Author Topic: GUIDE: How to remove unneeded keys from Bitshares 0.9.3 export_keys json  (Read 16355 times)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I have a question.

Is the process different for muse? or would the same resulting wallet be okay to use for muse?

if it should be okay, then I have a bigger problem, because when I attempted to import my pruned wallet into muse, it only say my ags/pts notes, and not the ones I bought from the exchange, and it didn't import any of my names.

If you read the three posts before yours you'll have the answer.

Aww man. Sorry.

Going to go try that now. wish me luck.

edit: looks like it worked. about to test.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:31:02 pm by merockstar »

Offline svk

I have a question.

Is the process different for muse? or would the same resulting wallet be okay to use for muse?

if it should be okay, then I have a bigger problem, because when I attempted to import my pruned wallet into muse, it only say my ags/pts notes, and not the ones I bought from the exchange, and it didn't import any of my names.

If you read the three posts before yours you'll have the answer.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I have a question.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
This worked for me however I am not seeing any of my NOTES in the import.
This guide is for BTS, you can use the procedure with MUSE as well but some things need to be changed.

First you need to use the MUSE genesis.json file. Secondly, there are some BTS specific variables in one of the scripts. Look for GPH and replace it with BTS, and also BTS should be replaced with MUSE.

Thanks! Will give it a try later

Offline svk

This guide is for BTS, you can use the procedure with MUSE as well but some things need to be changed.

First you need to use the MUSE genesis.json file. Secondly, there are some BTS specific variables in one of the scripts. Look for GPH and replace it with BTS, and also BTS should be replaced with MUSE.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Offline jamesc

We are testing the web version .. If it works well I can merge it and it will make its way into the installers:

Web release for importing large wallets (testers needed)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19557.msg251364.html#top

Offline youlonghun

• View Profile
waiting for an easy way,it hard for me in windows。 :'( :'( :'(

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline jamesc

I'm not sure if I wait a simpler solution or I dig into this one.

Anyone knows how much time it could take to have a wallet base simpler solution ?

Anyone could give me an estimation of the time it could takes to me to acheive it with the explanations above ? I've wrote a few lines of html, css and autohotkey but my code knowledge is not very deep. I'm on windows 10 / light client.

Thanks ;)

Today for notes and tomorrow to test it.  So tomorrow or the day after...

Offline Riverhead

This process is very useful thank you.

kept 168 of 25103 keys
kept 61 of 10157 keys

Needless to say the import process worked much better with the reduced number of keys.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
on windows the point is the last step: how to execute the cat command on windows?

type

thanks, I failed under Ubuntu but succeeded under windows.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline EstefanTT

I'm not sure if I wait a simpler solution or I dig into this one.

Anyone knows how much time it could take to have a wallet base simpler solution ?

Anyone could give me an estimation of the time it could takes to me to acheive it with the explanations above ? I've wrote a few lines of html, css and autohotkey but my code knowledge is not very deep. I'm on windows 10 / light client.

Thanks ;)
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
on windows the point is the last step: how to execute the cat command on windows?

type

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.