Author Topic: No block available.. have read several threads now... this can't be a +EV omen  (Read 3680 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline prophetx

• View Profile
I just set up a new seed node, try typing:

Code: [Select]
addnode 162.243.197.231 add
In the debug console.

hope this works... i am surprised 2 months in i am having trouble getting nodes

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Okay thanks.  I inputted the addnodes that were listed in the other thread, but to no avail.

Could you please tell me exactly how to input addnodes that will work?

which addnodes were those?

you obv didnt look too hard, not my fault that the stickied post is shit
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I just set up a new seed node, try typing:

Code: [Select]
addnode 162.243.197.231 add
In the debug console.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline YO!!!!what is this

• View Profile
Okay thanks.  I inputted the addnodes that were listed in the other thread, but to no avail.

Could you please tell me exactly how to input addnodes that will work?

Offline zvs

• View Profile
If it's saying no block source is available, then you aren't connected to any peers

which means you aren't using addnode properly, or aren't using addnode on the correct nodes

i am at 337/900 connections right now
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline bytemaster

I bought shares on cryptsy and downloaded the wallet, even followed the instructions for adding nodes... and still nothing many hours later, "no block source available".

Someone please offer precise instructions for getting my wallet set up.  Love the idea, have already invested, would like to see this actually be something real.

Usually if you give it time it will connect, if you quit and restart it often then it may cause problems.   I have started a bounty to improve the user experience for those downloading the PTS wallet and getting connected.  Once you are connected the first time it will work after that.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1715.0
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline YO!!!!what is this

• View Profile
I bought shares on cryptsy and downloaded the wallet, even followed the instructions for adding nodes... and still nothing many hours later, "no block source available".

Someone please offer precise instructions for getting my wallet set up.  Love the idea, have already invested, would like to see this actually be something real.