Author Topic: Cryptofresh Block Explorer + MUSE now available  (Read 132098 times)

Offline roadscape

In the feed, the word 'wants' doesn't tell me the difference between if a trade has just happened or if simply someone has just placed an order, can the text be more specific?.

For instance, I put up a sell order the feed says this:
bitsharesblog wants 39,400 BTS for 2,000 OBITS

A little while later a trade happens, the feed says this:
madawc wants 725 OBITS for 14,280 BTS

If I was just reading the feed, I have no idea whether a trade has just happened or not.

There's a separate (virtual) operation when orders are matched, but it ends up spamming the feed pretty good so they're hidden for now. Going forward I'd like to have filters for which types of items show on the feed, I think that would help clear things up..

Yes, this would be great. What happens when fees are paid in a UIA? Should those be reported separately, or should it report the equivalent BTS fee paid at the time of fee payment?

Using a single token to represent value is a good idea IMO, and it makes sense that token is BTS, the CORE token here. Displaying the value in BTS is the standard all assets are based on, so it levels the playing field and normalizes comparisons.

I am  V E R Y  impressed with your progress roadscape. An extremely informative site that has quickly achieved the utility and appeal of bitsharesblocks by SVC.

One minor thing I noticed is I would like to see all tables sortable by column, like they are in the OL explorer. Also, a color legend so it is clear what the red & blue "section marker" characters represent and a legend for what colors represent on any display for that matter.

Love to hear cass' opinion on this, but as for me I believe color is a very valuable means of differentiating information, and I am rarely reluctant to use it. It takes zero screen real estate (except for perhaps a legend) and is a concise way of displaying lots of info in a small space. However, it does represent a big problem for colorblind individuals, who represent a significant population (7% of men and 0.4% of women worldwide). It is important to keep that in mind in your choice of colors (most colorblinds have some sort of deficiency discriminating red and green) as well as caution about the use of color for critical and safety related presentations (safety in the crypto context might represent risk or potential for loss of funds).

Are you still using Ruby on Rails for this as you did for selling your backgrounds and trinkets on cryptofresh in the 1.0 era?

Thanks Thom! The current colors were a quick hack and I do agree they could be more clear.. and this is a Rails app, yes. Makes sense about the graph, I'll need to do some thinking on how to get that data from the node..

btw -- ping me if i can be of assistance on design ... this not says .. i don't like current one .. but we could polish it a bit ..
( and also some sort of search etc .. would be nice as well)

That would be great cass, I'll keep it in mind, I've already thought about it :) Agree that search would be great..I've been putting off but now that I've had a chance to refactor I may visit it soon

nice job on voting and charts...!

Thanks  8)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
nice job on voting and charts...!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

yes, roadscape is a bad dude. truly. so glad early attacks by some did not stop them from continuing to help bitshares
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
btw -- ping me if i can be of assistance on design ... this not says .. i don't like current one .. but we could polish it a bit ..
( and also some sort of search etc .. would be nice as well)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Thom

Yes, this would be great. What happens when fees are paid in a UIA? Should those be reported separately, or should it report the equivalent BTS fee paid at the time of fee payment?

Using a single token to represent value is a good idea IMO, and it makes sense that token is BTS, the CORE token here. Displaying the value in BTS is the standard all assets are based on, so it levels the playing field and normalizes comparisons.

I am  V E R Y  impressed with your progress roadscape. An extremely informative site that has quickly achieved the utility and appeal of bitsharesblocks by SVC.

One minor thing I noticed is I would like to see all tables sortable by column, like they are in the OL explorer. Also, a color legend so it is clear what the red & blue "section marker" characters represent and a legend for what colors represent on any display for that matter.

Love to hear cass' opinion on this, but as for me I believe color is a very valuable means of differentiating information, and I am rarely reluctant to use it. It takes zero screen real estate (except for perhaps a legend) and is a concise way of displaying lots of info in a small space. However, it does represent a big problem for colorblind individuals, who represent a significant population (7% of men and 0.4% of women worldwide). It is important to keep that in mind in your choice of colors (most colorblinds have some sort of deficiency discriminating red and green) as well as caution about the use of color for critical and safety related presentations (safety in the crypto context might represent risk or potential for loss of funds).

Are you still using Ruby on Rails for this as you did for selling your backgrounds and trinkets on cryptofresh in the 1.0 era?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
In the feed, the word 'wants' doesn't tell me the difference between if a trade has just happened or if simply someone has just placed an order, can the text be more specific?.

If I was just reading the feed, I have no idea whether a trade has just happened or not.

not that bad at all at least from privacy perspective ..  :P

(but site is offline currently ..doesn't it? anyone has same issues?

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Quote from: Shentist on December 08, 2015, 09:58:31 PM
would it be possible to not show everything, maybe in the beginning nothing is clicked !

i want most of the time only few point and it would be great if i can click them. Right now, i have to unclick everything and then
choose what i want.

My concern was that hiding everything might be as confusing as showing everything. What do you think about the above idea of splitting into two charts, would that help?

maybe enough.

Offline roadscape

GORGEOUS - AWESOME - BRAVO!!!!
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Glad you like it ken!

Great!  +5%

Can we also have stats about network profit? (number of transaction * fee * network fee percentage(20%)).

+5%

Great to see these charts...  I agree with @clayop about network profit..

Might be good to separate out operations in a few charts or tables..

I think trades & transfers are the main transactions people want to see..

Account upgrades broken down by annual, lifetime would be nice to see as well as referral revenue...

Separating into two tables is a good idea... an easy way to make the chart less overwhelming. Maybe have two charts: one for trades/transfers, and then one for everything else?

What's the best way to split it?

would it be possible to not show everything, maybe in the beginning nothing is clicked !

i want most of the time only few point and it would be great if i can click them. Right now, i have to unclick everything and then
choose what i want.

My concern was that hiding everything might be as confusing as showing everything. What do you think about the above idea of splitting into two charts, would that help?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

choose what i want.

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
 +5%

Great to see these charts...  I agree with @clayop about network profit..

Might be good to separate out operations in a few charts or tables..

I think trades & transfers are the main transactions people want to see..

Account upgrades broken down by annual, lifetime would be nice to see as well as referral revenue...

BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Great!  +5%

Can we also have stats about network profit? (number of transaction * fee * network fee percentage(20%)).
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
GORGEOUS - AWESOME - BRAVO!!!!
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline roadscape

@Shentist @cass

Added daily transaction (operation) statistics:

You can toggle which operations are displayed by clicking on them in the legend.

Also added rudimentary "scoreboards":

http://cryptofresh.com/charts