Author Topic: Is there advantage to holding AGS over PTS  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
PTS can be traded, AGS can't.

But in current rate, exchanging PTS to AGS can get you more shares of future DACs launched by Invictus.

This is the big point.  If you are accumulating PTS or AGS because you want to own a piece of every honoring DAC that comes along, then what difference does liquidity really make?  AGS lets you amplify that stake because they convert at a ratio of better than 1:1 with PTS (so far).

To cash out, you sell the DACling eggs, not the golden goose.

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Both PTS and AGS will be honored by all following DACs, including BTS. However, AGS can not be traded, which means the performance of 3I will  definitely affect the value of AGS. On the other hand, the value of PTS also depends on the performance of 3I, doesn't it?  Be aware that now you can get more AGS by donating same amount of PTS. To this point, I would rather get as many AGS as possible, if I want to hold PTS for long time.

In the short term, the performance of Invictus affects both.  But we are building an ecosystem intended to outlive us.  Owners of PTS and AGS are the heirs of that ecosystem.  They already own it.  Developers will have to please them because it is they (as the majority of all early adopters who know anything about crypto-equities) who have the power to make or break a new DAC.  Launching a new DAC without their support is possible, but why do it the hard way?

In the end, you would have to give away more of your shares to attract some other group of less knowledgable people.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Both PTS and AGS will be honored by all following DACs, including BTS. However, AGS can not be traded, which means the performance of 3I will  definitely affect the value of AGS. On the other hand, the value of PTS also depends on the performance of 3I, doesn't it?  Be aware that now you can get more AGS by donating same amount of PTS. To this point, I would rather get as many AGS as possible, if I want to hold PTS for long time.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
PTS can be traded, AGS can't.

But in current rate, exchanging PTS to AGS can get you more shares of future DACs launched by Invictus.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You can sell your PTS at any time. Holding AGS makes you completely dependent on the success of 3I.
PTS may be honored by other DACs, AGS probably not, because they're used to fund 3I only.

So there's no advantage in holding AGS, and the disadvantages lead to the lower price.

Keep in mind that any DAC that uses code from bitshares will be required to honor AGS by the SCSL.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1708.0
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline seraphim

You can sell your PTS at any time. Holding AGS makes you completely dependent on the success of 3I.
PTS may be honored by other DACs, AGS probably not, because they're used to fund 3I only.

So there's no advantage in holding AGS, and the disadvantages lead to the lower price.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I am just covering my bases and making sure that I havnt missed out on anything.

My understanding is that owning 1 PTS is just as valuable as holding 1 AGS.

And future DACs (such as BitShares) will reward PTS holders and AGS holders in the same manner?

I currently hold a few PTS and have no AGS. Is this okay (besides the currently favorable PTS to AGS exchange rate)?