Author Topic: 2000 PTS - Browser Based BitShares Wallet [TO BE DEFINED]  (Read 8813 times)

Offline archit

• View Profile

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

The money we get from the bounties will be used to set-up servers in a private bunker in the Swiss alps.

That's so 007. 8)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline domsch

• View Profile
the Identification authentication should based on keyhotee?

Something we should definitely work on. But as Dan had mentioned, we are trying to build up an MVP that is fully functional and operational for the Bitshares launch. But in our continuous development cycle, we will definitely include this.

Offline domsch

• View Profile
Requirements:

1) All private keys are managed on the browser side, the server never has unencrypted access to the keys.
2) Should support the full range of actions possible from the command line client: buy, sell, short, cover, transfer
3) Should display the latest market data from the blockchain

Notes have been taken care of.

We intend to create a one-stop solution and work on this bounty and the block explorer. So in the end, we will be the Blockchain.info for Bitshares.

The money we get from the bounties will be used to set-up servers in a private bunker in the Swiss alps. Will keep the community up to date with our progress!

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Ideally yes, but not required given the timelines.
I wish you can add this to the requirement.
Identification authentication with keyhotee should be pushed on. 
this can be used in many projects, even this forum.
It will be very exciting to see this happen  :D

Offline bytemaster

Ideally yes, but not required given the timelines.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline bytemaster

Requirements:

1) All private keys are managed on the browser side, the server never has unencrypted access to the keys.
2) Should support the full range of actions possible from the command line client: buy, sell, short, cover, transfer
3) Should display the latest market data from the blockchain
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

As had been discussed with Daniel, we are going to work on the Web-Wallet bounty and the Block Explorer.

Waiting for Dan to respond so we can agree on the terms of our agreement.

As no one has started any work on this, I am going to give domsch the opportunity to have exclusive rights to this bounty.  I will work to establish the details here and welcome feedback from the community.

Offline domsch

• View Profile
As had been discussed with Daniel, we are going to work on the Web-Wallet bounty and the Block Explorer.

Waiting for Dan to respond so we can agree on the terms of our agreement.

Offline bytemaster

I am thinking a browser based wallet would interact with the block explorer bounty for querying the blockchain and/or submitting transactions to the blockchain.   It would effectively implement what my command-line bts wallet does only instead of posting transactions via my binary protocol it would use websockets and JSON.  It also would not verify transactions or store the blockchain, instead it would simply trust the blockchain explorer provider to provide accurate representation of the transaction history.

The goal of this bounty is to make it easy for EVERYONE to get a wallet without having to install anything.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I think it should either be completely independent of the local bitsharesd instance because it makes no sense to visit/login to a site if you can just fire up your local software. Another way is to have bitsharesd act like a webserver which can be reached

I think there are a few options here and I'm willing to work on any of these

• Option 1: Incorporate bitsharesd rpc api and let the site just handle the communication and calls between you and your local instance. Trade updates can be either rpc'ed from the client or at a centralized point and pushed to the clients
  • option 2: Same concept but instead of a centralized platform let the user download a ready-to-deploy instance of the platform which he can hosts himself somewhere. Maybe it can be added to option 1, it's platform in depended since it can all be done in javascript and some static html pages

[edit] I'm sleeping over the slick option 3, be back tomorrow with a detailed implementation suggestions [/edit]
[/list]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:11:53 am by GodsCreation »
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I am interested in this.

After the wallet website is made, who would have to control it for the bounty to be paid? Would it be run by Invictus?

Also, if I were to get it running in a month, would that still be before the Bitshares genesis block?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:28:00 am by trader »

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.