Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260933 times)

Offline theoretical

It would be nice to have a separate subforum for project updates, a separate thread in said subforum for each update, and a locked sticky containing current information ONLY.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Can you update the OP with status updates rather than just adding to the 500+ comments? Or just start a new thread, pin it and un-pin the old ones. The message gets convoluted in-between the on and off-topic replies.

As a matter of fact, you shouldn't even allow us to reply to your updates. Just let everyone start their own thread with their concerns or questions.

+1
At least update the original/first post, so everyone doesn't have to dig through all this every week to find out what is going on.
Come on, put some effort into making this easier on supporters.

Really? Entitled much?

We get daily progress updates from the lead dev on the project. Let's be thankful for the wealth of information we already get and not complain about the updates' formatting...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Asking for organization of updates so investors and newbies can easily see what's happening is asking too much?  How dare I?

Can you update the OP with status updates rather than just adding to the 500+ comments? Or just start a new thread, pin it and un-pin the old ones. The message gets convoluted in-between the on and off-topic replies.

As a matter of fact, you shouldn't even allow us to reply to your updates. Just let everyone start their own thread with their concerns or questions.

+1
At least update the original/first post, so everyone doesn't have to dig through all this every week to find out what is going on.

Really? Entitled much?

We get daily progress updates from the lead dev on the project. Let's be thankful for the wealth of information we already get and not complain about the updates' formatting...

Agree. Being able to comment on each and give feedback is valueable. And the first post would get looooooooong..

Would it get 500 posts looooooooooong?

I think this back and forth proves one of my points. Convoluted. Now everyone else has to sift through these last few posts hoping bytemaster didn't leave an Easter egg within. It's more professional to be upfront and visible with the updates that usually contain vital investor information. I found out that BTS-XT is delayed and may be released following the release of ME and DNS in another boards thread. I come here and there is now official update. Is this even true? That is pretty vital information that should be upfront for all to see in an "Update Thread". Originally 2015 was the targeted release, then mid to late March 2014, now we would be lucky to have it by end of June. Are these just W.A.G's?  Is that where we are?
All I'm saying is, an official update is in order if the plan has been altered or changed.

Offline GaltReport

So I now have unit tests mining everything, charging fees, and validating.   I need to check in with our developers that are implementing the P2P code to make sure that is on track. 

Items left to do prior to making XTS liquid:

1) Integrate P2P code
2) Update RPC interface to match bitcoin's as closely as possible while abstracting it so that BitShares DNS / ME / Lotto can simply add a few new methods.
3) Update CLI interface to be extensible so that BitShares DNS / ME / Lotto can use it as well and just add a few new commands
4) Implement a large-scale simulation with 1000 wallets, with random initial balances, each making random transactions to other wallets with simulated mining
      - goals: evaluate CPU usage
      - validate that the blockchain can run for over a year without 'stalling' for lack of available coindays
      - validate that unspent coins are charged proper fee (5%) after 1 year.
5) Integrate P2P code with large-scale simulation and real mining.
      - validate network latency doesn't impact simulated behavior
      - catch network bugs
      - verify performance

Much work to do.. but steady progress is being made.
+5%
So what's the next, XT or Me?

If you read recent posts, it sounds like Me may come first, since it provides a way to test one or two of the dimensions that will be offered in the more complex XT. But let's just let them do their job and not ask for daily updates. They need to focus their time and efforts creating this. The lower maintenance we are in the next few weeks, the more progress we will see from the developers.

As a developer for, well, longer than I want to admit, I concur that interruptions are the killer of progress. It's amazing that these guys update everyone as often as I see in the short time I've been lurking here.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

+1

Really? Entitled much?

Agree. Being able to comment on each and give feedback is valueable. And the first post would get looooooooong..

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

+1

Really? Entitled much?

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline gnarl

• View Profile

+1

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hm .. maybe I missed that but don't you necessarily need to launch keyhotee before bts-x as you wanted to distribute some btsx to the keyhotee founders?

They just need to finish founder registration
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hm .. maybe I missed that but don't you necessarily need to launch keyhotee before bts-x as you wanted to distribute some btsx to the keyhotee founders?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
So I now have unit tests mining everything, charging fees, and validating.   I need to check in with our developers that are implementing the P2P code to make sure that is on track. 

1) Integrate P2P code
2) Update RPC interface to match bitcoin's as closely as possible while abstracting it so that BitShares DNS / ME / Lotto can simply add a few new methods.
3) Update CLI interface to be extensible so that BitShares DNS / ME / Lotto can use it as well and just add a few new commands
4) Implement a large-scale simulation with 1000 wallets, with random initial balances, each making random transactions to other wallets with simulated mining
      - validate that the blockchain can run for over a year without 'stalling' for lack of available coindays
      - catch network bugs
      - verify performance

+5%

If you read recent posts, it sounds like Me may come first, since it provides a way to test one or two of the dimensions that will be offered in the more complex XT. But let's just let them do their job and not ask for daily updates. They need to focus their time and efforts creating this. The lower maintenance we are in the next few weeks, the more progress we will see from the developers.

clout

Or you could change your setting to view last post first

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile

+5%

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
 :o thats helluva coding job  +5%

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

1) Integrate P2P code
      - catch network bugs
      - verify performance

+5%

Offline phoenix

• View Profile

1) Integrate P2P code
      - catch network bugs
      - verify performance

+5%
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28