Author Topic: CCEDK, you should copy Poloniex's interface and features!  (Read 8969 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Has CCEDK given any info about how their interface will look post 2.0 & after integrating with Graphene?

Hope it is a surprise!

You might want to take a look at my linkedin blog to get an idea of how the future CCEDK Bitshares wallet will look like :) ;)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/openledger-most-powerful-crypto-financial-platform-world-boesing?published=u

what a great post!

Is openledger offering the affiliate to marketers? If you do, how much revenue do you share?

ty

this part of sharing revenue is why i am creating slack and hangout for Openledger within coming days as I am unsure exactly i which way to create an offer just making anyone thing they have to participate, but still making it worthwhile from my own side to put in all the work.

depends. 80% for me as marketer, 20% for openledger (+potential new customer for CCEDK) sounds okay in my opinion.

I wonder when we get more details on the affiliate system, it's still in dev.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Has CCEDK given any info about how their interface will look post 2.0 & after integrating with Graphene?

Hope it is a surprise!

You might want to take a look at my linkedin blog to get an idea of how the future CCEDK Bitshares wallet will look like :) ;)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/openledger-most-powerful-crypto-financial-platform-world-boesing?published=u

what a great post!

Is openledger offering the affiliate to marketers? If you do, how much revenue do you share?

ty

this part of sharing revenue is why i am creating slack and hangout for Openledger within coming days as I am unsure exactly i which way to create an offer just making anyone thing they have to participate, but still making it worthwhile from my own side to put in all the work.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Hope it is a surprise!

what a great post!

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

Hope it is a surprise!

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Hope it is a surprise!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

jakub

Why copy when they can do better  :P

Copying the front end while using Bitshares as the back end WOULD be doing better.
Definitely, if you could combine Poloniex interface with BitShares backend - that would be amazing.
I agree, the current CCEDK interface is quite terrible and probably one of the main reasons there is such low volume there.
Good marketing efforts on Ronney's part but bad UX ruins everything. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I agree with the sentiments posted re: the Poloniex interface.  Poloniex has done a great job.  It's not perfect, but it is hands down the best interface I've seen.  One feature in particular that @Ander mentioned is especially important.  And that has to do with the order book.  As Ander mentioned,  it is imperative that when you click on a price in the order book, let's say on the ask side, it populates the quantity field of the order form with the total number of coins up to that price, not just the number of coins available at that price alone.  This may seem trivial to some, but I assure you it is not.  We need to make sure we get this right in the new webwallet.  The current web wallet is lacking in this way.
I've never actually noticed an exchange having this functionality but I like it and it's definitely something we could add, I'll have a look this weekend.

Oh yes, this is missing from BTS as well, but I think that was partly due to the stupid 'you get what you ask for and the rest is burned' plan which didnt work and probably drove away some traders.

Hopefully we get this functionality in BTS 2.0 as well.

Was even easier than expected.. https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/commit/eb98d6c82330b3621fa88f6b7a1969bb87a51288

Yes, thank you!!
+1

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I agree with the sentiments posted re: the Poloniex interface.  Poloniex has done a great job.  It's not perfect, but it is hands down the best interface I've seen.  One feature in particular that @Ander mentioned is especially important.  And that has to do with the order book.  As Ander mentioned,  it is imperative that when you click on a price in the order book, let's say on the ask side, it populates the quantity field of the order form with the total number of coins up to that price, not just the number of coins available at that price alone.  This may seem trivial to some, but I assure you it is not.  We need to make sure we get this right in the new webwallet.  The current web wallet is lacking in this way.
I've never actually noticed an exchange having this functionality but I like it and it's definitely something we could add, I'll have a look this weekend.

Oh yes, this is missing from BTS as well, but I think that was partly due to the stupid 'you get what you ask for and the rest is burned' plan which didnt work and probably drove away some traders.

Was even easier than expected.. https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/commit/eb98d6c82330b3621fa88f6b7a1969bb87a51288

+5% +5%

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Yes, thank you!!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I really like the UI and UX of Coinigy.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
IMHO, CCEDK interface does need some ironing out (may be more).

Used it couple of times.
Some specifics:
1) Deposits (BitUSD, BitShares) were slow, a few hours (may be solved by now).
2) When sell(buy) orders were completed, the relevant fields,  balances, were not updated for some time: I had the old and new balance showing at the same time.

Overall experience:
CCEDK user nterface is not inviting to say the least. Other trading platforms that I used offered greater user experience. Even if they didn't, CCEDK interface does not make me want to experience it again. Poloniex is quite the opposite (a bit slow though on my old computer).

IMO, some changes need to be done to the CCEDK user interface.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline DestBest

Copying the front end while using Bitshares as the back end WOULD be doing better.
+5%
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I agree with Ander on that. I used to hate Poloniex and haven't traded for more than a year there since I was just buying BTS at all levels whenever I could afford to..
During the last month I decided to give it a go again and traded 0.5BTC by going long BTS with leverage and doubled  it :)..
The troll box is also very funny. .Lending and margin trading does indeed bring lots of liquidity there..

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I love CCEDK of course, as one of our partners, but I also love Poloniex.  Their interface is very nice, and the margin and lending features and bringing in the traders and volume.  More liquidity is important to anyone trying to trade or buy at decent prices without slippage.

I'd love to see CCEDK making their interface work more like that at Polo.  Currently Polo has the best interface of any altcoin exchange by far, and imo it should be emulated.

Here are a summary of the features I think should be emulated:

* In the trading screen, the sell orderbook is on the left (under the BUY section), and the buy orderbook is on the right (under the SELL section).  This is much superior to how it is on CCEDK.  On CCEDK, to look at how my order will match up against the orderbook, I have to compare diagonally across the section. 

* At CCEDK, if I click on an order that is down further in the order book, it inputs that specific quantity and price into my order.  However, what it should do is input that price and the quantity that is the sum of all the coins available up to that price.  This way I can make a couple clicks and buy all of the orders up to a certain point.  The way it works on CCEDK, it only works well if you buy every single order manually, which is annoying.  Its especially annoying when someone spams every price level with some small 100 share order or something.  Most of the other exchange operate the way I described.

* There is no Trollbox at CCEDK!  The polo trollbox is awesome and very lively, it keeps people interested in the site.

* I like the way the charts look at polo.

* I like the Night mode option, which makes the screen have a dark background, its much cooler.

* And of course, the margin features bring in the trading volume.

I would love to see CCEDK become even more successful than polo!  Of course, using Bitshares as the backend is a huge step forward.  I hope that these front end interface improvements can be made as well, since they will help attract more users. :)

Thanks!