Author Topic: Howto: CLI Wallet to Web  (Read 2954 times)

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
Bump for answer if importing each asset key from the output of import_balance of the CLI into the GUI would break anything.
FYI output of import looks like this
Code: [Select]
import_balance xxx ["*"] true
2092299ms th_a       wallet.cpp:3193               import_balance       ] balances: [{"id":"1.15.15270","owner":"BTSxxx","balance":{"amount":xxx,"asset_id":"1.3.0"},"last_claim_date":"1970-01-01T00:00:00"}, ....
BTSX: wallet_approve_delegate cryptosig
KEYID: wallet_approve_delegate delegate-cryptosig

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
Ok firstly, on several of my accounts the address for owner, active, and memo are exactly the same address. So I'm not sure if that is proper, but it certainly prevents me from importing an active and owner key. Second the GUI lists all the owner, active, and memo addresses exactly as the CLI has them. However there is still no balance information in the GUI.

*Edit*
Ok I have found a/the problem, I went and executed a get_private_key for a key from the output of my original "import_balance accountname ["*"] true" command, it's a good thing I logged it! After importing the private key to element 0 of the array of the logged output into the "WIF key import" of the GUI I now am showing an unclaimed balance  of bts. Should I attempt to do all the elements in the output array?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:55:09 am by cryptosig »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
@cryptosig: you can only ONCE claim your balances .. once they are claimed they are located in the account you claimed them to ..
since you claimed them already in the cli, all you need to do is import your account keys into the GUI wallet .. either by manually importing the owner and active key .. or by importing the 0.9.3c export

cryptosig, you said you did the owner key, but also you need the active key. Import that one as well if you haven't already
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@cryptosig: you can only ONCE claim your balances .. once they are claimed they are located in the account you claimed them to ..
since you claimed them already in the cli, all you need to do is import your account keys into the GUI wallet .. either by manually importing the owner and active key .. or by importing the 0.9.3c export

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Yes my balances are displaying in the CLI after running list_account_balances xxx, and there has been no balances to claim in the GUI.

I'm sorry, I don't know what would cause that. @xeroc wrote a python script to dump and import private keys. Xeroc, do you know of a reason why this would happen?
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
Yes my balances are displaying in the CLI after running list_account_balances xxx, and there has been no balances to claim in the GUI.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Thanks maqifrnswa this definitely added the accounts to the accounts list but the balances didn't come over with the owner keys.

hmm, they should have come over.

In your cli_wallet, does it show the correct balance (list_account_balances ACCOUNTNAME)? You have to claim the balances first in the cli_wallet:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#claiming-balances

import_balance <my_account_name> ["*"] true
list_account_balances <my_account_name>

You can also check the GUI:
1) Settings -> Wallets
2) wait a few seconds and see if there is anything under "Balance Claims" in the window next to "Active Wallet"  If there is, you may just have to click on it and say you want to claim the balances.

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
Thanks maqifrnswa this definitely added the accounts to the accounts list but the balances didn't come over with the owner keys.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Hello, I had several accounts with substantial activity. I tried to import my v1 using the web wallet but it was stuck at importing for days and never completed the import. I then tried the cli method, which worked. How can I transfer the wallet account from the cli to the web wallet? I have tried restore and import keys with no success.

I just did this recently:
1) in cli_wallet "list_my_accounts" find the "owner" key for the "name" you want. Example:
[{
    "id": "1.2.6004",
    "membership_expiration_date": "1969-12-31T23:59:59",
    "registrar": "1.2.6004",
    "referrer": "1.2.6004",
    "lifetime_referrer": "1.2.6004",
    "network_fee_percentage": 2000,
    "lifetime_referrer_fee_percentage": 8000,
    "referrer_rewards_percentage": 0,
    "name": "maqifrnswa",
    "owner": {
      "weight_threshold": 1,
      "account_auths": [],
      "key_auths": [[
          "BTSKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEY",
        ]
      ],
      "address_auths": []
    },
{{{--SNIP---}}}

2) then in the cli_wallet "get_private_key BTSKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEY"
3) in the GUI go to "Settings" (the gear icon), then click on "Wallets" then click "import keys"
4) in the box, paste or type in the private key for BTSKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEYKEY and hit "done"
5) profit

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
Hello, I had several accounts with substantial activity. I tried to import my v1 using the web wallet but it was stuck at importing for days and never completed the import. I then tried the cli method, which worked. How can I transfer the wallet account from the cli to the web wallet? I have tried restore and import keys with no success.