Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 130128 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i thought about is today and i realized we should maybe structure it this way:

Trading on the top nav bar should be leading to this section who is available in "Explorer" "Assets"

and this section should not be available via alphabetical, but how many trades are happen and how many user are holding the assets.

with this each section is clear structured. if i choose a SMARTCOIN asset i am in the section i want to trade SMARTCOINS etc.

we should think about to give colors to each section so that is clear where i am, like SMARTCOINS : blue, UIA: GREEN, PREDICTIONMARKETS: YELLOW

what should also available ist a button in the trading section who i get to this page for each asset : https://bitshares.org/wallet/#/asset/USD
so informations on the trading section to this pairs.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:46:33 pm by Shentist »

Xeldal

who had this "great" idea to label all assets with a STAR ?

my feedback on this. it will not help the users to understand the difference in 4 BTC* . i would like to know, where i can find,
on which place this was discussed? Lately it seems it is not enough to follow the forum to be aware of this changes.

i think it would much better to make first mockups and ask for feedback and not change something you think it is good.

as a daily user of the wallet, this helps me 0 and makes my life not 1 once easier in the wallet. I think it has the opposite effect.
this is not a step forward!

at the moment i have no solution, but it is not better then before and in fact, makes my daily trading not easier.

I don't like it either.  Its more difficult to find the specific BTC I'm looking for having to hover over every pair.

What about keeping the * to indicate an abbreviated label but make it an option in settings, as well as separating/ sorting the markets by Exchange in the my markets list.  So you might have a METAEX, OPEN, TRADE and ALL tab or select in a drop down.  And this displays only those markets with a Quote currency of METAEX.xxx etc.   

OR instead of stars you could change the color of the prefix or slightly fade the letters, smaller or different font?.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
who had this "great" idea to label all assets with a STAR ?

my feedback on this. it will not help the users to understand the difference in 4 BTC* . i would like to know, where i can find,
on which place this was discussed? Lately it seems it is not enough to follow the forum to be aware of this changes.

i think it would much better to make first mockups and ask for feedback and not change something you think it is good.

as a daily user of the wallet, this helps me 0 and makes my life not 1 once easier in the wallet. I think it has the opposite effect.
this is not a step forward!

at the moment i have no solution, but it is not better then before and in fact, makes my daily trading not easier.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/explorer/markets

We can't expect new users to know the difference between various type of assets, it looks incredibly confusing. They should be grouped separately with a clear description of what each group of assets represents and then described individually within that grouping too imo.

This page is currently sub-divided into currency groups BTS, BTC, USD, CNY, Others

I would group them as...

Smartcoins         Decentralized price stable currencies collateralized by BTS
MetaExchange   (Description of MetaExchange assets)
OpenLedger       (Desrcription of open ledger assets)
BlockTrades       (Description)
Etc.

Next to each individual entry, I would also add a description similar to that found on cryptofresh http://cryptofresh.com/assets & they should be listed by Market Cap/Volume. (ie. most popular first, paretto principle)

You could also have sub-headings for UIA's and PMA's on this page again with a description.

Other

People buying SmartCoins are interested in what % above/below the peg they're buying or selling.

So a line above showing  0.98  0.98 0.99 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 would let people easily calculate their orders and track them.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:51:39 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
Any ETA on when we can try out the trollbox?

Offline svk

@svk:  I've been meaning to comment on the last release and offer additional feedback, just been so busy lately.  But great job with the latest changes to the horizontal order book layout.   Also, the expand and contract buttons on the chart are very helpful.  And the chart timeframes make more sense now (e.g. there was no need for 5s).  Although if it's a relatively easy matter to add them, I would go ahead and add 1m, 2h, 6h, 12h and 1w.  If it's time consuming to add each one, I would add 1m immediately and hold off on the others for now. 

Also with respect to the chart, something has changed where the volume bars now obscure view of the candlesticks.  It was definitely much better before.  And final point about the chart...we once had a crosshair, and now it is just a vertical line.  Can you make it a cross hair again, and have the price of the vertical line's position show on the vertical axis as the crosshair moves?  That would mimic standard behavior. 

By the way, while the horizontal layout is much improved now, the vertical layout has taken a step backwards with the ticker (price history) now pushed further down.  For the very same reasons the price history has been moved immediately below the chart in the horizontal layout, the same should be true on the vertical layout. 

Also, when you click on the order book, it is adding the cumulative available orders and putting a value into the order box, but it's not calculating properly.  Can you take a look at that?

Beyond that, we really need to start working toward having some basic position management.  I mentioned in a previous post that the Open Orders box could be modified to include a Current Positions view.  So the box could have 2 tabs for the user to choose between.  The tab headers could include the number of items in the list like below.  Also, Open Positions could show the P/L (% gain or loss) for each position.  And each position could be hyperlinked so the user can click to load that market into the current view in order to assess the situation and/or close out or add to their position.

|  Open Orders (1)    |   Current Positions (5)  |

Finally, there is still some strange behavior with the Find Markets tab.  For example, if I enter "OPEN.EUR", it returns the OPEN.EUR pairs with BTS, BTC, USD, CNY...but not EUR.  Do you know why that is?

I put the volume bars and the candlesticks on the same y-axis, it gives more space to each one so I prefer it that way at least. In the process the axis indexes changed which is why the crosshair disappeared, I hadn't even noticed but I'll put them back in.

The chart timeframes are defined in the backend, but I decided to filter out anything below 5 minutes because with the low volume we have it just doesn't show anything useful atm. If you really think 1m is useful I can set the cutoff there.

Clicking on the orderbook appears correct to me, I tried to be very careful when I refactored it and checking now I can't find anything wrong. It uses the Total and the Price for that order to calculate the corresponding Amount. That's how it works on Polo as well as far as I can tell. If you think it should work differently, can you give me an example please?

Position management like you say sounds nice, but not sure it's feasible with our current system. A margin position doesn't have any other information attached to it besides the collateral and debt. Whether you've gone short with it or not I don't know, so I don't see how I can define a gain/loss there.

Find markets looks for markets with 4 default quotes, the ones you mentioned. It's simply a case of having to limit the search results in order to not overload the witness node with searches, so I picked the 4 most important assets as I see it..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Pheonike

I think you should move the horizontal/vertical selector into the bar next to the chart options button. This would make it cleaner and keep it in a consistent spot in the UI.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:10:52 pm by Pheonike »

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
@svk:  I've been meaning to comment on the last release and offer additional feedback, just been so busy lately.  But great job with the latest changes to the horizontal order book layout.   Also, the expand and contract buttons on the chart are very helpful.  And the chart timeframes make more sense now (e.g. there was no need for 5s).  Although if it's a relatively easy matter to add them, I would go ahead and add 1m, 2h, 6h, 12h and 1w.  If it's time consuming to add each one, I would add 1m immediately and hold off on the others for now. 

Also with respect to the chart, something has changed where the volume bars now obscure view of the candlesticks.  It was definitely much better before.  And final point about the chart...we once had a crosshair, and now it is just a vertical line.  Can you make it a cross hair again, and have the price of the vertical line's position show on the vertical axis as the crosshair moves?  That would mimic standard behavior. 

By the way, while the horizontal layout is much improved now, the vertical layout has taken a step backwards with the ticker (price history) now pushed further down.  For the very same reasons the price history has been moved immediately below the chart in the horizontal layout, the same should be true on the vertical layout. 

Also, when you click on the order book, it is adding the cumulative available orders and putting a value into the order box, but it's not calculating properly.  Can you take a look at that?

Beyond that, we really need to start working toward having some basic position management.  I mentioned in a previous post that the Open Orders box could be modified to include a Current Positions view.  So the box could have 2 tabs for the user to choose between.  The tab headers could include the number of items in the list like below.  Also, Open Positions could show the P/L (% gain or loss) for each position.  And each position could be hyperlinked so the user can click to load that market into the current view in order to assess the situation and/or close out or add to their position.

|  Open Orders (1)    |   Current Positions (5)  |

Finally, there is still some strange behavior with the Find Markets tab.  For example, if I enter "OPEN.EUR", it returns the OPEN.EUR pairs with BTS, BTC, USD, CNY...but not EUR.  Do you know why that is? 

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
but what are really funny - my client is now also out of sync, so maybe not a local problem on your side!

I found it strange because I've never seen it out of sync. It ended up syncing after a few minutes though. Don't know what happened.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
but what are really funny - my client is now also out of sync, so maybe not a local problem on your side!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
latest version saying it's synchronized when it isnt

in the past it helped to check the clocktime of your computer and close all browser windows and start fresh (or are you using the lightclient?)

Lightclient. I had no problems syncing, I just had to wait. It's just that someone who isn't used to BitShares might find it confusing.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

in the past it helped to check the clocktime of your computer and close all browser windows and start fresh (or are you using the lightclient?)

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Gui is pretty nice now that i finally got around to importing my wallet. How does the light client work? just as a relay node? Perhaps on the release page take out the word light if its the only wallst we give. The witnesses im sure know to use cli. Overall pretty good, I prefer to hook into a well known trading api for the dex stuff rather than doing it on our own.. thats the only major inprovement i can see.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
what's really annoying is the rounding error when i buy or sell. Sometimes you click on the row you want to buy or sell and send the
order, but they are not matching, because of rounding errors on the 0.000001 part. this should be fixed. maybe round up or down, that the order
matches. i think no one cares if i round up .000005 or so satoshi, but anyone cares, if he hast to chancel more then 1 time the order.
costs time and the rounding error would be less expensive then the cancel fee.