Author Topic: Repost: Announcing AGS & BitShares Allocation  (Read 67151 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Is it I3's primary goal to have other developers building upon I3 code base? Or will PTS/AGS (both having the same potential here?) primarily be honored because of the attention the new DAC would get from honoring PTS?   

Our goal is to have many DACs built on our code.

....by other developers than you?

Offline bytemaster

Is it I3's primary goal to have other developers building upon I3 code base? Or will PTS/AGS (both having the same potential here?) primarily be honored because of the attention the new DAC would get from honoring PTS?   

Our goal is to have many DACs built on our code.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

What it the "toolkit, infrastructure and ecosystem" you are talking about that other DAC devs would profit from? Is is "just" (can be a lot) the attention of PTS/AGS holders? OR is it that other DAC devs would build upon I3 codebase which PTS holders helped to finance?

This was an interesting clarification bu my original question was comparing AGS to PTS in their potential to be honored by DAC devs other than I3. I was asking about the difference of PTS and AGS in that respect...

3rd parties built on our code would be subject to the SCSL license which would require them to honor PTS and AGS.
3rd parties built on Bitcoin would be free to do anything.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What it the "toolkit, infrastructure and ecosystem" you are talking about that other DAC devs would profit from? Is is "just" (can be a lot) the attention of PTS/AGS holders? OR is it that other DAC devs would build upon I3 codebase which PTS holders helped to finance?

This was an interesting clarification bu my original question was comparing AGS to PTS in their potential to be honored by DAC devs other than I3. I was asking about the difference of PTS and AGS in that respect...

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
It was said that Angel Shares are less likely to honored by other (than I3) DAC developers than PTS. Why?

Misconception. AGS was originally viewed as Invictus-specific.  We are only the caretakers, the management agents by which members of the community can crowd-fund common infrastructure and the ecosystem on which other DACs can quickly build. 100% of the funds raised are recycled back into the community to fund development and promotion by the community.   Once the toolkit, infrastructure and ecosystem are built it belongs to the stakeholder community, not Invictus.

So now, as a DAC developer do you want to build on top of that ecosystem without honoring those that sacrificed to build it?  How do you think those PTS and AGS holders collectively would view a new DAC that dissed their contributions?  Who else will understand and appreciate your new DAC if you alienate them?

Would you rather build your own ecosystem and come up with the money to do that all over again independently?  Why?  To save 20% that would otherwise be given away in mining lotteries in an attempt to attract attention from somehow knowledgable non-stakeholders?

These are question every developer must ask.  What do you think the wisest will choose?   :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It was said that Angel Shares are less likely to honored by other (than I3) DAC developers than PTS. Why?

Offline bytemaster

We took all donations for Founder IDs and are going to allocate them as if they were Angel donations.

Offline bytemaster

Merry Christmas Keyhotee Founders!!
The first 10,000 AngelShares are set-aside proportionally for Keyhotee Founders.  Invictus Innovations shareholders are not eligible.  Donations to Keyhotee after Dec 24, 2013 at Midnight GMT don't count.

there will be 10,000 new AngelShares up for grabs in a new patron competition every day for 200 days.
5000 of them will be available to ProtoShare holders.
5000 of them will be available to Bitcoin holders. 
That's ultimately 2,000,000 total shares, just like ProtoShares.

This was never answered in the other thread.
10,000 + (10,000 * 200) != 2,000,000

One of the above numbers is wrong. Either there's 2,010,000 angelshares, or there will only be 199 days.

(5,000 AGS/PTS + 5,000 AGS/BTC) * 200 days = 2,000,000 AGS total

No, read the quote.

The first 10,000 AngelShares are set-aside proportionally for Keyhotee Founders.  Invictus Innovations shareholders are not eligible.  Donations to Keyhotee after Dec 24, 2013 at Midnight GMT don't count.

bytemaster, please clarify

My understanding is,

'The first day' is everything before Dec 24, 2013.
'The second day' is everything from Dec 25, 2013 to Jan 1, 2014.
'The third day' is Jan 2, 2014.
'The fourth day' is Jan 3, 2014.

'The two-hundredth day' Jul 19, 2014.

Am I correct? Please advise.

I had not calculated it out through July 19, but you have the first 4 days right.

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile

there will be 10,000 new AngelShares up for grabs in a new patron competition every day for 200 days.

One of the above numbers is wrong. Either there's 2,010,000 angelshares, or there will only be 199 days.

No, read the quote.

My understanding is,

'The first day' is everything before Dec 24, 2013.
'The second day' is everything from Dec 25, 2013 to Jan 1, 2014.
'The third day' is Jan 2, 2014.
'The fourth day' is Jan 3, 2014.

'The two-hundredth day' Jul 19, 2014.

Am I correct? Please advise.
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline bytemaster

Interesting. 

Similarly Mastercoin has an exodus address which is hardcoded in the MSC client; if BTS client hardcodes the PTS angel address, what will happen to the BTC donations?

The addresses are not hardcoded into BitShares, but the public keys of funds that sent to those address (whether PTS or BTC) are hard coded.

PTS and BTC donations will be used by Invictus to fund development and tracked in a public ledger.

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
Interesting. 

Similarly Mastercoin has an exodus address which is hardcoded in the MSC client; if BTS client hardcodes the PTS angel address, what will happen to the BTC donations?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

No, read the quote.

10,000 set aside for keyhotee founders, but also separately 10,000 per day for 200 days (the first day being the "extended day").
This is not 2,000,000 total

edit: BM answered this, turns out keyhotee founders counted as day 1, xmas - jan 1 as day 2, then the rest are 3-200
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:33:32 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

No, read the quote.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Yeah, we counted the first day as everything prior to Christmas, the second day as Christmas to Jan 1, and one day intervals after that.

wait what? I dont see any payments before xmas...

In our announcement we said we would allocate Keyhotee founders one day's worth (excluding Invictus Shareholders) based upon their contribution to their Keyhotee ID.

How will we get credit for angelshares from our founders ID donations? will it be based on our private keys like normal angelshares donations?

It will be based upon Genesis block and the new public key which you will register to your name.

Ok, thank you!
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28