Author Topic: Active (un)voting initiative  (Read 20199 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I made this post months ago and still think this list is accurate for who should update or be voted out

-market.cn.group101
-sollywood.sollars-com
-dev0.nikolai
-tradbts.gulu
-media.bitscape
-www.bts-hk
-dev-metaexhange.monsterer.  Are you guys making enough money in fees to lower your delegate pay?
-media.bitscape
-fund.bitsharesbreakout
-delegate.rgcrypto
-dev.sidhujag
-dev-trial.misc.nikolai
-dev-pc.bitcube
-dacx.baozou
-provisional.bitscape

Looks to be some massive moves in the delegate positions! Finally some signs of life!

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
and bingo was his name-O
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Pheonike

I would argue a  big chunk of ppl don't vote because they don't want to deal with the client. So they are saying  screw it and waiting for 2.0, if they even care at all.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I made this post months ago and still think this list is accurate for who should update or be voted out

-market.cn.group101
-sollywood.sollars-com
-dev0.nikolai
-tradbts.gulu
-media.bitscape
-www.bts-hk
-dev-metaexhange.monsterer.  Are you guys making enough money in fees to lower your delegate pay?
-media.bitscape
-fund.bitsharesbreakout
-delegate.rgcrypto
-dev.sidhujag
-dev-trial.misc.nikolai
-dev-pc.bitcube
-dacx.baozou
-provisional.bitscape

This must be the 3rd or 4th post addressing this issue. I even started a thread months ago that came to the conclusion that these guys needed to be ousted along with every delegate who refuses to update their progress. Here is my thread and even though I did and do recommend outing all 100%ers, I did agree that a few of them were doing actual work that could warrant staying. However there was a short list compiled by others if who to oust and all these names were on it: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15497.msg199511.html#msg199511
Liquid democracy is working wonders here. You guys should ponder on why it's not working. I'll tell my thoughts: either too much of the float is controlled by such a small number of voters, or a majority of voters are related to the elected and a "don't rock the boat"/self preservation stance is being taken.

Offline davidpbrown

You might want to consider a more aggressive automatic weighting for delegates that become unavailable or that do not perform against basic metrics, like upgrading. I took my BTS+DVS delegates offline a few weeks back, not that the BTS one was ever in the 101 but still I see no change on the ranking of either of those.. which is slightly odd, given that those are not responding they should loose reliability weighting faster. There might be a risk of abuse via DDOS but I expect there will need to be DDOS protection deployed on real delegates anyhow.

Relying on voting.. compelling voters to be active, always seems like  a weak link. Most BTS holders, most of the time will be busy doing more than attending to the politics of BitShares and then also voting to that.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

-market.cn.group101
-sollywood.sollars-com
-dev0.nikolai
-tradbts.gulu
-media.bitscape
-www.bts-hk
-media.bitscape
-fund.bitsharesbreakout
-delegate.rgcrypto
-dev.sidhujag
-dev-trial.misc.nikolai
-dev-pc.bitcube
-dacx.baozou
-provisional.bitscape
Good list.
I would leave dev-pc.bitcube in as he is actively working.
bitsharesbreakout is a trustworty custodian to distribute funds where needed imo.
Don't know about sidhujag.
But it SHOUDLD BE ON THE DELEGATES TO ACTIVELY UPDATE THE SHAREHOLDERS (pc for example does that).
Bitscape's two delegates with no delivery and no updating/justification why there is no delivery  is quite hard to justify.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:57:40 pm by delulo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
what's up with kencode? all I see from him is $5 translations for some YT videos

KenCode has been doing a lot behind the sceens.
Is there some code that I can take a look at? I am currently having issues "talking" to the cli_wallet ..
Someone else's code may shed some extra light .. it seems I am doing something wrong ..

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

-market.cn.group101
-sollywood.sollars-com
-dev0.nikolai
-tradbts.gulu
-media.bitscape
-www.bts-hk
-media.bitscape
-fund.bitsharesbreakout
-delegate.rgcrypto
-dev.sidhujag
-dev-trial.misc.nikolai
-dev-pc.bitcube
-dacx.baozou
-provisional.bitscape

delegate.rgcrypto is now 100% being used with MineBitShares/Bunkermining supporting payouts.

That's the only one I am associated with that I can speak too. Rest can check in with their updates. :)

Consider while you are voting out other delegates please vote in http://vote.bunkermining.com !

We been working hard every single day maintaining the pool and just been trying to save up enough so we can get more updates done. We made progress but not far enough to implement the current pool into the new updated one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:50:16 pm by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

-market.cn.group101
-sollywood.sollars-com
-dev0.nikolai
-tradbts.gulu
-media.bitscape
-www.bts-hk
-media.bitscape
-fund.bitsharesbreakout
-delegate.rgcrypto
-dev.sidhujag
-dev-trial.misc.nikolai
-dev-pc.bitcube
-dacx.baozou
-provisional.bitscape

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

what's up with kencode? all I see from him is $5 translations for some YT videos

He's been getting a lot of programming work done from what I have seen behind the scenes for the API support of the merchant POS systems.

I don't have any doubts about his working for bitshares.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bytemaster

KenCode has been doing a lot behind the sceens.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
These are just proposals... Me bringing a few unproductive delegates to the attention of larger bts holders than me:

Bitscape Media delegate: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18080.msg232042.html#msg232042

TradeBts (gulu):
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=17782.0

MineBitshares (6 (!) 100% delegates!)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16340.msg232666.html#msg232666

Btw, this is nothing personal... and everyone can come out debating their value in puclic...

List the one you think is not providing value anymore...

EDIT:  I have added MineBitshares to my personal list above.Why? Because it has 5 (!!) 100% delegates  in the Top 101 and 2 more 100% percent delegates at 102 and 104. I think Jonathan is a good guy with many talents but the total of 7 100% delegates we are talking about here is A LOT OF DILUTION for an unproven marketing effort! See https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16340.msg232666.html#msg232666 
Note that I asked questions first and tried to get an objective measure for effectiveness of this effort. There was no convincing answer.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:43:37 am by delulo »