Author Topic: Are AGS retroactive?  (Read 2800 times)

Offline bytemaster

I know a few DAC's are in the pipeline, the most significant of which is the BitShares one I presume. Has there been any approximate date of its release and/or any others?

Q2 2014 for BitShares.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

I know a few DAC's are in the pipeline, the most significant of which is the BitShares one I presume. Has there been any approximate date of its release and/or any others?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
2,000,000 PTS will get 10% of future DAC's who honor the social contract.

2,000,000 AGS will get 10% of future DAC's who honor the social contract.

Let me ask a hypothetical to help me understand this better.
If a DAC is released before the 2,000,000 are dispersed, i.e. a DAC is released after 50 days than say only the 500,000 AGS units will be eligible for that particular DAC and will be splitting up the 10% effectively giving them 4x as many units of that DAC as a PTS unit would. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Precisely. 

What gets mapped/scaled into the promised percentage of a new DAC
is the total number of AGS and PTS in existence
at the moment that the DAC's genesis block goes live.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile

2,000,000 PTS will get 10% of future DAC's who honor the social contract.

2,000,000 AGS will get 10% of future DAC's who honor the social contract.

Let me ask a hypothetical to help me understand this better.
If a DAC is released before the 2,000,000 are dispersed, i.e. a DAC is released after 50 days than say only the 500,000 AGS units will be eligible for that particular DAC and will be splitting up the 10% effectively giving them 4x as many units of that DAC as a PTS unit would. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Offline bytemaster

Angelshares give you a piece of future DAC's, but would an AGS that is awarded through donation over the next 200 days be awarded a piece of a DAC that is released before the AGS was awarded.

in other words, if a DAC is released next week are only current Angelshare holders the only one that benefit, or would someone who is awarded an Angelshare on day 200 also benefit from the DAC that was released 6 months earlier?

Nope, not retroactive.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Angelshares give you a piece of future DAC's, but would an AGS that is awarded through donation over the next 200 days be awarded a piece of a DAC that is released before the AGS was awarded.

in other words, if a DAC is released next week are only current Angelshare holders the only one that benefit, or would someone who is awarded an Angelshare on day 200 also benefit from the DAC that was released 6 months earlier?