Author Topic: BitShares 0.9.3c GUI Export  (Read 1583 times)

Offline JoeyD

Thank you for the confirmation, we will have a new build with that issue fixed soon.

Just wanted to mention that I ran into the same issue (no graphene style json through the gui) after doing a git pull and recompiling on linux.  While typing this a got a notification of the above quote, I'm glad a fix is on the way.  The manual command via the advanced tab console worked for me.

Offline bytemaster

Thank you for the confirmation, we will have a new build with that issue fixed soon.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

jakub

I can confirm that in 0.9.3c on Windows if you use the main menu (File -> Export Wallet) you end up with a file which begins like this:

Code: [Select]
[
{
  "type": "master_key_record_type",
  "data": {
    "index": -1,
    "encrypted_key": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
    "checksum": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  }
},
{
  "type": "property_record_type",
  "data": {
    "index": 1,
    "key": "next_record_number",
    "value": 989
  }
},

Whereas if you do it using the console command wallet_export_keys and supply a file name together with a full path, you get the correct file.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:35:00 pm by jakub »

Offline bytemaster

I have just double-checked that the BitShares 0.9.3c client for Mac OS X can export Graphene Compatible Wallets via the File->Export Wallet menu item. 

You can identify that it has exported a Graphene Compatible wallet .json file if the first few lines in the wallet look like this:

Code: [Select]
{
  "password_checksum": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
  "account_keys": [{
      "account_name": "",
      "encrypted_private_keys": [

I have heard reports that the Windows GUI wasn't doing this properly.  Can someone verify that for me?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.