Author Topic: Any Coin  (Read 3590 times)

Offline fuzzy

or find a way to implement an aspect of POW that only a human can do.  Would that be possible though? Sounds Treky :-X

Hand-mined altcoins? I don't think people would put that much effort into it

No i'm talking about something like, perhaps, shoes that track proof of work as you run using gps, heart monitor...etc.  If you are part of this kind of DAC, the "proof of work" would be going out and exercising, which would provide incentive for more people to get more exercise.  They would earn tokens whose value floats on the market and is valued largely on the amount of money it saves elsewhere in the economy. 

But i'm not sure if that can be "autonomous" and therefore not a DAC. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
SHA / GPU / CPU have different marketing and penetration characteristics for coin / merchant / mining...therefore different economic considerations, but you can still apply such a model across types.   All three will be around.  So will the market for skilled human labor.

CPU is unglamorous, but ubiquitous - they'll have the greatest number of potential users, most who may not be looking to specialize more.  They're commonality will stabilize prices near mining costs.  This incentivizes users to focus on added value (i.e., service quality), instead of just traded or exchanged in distributed markets (price quality). "Make work" becomes "make use". 

A "wallet fork" is nothing more than one entity requesting acknowledgement that a wallet address is separate from the parent entity.  Pretty much the basis for property rights, corporate partnerships, industry standardization, version control, or configuration management....depending on law, business, industry, engineering, or software.

The most basic action needed to allow "wallet forks" is voting - i.e., a wallet requesting "emancipation" by voting for its parent organization's wallet, and that wallet voting back to acknowledge.  That creates an objective record and "system" classification between the two that can be community verified and enforced...

MMC has voting!  MMC has property rights!  MMC can develop its own "industry common law"!

Think of it as "homesteading" a blockchain...
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So if you allowed 3 hashing algorithms as PoW .. you'd probably also need 3 difficulties .. right?

I dont like PoW that much any more .. I a fan of PoS ;-)

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
or find a way to implement an aspect of POW that only a human can do.  Would that be possible though? Sounds Treky :-X

Hand-mined altcoins? I don't think people would put that much effort into it
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline bytemaster

Proof of work that only a human can do doesn't change the fact that you are paying people for make-work jobs. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Offline bytemaster

You still end up paying people to dig holes and fill them back up again and ultimately someone that can get a monopoly on ASIC power can easily do the same for CPU and GPU power... that is unless you make mining unprofitable. 

Mining is dead and will always end up centralized in mining pools.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

If you're going to do distribution via computational mining, I like this idea a lot.

Amen

Offline nomullet

• View Profile
Since this is peer to peer you could have a board (like memorycoin) that would decide on any new modules to add(or adjust) to the wallet. They could digitally sign the module and it would propagate through the network (no forking!)
M9ycAeveS8hhQtok6xgLPMEpGsZxFkcgzT

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
If you're going to do distribution via computational mining, I like this idea a lot.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline nomullet

• View Profile
Instead of trying to make a coin 'cpu only', how about a coin that would allow blocks generated from SHA256, Scrypt or CPU? Difficulty adjustments would depend on the algorithm used and would be adjusted to seek parity. The advantage would be that the network would be supported by a variety of hardware making it the most secure and would pique the interest of any miner regardless of their hardware investment. With an open model algorithms could be added as crypt-currencies evolve.

Not sure if it is even technically possible, but thought I would throw it out there....
M9ycAeveS8hhQtok6xgLPMEpGsZxFkcgzT