held in a registered bank.  This might be a way for Bitshares to get a portal for many kinds of fiat into the Bitshares' system. 

Bitshares is also a pretty amazing platform, a first of its kind in crypto.  Since the target markets are different, there very well might be some way that a partnership can be formed.  I'll try to think of that, but if anybody else here has an idea, please feel free to reach out. 

Here is an example of a project launched yesterday of some of the things that can be done. http://allcoinsnews.com/2015/09/25/japans-tech-bureau-builds-low-cost-permissioned-blockchains-with-nem-project/

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
Since you are posting in the BitShares forum, can we assume that NEM will be sharedropping on the BitShares community?

Well, we will be releasing a game soon I think.  It is called the Sound of NEM.  If you go to the NEM faucet, you will have enough to send a message and play.  The winner will get a nice prize of XEM.  I will try to post back here when it is ready. 

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Hello jabo38.

What's in it for us ?

Maybe you should try to personalize your marketing, because I won't read your wall of text just because it's there. Maybe if you tried to compare NEM and BitShares, or find common goals, you would get more interest.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Since you are posting in the BitShares forum, can we assume that NEM will be sharedropping on the BitShares community?

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
Recent News Roundup #5

It has been a while since Roundup #4 and there is a lot to talk about.

We have a new forum. We have updated to a Discourse style forum. This new format allows social logins, drag and drop attachments, wiki posts, reply via email and a host of other upgrades, as well as having a new style and great mobile experience. Thank you to Patmast3r for helping us and answering the call for help.

We also have a Let’s Talk Bitcoin interview on episode #247. Please give it a listen.

The community has a new faucet working faucet.nem.io, and it isn’t just a faucet. It is an example of XEM Pay/Sign technology that allows the NEM faucet to be a multisig secured faucet over distributed servers. The user Quantum Mechanics has made a tutorial and released his code on Github.

After finishing the faucet, Quantum Mechanics has begun working on a notification system that will send email alerts anytime an account has been active and he has begun work on helping to update NCC API documentation.

We are happy to announce that the initial coding for Node Rewards has started and some initial tests are going well.

We recently had a new press release. A copy can be found on our blog.

Mosaics has undergone advanced testing on the developers’ private testnet and is now performing well with no more bugs being found. After a little more testing it will be released to the public testnet with a fork.

The mobile app is starting to undergo final stages of development. Android had a limited public test. It will now get the same UI makeover that iOS is undergoing.

Makoto has announced a new company to be built on the NEM blockchain called Dragonflypay.  He has also been busy with a few presentations and will do another one this week.

We also have a new Quick Start Guide that is useful for when you are on the road or for people that just want to try out the NEM wallet.

And just yesterday a newbie in the NEM community at Bitcoin Talk, pow2poiConvert, has released a new website, NEM Nodes which is a fun and interactive way to view node locations.

Recently, Slack has not been as busy and Telegram activity is picking back up. This is in part because the bot that allowed for Slack <-> Telegram messages is currently down. On the plus side The Reverend on Telegram has made a new tipbot. It is undergoing initial tests and is working well. If you would like to join the Telegram chat, please PM Jabo38 your Telegram user ID at the NEM forum.

Meet a Nemster

Today we will introduce Rockethead

Q: How did you become interested in NEM?
A: I was working on Ethereum in the early days and realised that Ethereum wasn't the way to go. They were a confused lot, and still are. I looked around in late May last year and decided that NEM was a good one. I do not believe in pure decentralization and NEM seemed a good fit between a purely decentralized and a centralized project. Hence my interest. My role in NEM has been marketing and contributing to the long term strategies of NEM.

Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: My favorite movie is "Beautiful Mind" - It really shows how complex one's mind is and there is a fine dividing line between reality and imagination or delusion. A little over and one can be delusionary.

Q: Please describe NEM is 3-8 words?
A: Changing the way we do ledger management.

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
NEM Quickstart Tutorial

This guide explains 6 easy steps to have NEM running and synced to a full chain to send transactions in under 2 minutes.

In this guide we will be using the standalone version of NEM and not the installer.  Using an installer usually requires a person sync a chain from scratch, but NEM has been designed from the beginning to support a two-tiered architecture.  This means all we need is a wallet and then we can connect to any number of remote nodes and start sending transactions.

Prerequisite:  By far the hardest and longest part about trying out a NEM wallet is getting Java updated.   A person must have Java 8, preferably the latest version.  To download Java please visit the Java download page.

Video Tutorial

Step 1:
Go to nem.io/install and click on NIS/NCC Standalone (.zip) to download the file.

Step 2:
After it is downloaded, unzip it and you will see a folder called "package".

Step 3:
Windows: Inside of package double click on the file runNcc.bat

Mac: Open Terminal and type
Code: [Select]
cd unzippedfolderlocation/package and then type
Code: [Select]
sh nix.runNcc.sh
You will see a command prompt with a lot of lines scrolling through.

Congratulations! You now have a NEM wallet running.  Now, lets get it synced.

Step 4:
Go to the wallet landing page at http://127.0.0.1:8989/ncc/web/index.html

Step 5:
Now in a different tab go to the NEM Node Explorer and find any node in a country near you that is running the latest version and copy its IP, or alternatively select one of the following:

62.75.171.41 Germany
104.238.161.61 United States
199.217.112.135 Unites States
178.62.233.53 Netherlands
37.187.198.49 France
108.61.168.86 Australia
85.25.36.97 Germany
108.61.182.27 Japan
198.50.144.201 Canada

Step 6:
In the upper right hand side of the wallet landing page click on SETTINGS.  A window will pop-up.  Under the Host section erase local host and replace it with your chosen IP from the node explorer.  Then click Save.  A bar at the top of the wallet should turn green indicating you are connected to a synced remote host and you can now make transactions.

You can now chose the Create New Wallet option and then log-in if you don't have a wallet already.  You will see an account number in the top left corner.  You can copy that and use it at the NEM Faucet to receive some XEM to try out the wallet. 

Offline jabo38

• View Profile
Recent News Roundup #4

It has been a few weeks since my roundup #3 and I have a lot to talk about.

Since the last round up a news article was published about NEM in CT NEM - Right now we have the best blockchain in existence.

We have successfully undergone our first hard fork at block 199,800, but be sure it won’t be the last. Lots of more exciting developments are on the way.

Major upgrades have come to multi-sig via this fork. Here we can see a transaction where I am editing my M-of-N from 4 to 3. And it can also be seen that Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak have signed off on the transaction but Harrison Wells and Cisco Ramon have not.

There are some nodes that haven’t updated yet. Please update if you recognize your name.

RB2 has updated his NEM Docker so it works with the current latest version of NEM.

There has also been a lot of activity all throughout NEM's Github and not just about new core features being added to NEM.

New sections have been added for test vectors and NEM Vanity Address Generatorand new life has come to nickel.

Quantum Mechanics has been working on some new projects for NEM. He has made a new paper wallet website and a tutorial to go with it.

He is now working on making a faucet that will utilize multisig for security. As the community has long mentioned that we are pretty excited about his contributions. If you would like to donate to him, then please send to NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY

As many people have complained in the past the original OP for NEM on BTT was found to be lacking. Part of the problem was that Xtester had been running the thread but then decided to leave crypto. He is doing well now focusing on his job, but that left us with nobody updating this thread or moderating it. Now he has transferred it to the account ournem which is an account under the control of the core team used only for updating and moderating this thread. We now have a new OP so please check it out and give us feedback. In the OP there are two infographics that are new which were made by Mixmaster and myself that the community gave feeback on.

We are looking for more videos and infographics so please help us out. Microove has recently decided to also make a new Bitcoin vs NEM infographic and here is his last version. Please give us some feedback on what you think and how it might be improved.

Two weeks ago I recently did a one hour presentation in Seoul to a bitcoin group that went well. It was recorded and feedback given by NEM team members and I am considering making another video at some point.

Two weeks ago Makoto also did another one hour presentation in Japan (in Japanese again). Another past presentation from a month ago has surfaced on Youtube of him speaking in English.

There is an ongoing proposal from the Community Fund to fund Crypto Apex’s new fiat <-> XEM exchange. They will work with a bank in the British Virgin Islands and are planning on having XEM traded with dozens of different fiat currencies. A community vote is underway by POI, the first such vote like this ever. If you would like to vote please send a message for yes to NAL332-F3WCCI-O6NHXS-G3BULU-HZR4OU-OFWJGO-HHQF saying "I support this project." If you would like to vote no, then please send a message to NAT62Q-S4IT65-6MJ2U7-2NZZSC-NRBH3R-T2YN3T-5U4O saying "I do not support this project."

The voting will finish tomorrow and if the proposal succeeds then the Crypto Apex will submit a more detailed proposal to the NEM core team (Crypto Apex members on the core team will be excluded of course) and then the core team will vote on whether to carry the proposal forward or not.

More information can be found here about Crypto Apex here and about the Community Fund.

There is also now a NEM Drive folder on Google Drive. This folder contains lots of official NEM material and marketing material as well as other files that might be hard to find as they are scattered about different websites.

Looking to the future, the developer Gimre gave us a peak of NEM Mosaics.

I’ll try to explain a bit about this quickly. Mosaics is the asset creating feature on the NEM blockchain that goes together with Namespaces explained here. Mosaics are assets that can be customized by the following:

Divisibility – Up to 6 decimal points.
Quantity – Either mutable, fixed, or capped.
Transferability – Asset can be locked into only being traded with the creator and the first person it was sent to, or it can be transferred to anyone.
Descriptions – An explanation about the asset.
Packagability – Assets can be bagged together with other assets
Name and Namespace – Assets will be a part of an advanced naming system on NEM
Data – Assets can be sent with messages

With many more plans for customizability coming in the next version, we believe Mosaics will be a powerful blockchain feature. It will allow for asset creations on NEM that are not just used for IPOs, but will be able to be utilized by businesses with real apps using the Mosaics as a part of their daily business model and transactions.

Meet a Nemster

And finally, here is a little highlight about a Nemster, a new thing I am starting with round ups and nice way to end the round up. Who? Well, I guess the best place to start is with the person writing this round up, me.

My name is Jeff McDonald and here is a little bit about me.

Q: How did you become interested in blockchains and NEM?
A: I am working in South Korea as a communications professor. I often send money back home and had been doing it with bank transfers that ended up charging me a lot of fees. That was until I discovered Bitcoin. Since that day I have not ever not sent money back hope for a loss, always sending better than the official XE.com rate. I did this by timing my buys and sells well and watching the market for good times when the price is low in South Korea and high back home.
From there I got fascinated with Bitcoin but came eventually to see many things with it that made me doubt it to some degree as a long term solution, many of the problems which were being addressed by NEM, so that is how I found my way here.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like flying trick kites at the beach, exercising, and meeting my gf.

Q: Please describe NEM in 3 to 8 words?
A: Tomorrow’s blockchain today.

Offline jabo38

• View Profile

* 100% original codebase *
* XEM is the currency of the NEM platform *

Important Links
Website | Tutorials | Forum | Support | IRC #ournem 

Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | YouTube | Weibo | BTC38

Exchanges
Poloniex | Bittrex | BTER | BTC38 | Bitcoin.co.id

Payment Processor 
Coingateway

Resources
Source Code | API Documentation | Technical Reference | Development Contract     

Tools
Nembex-Block Explorer/Node Monitor | Blockexplore.in-Block Explorer/Rich list | Node Explorer-Node Explorer/Node Monitor

Recent Updates
- Please update to version 0.6.43 or later.  A fork is coming at block 199,800.
- Warning: I versions older than 0.6.42 there was an error that sometimes led to failures in backing up wallets.  Please do not use the built-in feature to back-up your wallet on old versions.
Most likely it will generate incorrect data and backup will NOT be usable. 
- Late redemption is finally over and all funds have been dispersed to initial stake holders including sock puppet protests and late redeemers.

Specifications
Hashing Algorithm: Proof-of-Importance
Genesis Date: March 31st, 2015
Block Time: 1 minute
Available/Total Supply: 8,999,999,999 XEM
Block Reward: N/A (transaction fees only + node rewards)

Client
You can download the NEM software at nem.io.

What is NEM?
NEM is a peer-to-peer crypto platform. It is written in Java and JavaScript with 100% original source code. NEM has a stated goal of a wide distribution model and has introduced new features in blockchain technology in its proof-of-importance (POI) algorithm. NEM also features an integrated P2P secure and encrypted messaging system, multisignature accounts and an Eigentrust++ reputation system.

NEM has gone through extensive open alpha testing starting June 25, 2014, followed by lengthy and comprehensive beta testing starting on October 20, 2014. NEM finally launched on March 31, 2015.

Watch our introductory video:

Features
- NEM is built 100% from scratch (not a fork of any existing project)
- NEM is built with test-driven development
- NEM uses innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm: first reputation based blockchain algorythm
- NEM improves different features of POW and POS coins, being more efficient and environmentally friendly
- NEM one minute average block times
- NEM is the first crypto with delegated harvesting
- NEM is the first with localized spam protection
- NEM is the first with Eigentrust++ peer reputation management
- NEM is the first editable m-of-n multisig with blockchain based alerts
- NEM offers encrypted, unencrypted and hex messaging
- NEM is easy to install with a one click installer
- NEM zero inflation (fixed supply, all 9 billion coins released at launch).
- NEM relatively large egalitarian distribution
- NEM will offer a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android (coming soon)

What is POI?
POI is the consensus algorithm used in NEM to determine who will calculate the next block. An account's importance is determined by how many coins it contains and the number of transactions made to and from that account. POI is different from other initiatives which use a fee-sharing model that does not take into consideration one's overall support of the network. In some proof-of-stake systems a person only needs to have large amounts of coins to form a block; however, in NEM the transaction amount as well as support of the network become a factor. This has been designed to encourage users of NEM to not simply hold NEM but instead actively carry out transactions within the NEM ecosystem.

Roadmap to V1
- Completion of all the features in the existing wallet
- Coloured Coins
- Business Rules (a.k.a. Smart Contracts)
- Decentralized Asset Exchange
- Integration of multisignature into the AE and Business Rules
- Snapshotting for quick syncing of nodes

Need Help?
Please visit our FAQs.
Or take a look at our tutorials.

Starter NEM Tutorials
Import a Private Key & Access Your NEM stake

Installation Tutorials
Windows/Mac Installation Guide
Windows Installation Guide (standalone)
Mac Installation Guide (standalone)
Ubuntu Installation Guide (standalone)
How to Install Java 8 (64 bit) on Windows

Misc Tutorials
How to Find, Export or Delete Your Wallet and Address Book File
How to Remove Old NEM Software Versions
How to Delete Your Local Copy of the Blockchain
How to Import the Database File Provided by Developers

Advanced Features Help
How Local and Delegated Harvesting Works]
How to Connect to a Remote Server
How to Use Multi-signature Accounts
How to Use Delegated Harvesting
How to Make Your Node Name Appear in Color on the NEM Block Explorer
Easy Configuration Guide (opening port 7890)
Setting up the Testnet

Or contact our support team.

NEM Core Developers
- Jaguar0625
- BloodyRookie
- Gimre
- Makoto
- Thies

NEM Core Marketers
- Makoto
- Rockethead
- Kodtycoon
- Jabo38
- Mixmaster
- Ronel

NEM News
Coin Telegraph, Proof-of-Importance: How NEM is Going to Add Reputations to the Blockchain
Coin Telegraph, NEM Launches, Targets Old Economy with Proof-of-Importance
Coin Telegraph, Altcoin Digest: 10 Coins That Can’t Be Neglected
Bitcoinist, NEM: New Economy Movement
The Merkle, NEM: New Economy Movement
Yahoo Press Report, Cryptocurrency NEM Gears Up To Change How Trade, Commerce And Finance Is Transacted
Motherboard, This Cryptocurrency Doesn't Want to Beat Bitcoin, It Wants to Beat the Economy
Crypto.direct, NEM OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED
News Wire Press Release, Bitcoin Alternative NEM (XEM) Officially Launches with 100% Original Codebase Cryptocurrency
Allcoinsnews, NEM Q&A – Original, Tested Blockchain Platform, Proof-of-Importance, “Change the World, Forever” Tech
Coin Telegraph, NEM: ‘Right Now We Have the Best Designed Blockchain Platform in Existence’

Extra Links
Wikipedia
Coin Gecko
Coinmarketcap
CryptoCoin Charts
Paper Wallet and Vanity Generator Programs
Nembex Testnet
Community Fund Proposal
Node Rewards Proposal

How to get Involved
If you would like to contribute to the development of NEM, please contact the team via this thread

NEM is a new blockchain but is a code made for developers by developers and is already having major projects being built on it. 

NEM is looking for talented developers to help work on the NEM Community Client (NCC).  The NCC is the open source wallet.  We are looking for a main NCC developer, a UI developer, and UX developer. 

We are also looking for other people who can help with the following:

1) making infographics
2) knowledge with making websites
3) people editing videos
4) people that will help out with promotions
5) people willing to write/update tutorials
6) people to build special little additions to NEM (past examples are things like wallets, vanity generators, scripts, and little add-ons)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:16:45 pm by jabo38 »