Author Topic: Reducing Bitshares Supply : A different approach  (Read 11216 times)

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
The shapeshift like system is ready for Bitshares  and works directly from the wallet.
Nxt is currently live too.
We don't intend to retain ownership of the product, so in case there is sufficient interest in a crowdfund - am happy to put the project live and burn/issue dividends from the project.

Regards

so this is between and within both bts and nxt? so i can trade bts assets for nxt ones and vice versa?  awesome :)

Theoretically, yes.
We've had the system ready since early December but .. noone really cared.
I am more focused on gamebet.gg as of now. The MVP went live and we should ideally be taking bets by the end of the month.
I am open to synergies / complete acquisition of the product by the community etc but right now my focus is our core gaming projects.
I reached out to CCEDK and a few other individuals who could indeed take over the 3 tier exchange suite we have ready but so far talks have not gone anywhere.

Offline fuzzy

The shapeshift like system is ready for Bitshares  and works directly from the wallet.
We don't intend to retain ownership of the product, so in case there is sufficient interest in a crowdfund - am happy to put the project live and burn/issue dividends from the project.

Regards

so this is between and within both bts and nxt? so i can trade bts assets for nxt ones and vice versa?  awesome :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Regards

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
We are in the works of porting things to Bitshares and (hopefully) setting up a shapeshift like system for the Bitshares community over the weekend.
Will post updates as we make progress.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Would like to know what you decided after you meet everyone with similar projects.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hey guys,

As keen as we are in collaboration and joint effort, given the current scenario it looks increasingly difficult.
We'd reached out to CCEDK, but Ronny has been busy and openledger.info's API is not yet available.
We spoke to Monsterer from Meta-Exchange who suggested we set up nodes and link it to meta exchange.
I'll be talking to another private party that is interested in the exchange business later today.

In case you guys want to share possible routes we could take to create stronger synergies, please post them here and I'll be happy to talk with the respective exchange managers to see if we can make it happen.

Given the fact that worker proposals arent active and putting them into action will take atleast a month, I think a UIA / crowdfunder route will be a lot more effective solution.
I am open to suggestions on this front too.

I'll be online for the next 4-8 hours.
Please ping me if you are interested in suggesting changes to our approach.

Regards

Can anyone confirm/deny that worker proposals are not active? I heard this from somewhere...just dont remember where atm.  Id love to be 100% certain.

Yes, we have been pretty confused about this too.
I would love to hear from someone knowledgeable on this.

Offline fuzzy

Hey guys,

As keen as we are in collaboration and joint effort, given the current scenario it looks increasingly difficult.
We'd reached out to CCEDK, but Ronny has been busy and openledger.info's API is not yet available.
We spoke to Monsterer from Meta-Exchange who suggested we set up nodes and link it to meta exchange.
I'll be talking to another private party that is interested in the exchange business later today.

In case you guys want to share possible routes we could take to create stronger synergies, please post them here and I'll be happy to talk with the respective exchange managers to see if we can make it happen.

Given the fact that worker proposals arent active and putting them into action will take atleast a month, I think a UIA / crowdfunder route will be a lot more effective solution.

Regards

Can anyone confirm/deny that worker proposals are not active? I heard this from somewhere...just dont remember where atm.  Id love to be 100% certain. 

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Regards

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I've reached out to a number of exchange owners for a join collaboration and will be chalking things out in the days to come..Appreciate the input folks.

Cool that's what we need. And that doesn't mean you can follow your own path in the future. But you just have better chances working together than separately. Then once things have picked up, we have more volume, etc, everyone can proceed with their own projects
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jamesc

Another poll option? Yes with serious collaboration with community exchanges..

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I've reached out to a number of exchange owners for a join collaboration and will be chalking things out in the days to come..Appreciate the input folks.

Offline fuzzy

I don't think seraphim is blowing anything out of proportion.  Not to mention, he is correct about the centralized exchange.  What do we need another centralized exchange for?  The solution needs to be decentralized.  Actually, I would point out that a worker proposal is not appropriate for ANY exchange (that's what the referral program is for).  Plus we already have an exchange UI built into the wallet (albeit not a very usable one at the moment).  But adding decentralized storage seems completely appropriate for a worker proposal.  And that's the killer app for us.  Imagine people can send their BTC, for example, to OpenLedger and trade it on shared order books without any worry about the safety of their funds?  What are we waiting for?

It would also be actually backed by the tokens sent in AND would have the black swan and goxxing protection that bitshares brings to the table.  I sincerely hope that they all find a way to work together--and this also includes blocktrades (sorry @dannotestein for missing you on that one).  What I'm beginning to see is this huge competitive phase that seems to be bringing many people here to do the same thing...and they are ALL brilliant and capable people.  The issue to me is that we are so early in the game that I think they should all work on a common project, and if they want to branch out later once it is a success and they all have made a mint off of it becoming successful, then they could all part ways and compete with each other if they so choose to...

I sincerely hope you guys consider it and all think about working together.  I mean imagine if all these exchanges combined resources....we would have something so damned amazing it would require the best cryptos in the world combining forces to compete with it.  Considering that the other cryptos will likely be unable rally and create competition with such an epic exchange....I think it would win and maybe even become the go-to exchange over time for ALL of crypto.  Just imagine for one moment if this happened.  We would have something far bigger than Gox or any of the other large exchanges could accomplish. 

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I don't think seraphim is blowing anything out of proportion.  Not to mention, he is correct about the centralized exchange.  What do we need another centralized exchange for?  The solution needs to be decentralized.  Actually, I would point out that a worker proposal is not appropriate for ANY exchange (that's what the referral program is for).  Plus we already have an exchange UI built into the wallet (albeit not a very usable one at the moment).  But adding decentralized storage seems completely appropriate for a worker proposal.  And that's the killer app for us.  Imagine people can send their BTC, for example, to OpenLedger and trade it on shared order books without any worry about the safety of their funds?  What are we waiting for?

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
You really don't need to blow things out of proportion seraphim. All I really said is lets focus on the core topic at hand. We are always up for synergy and collaboration. Apologies if I offended you.

Regards
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:50:53 pm by Freebieservers »

Offline seraphim

Okay, I added the burning to the description, and created a worker proposal thread.
If that can't be paid, I'm in full support of this basic solution. But I used to know this as a community that thinks big, let's get that spirit back!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19351

If you want my honest opinion, I think freebie, yourself, data, ccedk and metaexchange should really consider working together.  How that can be done seems like something you would all be best to work at...but this early in the game it doesn't make sense to me for this much competition. 

To me...thinking big means thinking of all these people wanting to make their own exchange should pool their resources for the good of BitShares.  I mean...why not?

Yep, freebie, seraphim and metaexchsnge seem simiçar projects. Competition is good but with such limited resources its not a good idea to spread them like that. You should at least talk with each other and try to do something in collective, which could even have more potential. I dont know how far everyone is willing to go on working together, but you have more chsnces of pulling that off if you do it together in a single proposal than many proposals. It also seems a mpre solid idea.

I was rather upset when I found this thread yesterday. Fuzzy told me 2 weeks ago that I'd definitely need to talk to freebie about the dx, and while I was still waiting for his (and others') feedback this thread popped up.
The dx project should be a community effort, and everything I wrote was set up for discussion. Now a simple statement in this thread, which was clearly born out of the idea I laid out, that what's suggested as an own project could easily be implemented in the collaborative project is considered a thread highjacking. Should I continue with the misleading board and title of this thread now?

Never mind. By the looks of it the dx project cannot be financed anyway, and if someone thinks yet-another-centralized one will be able to attract a meaningful amount of traders this may be an option.
I've been through exactly that though, and definitely won't go that same path again. Either we do it right and can finance it, or it's in vain from the beginning.
Meet you on STEEM