Author Topic: Support Forum Tipping  (Read 14292 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I am awarding 1 PTS to myself for this thread:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1902.0

Feedback time! Is this a good amount? I see 2 or 3 of this difficulty of support question per day (something a techie could find on google). Awarding 1 PTS will allow us to save up and award more for more difficult problems.

edit: Perhaps I should wait until the end of each day to award tips, to match the tip amount to the support volume.
edit 2: ok, ignore this post. I will issue payouts at the end of the day once we get more stuff figured out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:59:35 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I will be pleased to share my experience with anyone from China and isn't able to understand English very well. PM me if needed.
有说中文的朋友,如果有问题可以PM我,我会很乐意解答
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:33:04 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline ralphte

• View Profile
This sounds good. A very interesting way to support a timely support forum.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
For those that need help, Pm me or just post, i'll be sure to respond. If you wish to speak directly add me on skype "barwizi". I am always online, either mobile or at my desk.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

The support staff has a daily allowance of 10 PTS to award to anyone who provides help in this subforum.

I will use this thread to record payments as well as receive feedback about tipping. At the moment there are no concrete rules or procedures, I will simply award tips at my discretion. You can track our spending by monitoring this address:

https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PhELPjyeugKnTEsMwBpnFQ6E8nZUR9CxzQ

For simplicity, please include your PTS address in your signature so that toast knows who to tip for your post.
Toast should maintain a public ledger with links to every post he tips and the amount of the tip.
Toast is also allowed to tip himself so long as it is reasonable. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The support staff has a daily allowance of 10 PTS to award to anyone who provides help in this subforum.

I will use this thread to record payments as well as receive feedback about tipping. At the moment there are no concrete rules or procedures, I will simply award tips at my discretion. You can track our spending by monitoring this address:

https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PhELPjyeugKnTEsMwBpnFQ6E8nZUR9CxzQ

---
edit: 1/2/2014
I don't think keeping track of individual threads is a scalable solution. The first problem is that multiple people could help per thread, and suggested solutions are often as valuable as the one that ends up getting it right. The second problem is that for some threads it is not clear if the problem is still unresolved or if the OP just hasn't responded.

For now, I will just use my best judgement. I welcome feedback. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you think I missed a significant instance of someone being helpful.
---
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:56:51 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.