Author Topic: [Presently flimsy if hopeful] overview of the crypto-equity phenomenon  (Read 1997 times)

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
(Lo, I canna sleep, and . . .)

???

Thanks--I'll want to research these changes, as I've no idea what you're talking about. Looks like developments move too fast for even a moderately well-read follower to keep up :)

Meanwhile, I'll update my page with a note that it needs to be updated for current changes.
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline oco101

• View Profile
"In January 2014, programmers contrived algorithms which enable BitShares mining on graphics cards (GPUs). This has allowed substantial mining speed increases. One remarkable thing about BitShares is that where previous cryptocurrency algorithms (SHA-256 and Scrypt-based) could be “mined” up to a trillion times faster with GPUs and ASICs (large arrays of custom-programmed chips), BitShares' Momentum Proof Of Work (MPOW) algorithm has proved very resistant to such exploits. So far, even the highest-end GPUs have only achieved, at most, about an eighteen-fold speed increase against MPOW."

Hmm you are talking about protoshare right ? Or maybe you wanted to use the "Bitshares" instead of protoshare just not to confuse people ?? 
Like Bytemaster said MPOW will no longer be used in Bitshare, now 3I will be implementing the whole thing with a even more elegant solution eliminating completely the process of mining. With  Consensus + Proof of Stake algorithm , there is no more mining and this is radical new approach that has many benefits.
Just this part could change how the cryptoworld will work in the future.
Good work !!! Regardless of the success of Bitshares there are so many completely new revolutionary ideas, that your ebook it worth writing it no matter what !!

Offline bytemaster

Very interesting read!   I would suggest that it is a bit behind the times as we have moved beyond proof of work and thus made BitShares 2x more profitable in the process while accelerating transaction times and increasing decentralization.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
Here's my first swipe at what I hope will evolve into an eBook about crypto-equity, and or what I might term the Blockchain Revolution:

http://earthbound.io/wiki/doku.php?id=bitshares

I welcome feedback and/or added resources/references, hither or yon.
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey