Author Topic: Why there is no bitshares on cryptsy, and what we can do about it?  (Read 2059 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Hope cryptsy goes south sooner rather than later.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for your post and for thinking of a way to help BitShares. Unfortunately, this idea turns out not to be something we can use. A couple of years ago, every coin wanted to be on Cryptsy and Big Vern was speaking at conferences, etc. Now, as others have said, most of us are thankful not to be on there. They are not honest and the BitShares community's experience with Cryptsy has not been good. A week ago, Coin Fire reported that Cryptsy is involved in a federal investigation. Now Coin Fire is not a fully credible source and Big Vern has denied any investigation. But I'll just say that if it turns out Cryptsy IS involved in something shady, very few people around here will be surprised.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Cryptsy failed to honor the PTS snapshot and lost the support of many in the community.

still, there's only value to be gained by working with them to incorporate BTS 2.0. the more liquidity channels we have, the better.

No, there isnt value in having some people buy BTS on a scam exchange and then have it get stolen from them by the exchange and dumped elsewhere. 

^This.  Even before Cryptsy failed to honor the PTS snapshot it was a poorly run exchange.  I'm honestly surprised it's still alive.  At least a year ago people were telling me about pretty significant issues with people withdrawing more than their account balance from them.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Cryptsy failed to honor the PTS snapshot and lost the support of many in the community.

^THIS

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

still, there's only value to be gained by working with them to incorporate BTS 2.0. the more liquidity channels we have, the better.

No, there isnt value in having some people buy BTS on a scam exchange and then have it get stolen from them by the exchange and dumped elsewhere. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

BTS doesn't need to be super liquid and traded on as many exchanges as possible ... bitUSD instead does ..

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
What we can do about it?

Nothing because cryptsy is a scam.

If they had BTS they would probably not migrate to 2.0 anyway and would steal everyone's BTS and dump them somewhere else.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline noisy

To be honest, I was very surprised when I discover on coinmarketcap, that cryptsy do not hase bts/btc exchange. In my opinion this is well known exchange, and it would be good to have a possibility of buying BTS there.

I have also found this: https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/PTS. I think, having PTS on cryptsy and not BTS can be really confusing for new users. What we can do about it?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:05:00 pm by noisy »
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv