Author Topic: 1500 PTS - Bitcoin clone with Dividends, POS, and Signature POW [CANCELED]  (Read 16746 times)

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Im following this, see what I can do.

Git account

Just pulled your repository.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Update the readme so we know what's done and what is left to do

cloned to desktop so i'll just push the changes soon
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Update the readme so we know what's done and what is left to do
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
https://github.com/Nameshar/Divsshares

ok i'll add you immediately. i'll make the basic changes now, then we'll see what it is with the bigger stuff.

done

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I'll put it in a repository if anyone is willing to collaborate, let's do it!!

Offline pooleja

• View Profile
If anyone is planning on tackling this, I'd be interesting in helping out.  Let me know.

Offline bytemaster

This bounty is very simple for all you altcoin developers out there:

1) Replace the proof-of-work with a signature verification for a ECC public/private key pair
2) Embed the first 64 bits of the most recent block into every transaction at the time it is created (Proof of Stake)
3) Transaction fees are 'destroyed' and money supply adjusted accordingly
4) Display all balances in the GUI as a percentage of the money supply * 1000000 as of the time they were SPENT... unspent TRX are displayed as percentage of the money supply as of the head block.
5) When entering amounts in the GUI, they should be entered in the same format they are displayed
6) The genesis block should be initialized by a .cpp containing a static array of PTS and BTC addresses and balances, this will require the network to support spending PTS and BTC addresses in the signature verification
7) Assuming a maximum of 100 GB per year in transactions, the minimum total cumulative transaction fees for the year should be 5% of the money supply.  Calculate the minimum fee per byte accordingly.  The 5% figure should be easily changed by adjusting a single constant.
8) Unspent outputs after 1 year expire and thus can be pruned because they cannot be spent, this forces people to spend their money once per year (Proof of Stake, and keeps the blockchain size to a maximum size).

The resulting alt-dac template will be added to our DAC developer toolkit as a quick way to bootstrap a dividend paying DAC.  When the Ripple Consensus Implementation Bounty is completed then that will be integrated to replace the Signature POW used here to create a decentralized system.

A Test network must be launched and used successfully
Blocks should be produced as soon as there is at least one transaction, but no faster than once every 30 seconds
The code should be structured such that the NAME of the coin can be changed in a single place.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:09:47 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.