Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin Worker Proposal Funding (Poll)  (Read 5146 times)

Offline nj-racoon

• View Profile
No core-programer no worker.
You can meke fund from friends.
Such as creating fuzzy.fund。

+5%

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
yes basically  support this ,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I think you should just pick a budget, create a thread explaining how you would spend it and how it would benefit BitShares holders and decide if you would pay it back through burning or not. This pool is not the best one. After you create that thread, simply create a worker proposal and if people really want it, it will get voted in. This seems too ambiguous. For people to have a better understanding on what you need to do you need to be more specific. I will create a worker proposal with the following pay X which will we spend in Y, benefiting holders in the following ways Z, K, W

amen brother, were all planning out the next move and will decide carefully, personally I hadn't seen the perspective that some of the Chinese users brought, that worker proposals like this one run on limited funds and should generally be given to users who want to dedicate development cycles to the core product, that being said we have some other approaches that may be more in line with this concept and adding value to the core system, and will let fuzzy move on his own plans in kind :)

Perhaps consider a crowdfunding token to raise funds from interested community members?  Your team seems to have both technically proficiency and good ideas, so I'm sure you could easily garner meaningful financial support from community members who would like to fund and share directly in your success.

Offline kuro112

I think you should just pick a budget, create a thread explaining how you would spend it and how it would benefit BitShares holders and decide if you would pay it back through burning or not. This pool is not the best one. After you create that thread, simply create a worker proposal and if people really want it, it will get voted in. This seems too ambiguous. For people to have a better understanding on what you need to do you need to be more specific. I will create a worker proposal with the following pay X which will we spend in Y, benefiting holders in the following ways Z, K, W

amen brother, were all planning out the next move and will decide carefully, personally I hadn't seen the perspective that some of the Chinese users brought, that worker proposals like this one run on limited funds and should generally be given to users who want to dedicate development cycles to the core product, that being said we have some other approaches that may be more in line with this concept and adding value to the core system, and will let fuzzy move on his own plans in kind :)
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Agree.
We do need budget for “after-sale" department/services.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline dirnet

• View Profile

Offline testz

Beyond Bitcoin would like to partner with Freebieserver's team and help them expand their community-building efforts far beyond the ...

I don't see consensus here, I think you should post worker proposal which fits Beyond Bitcoin's needs to blockchain and let's shareholders votes. Sometimes forum poll don't reflect shareholders opinion.

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
In addition to developers, I do not want to have other worker
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline hainasiyou

• The fragrant-flowered garlic fortifies yang
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ASS
BTS IS GOOD!   500USD! Proper!!!oyet

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
You can make fund from friends.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:22:48 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline emailtooaj

The current worker system has a small limited budget.  For every use of this limited fund, we need to justify it carefully.

Beyond Bitcoin (BB) has been providing a core communication service between the bts English-speaking community and BM.  Unlike a typical marketer which focuses its effort and time on attracting new users, BB serves mostly on the needs of existing users.  The direct communication with BM brings instant benefits to the users:

1) Get latest status updates
2) Get information on new and upcoming developments
3) Get close contact with the core dev when addressing concerns and problems encountered

In addition, the users benefit from:
4) Recorded meetings to be playback for th busy ones who missed the boat
5) Translated scripts for users whom English are not their first  language and they could not catch part of the conversation

I believe this is a great service and it would be a pity if BB is to close down due to lack of funding.  I believe it would be difficult for BB to switch to a referral kind of system since their focus (by its nature) is on helping existing users and not so much on attracting new users.  To ask BB is to divert its effort and time to attract new users, it would likely end up with a poorer service to the current users.  I do not think we like that to happen. A worker's funding can save BB from this situation.

The new project/venture with tipbot and banter is much harder to quantify the risks and benefits and to justify for it.  If its main benefit is to draw in new users then the BTS2 Referral System is specifically built for this purpose.  Assessing the risks and benefits is a difficult thing for the community to do.  The owner of the project will be a better person to analyse the costs versus potential revenue/profit.  If he/she is confident of making a good profit, he/she would no doubt go ahead with using the referral system and earn $$$ commission from newly acquired users' transactions.  Please consider trying out the new Referral System.  It is designed for entrepreunial businesses like yours.

ps: If we could expand BB to cover for the Chinese-speaking and other non-English groups, many more users would benefit from this service.
Wow! Thank you cube for posting this.  We've been agressivly talking behind the scenes regarding this situation and how best to approach it.  It's been challenging to say the least! 
I'm currently working on a proposal for Beyond Bitcoin and believe we have found a happy medium that the community could support while also giving us the opportunity to upgrade and get BB to the next level.
I'll be publishing it in the very near future.  Thanks for your support!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
The current worker system has a small limited budget.  For every use of this limited fund, we need to justify it carefully.

Beyond Bitcoin (BB) has been providing a core communication service between the bts English-speaking community and BM.  Unlike a typical marketer which focuses its effort and time on attracting new users, BB serves mostly on the needs of existing users.  The direct communication with BM brings instant benefits to the users:

1) Get latest status updates
2) Get information on new and upcoming developments
3) Get close contact with the core dev when addressing concerns and problems encountered

In addition, the users benefit from:
4) Recorded meetings to be playback for th busy ones who missed the boat
5) Translated scripts for users whom English are not their first  language and they could not catch part of the conversation

I believe this is a great service and it would be a pity if BB is to close down due to lack of funding.  I believe it would be difficult for BB to switch to a referral kind of system since their focus (by its nature) is on helping existing users and not so much on attracting new users.  To ask BB is to divert its effort and time to attract new users, it would likely end up with a poorer service to the current users.  I do not think we like that to happen. A worker's funding can save BB from this situation.

The new project/venture with tipbot and banter is much harder to quantify the risks and benefits and to justify for it.  If its main benefit is to draw in new users then the BTS2 Referral System is specifically built for this purpose.  Assessing the risks and benefits is a difficult thing for the community to do.  The owner of the project will be a better person to analyse the costs versus potential revenue/profit.  If he/she is confident of making a good profit, he/she would no doubt go ahead with using the referral system and earn $$$ commission from newly acquired users' transactions.  Please consider trying out the new Referral System.  It is designed for entrepreunial businesses like yours.

ps: If we could expand BB to cover for the Chinese-speaking and other non-English groups, many more users would benefit from this service. 

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:36:11 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline kuro112

we actually attempted to work with them, they were not interested in a meaningful collaboration and wanted us to host some kind of node.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC