Author Topic: What does the word KEYHOTEE mean?  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
That said I did grow up here and so Speak and sound American and think your reverse bias is far worse because it is intentional.
Yes, I sounded a little harsh there, sorry. As I meant by "lump-sum", it shouldn't sound like I'm having prejudices against every american because of their governments attitude.

We picked a Spanish character as inspiration and pronounce it how we understand it.  Very cross culture.
As mentioned in some other thread, the name takes getting used to. And in the end nothing matters less than a name if the product is good.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:29:59 pm by Gekko »

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Common it's just a word and people will find a way to pronounce it no matter were they live.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline bytemaster

We picked a word that never existed before so it is what it is.  It has inspiration from don q but is not supposed to literally be don q. 

If you know me I am the least America first guy you can meet. I do not recognize any gov or territory as superior.

That said I did grow up here and so Speak and sound American and think your reverse bias is far worse because it is intentional.

We picked a Spanish character as inspiration and pronounce it how we understand it.  Very cross culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
"Keyhotee" sounds super duper americanized.
It's an american product invented by americans. And we all know how proud americans are of their country and how most of them think america is superior to the rest of the world. So it's quite normal for americans with their horizon often limited to the borders of the US to "require" the rest of the world to adopt their pronounciation.
Sorry for being a bit "lump-sum". :)

For me "Quixote" is pronounced more like "keyshot". But I'm not from god's own country, so... ;)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Even anglicizing my words, I still pronounce "Quixote" like "keyhotay". "Keyhotee" sounds super duper americanized. "Keyhotee" looks nicer when spelled though, and since keyhotee is it's own new thing anyway so it shouldn't matter.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I understand most products literally like bitshares, protoshares, DAC, but not keyhotee. I google the word. It seems it's not an English word. I'm curious why keyhotee is called keyhotee. The name brings some difficulties to talk keyhotee with someone who has never heard about it.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1135.msg14536;topicseen#msg14536

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:52:04 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
Nevertheless it sounds like 'coyote' :)
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline ksi

• View Profile
I got it.
Interesting name.
PTS: PiHnXwebXJeCMKXcGynNQHWDV6L8pE7mTS

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ksi

• View Profile
I understand most products literally like bitshares, protoshares, DAC, but not keyhotee. I google the word. It seems it's not an English word. I'm curious why keyhotee is called keyhotee. The name brings some difficulties to talk keyhotee with someone who has never heard about it.
PTS: PiHnXwebXJeCMKXcGynNQHWDV6L8pE7mTS