Author Topic: Openledger Referral Program UP! Time to make money!  (Read 13585 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'd like to get a definitive answer.

Perhaps my goal is to make BitShares successful and indirectly I benefit. Besides, there's more to a business than just getting some referral income, which according to your numbers (so far at least) doesn't look sustainable as a profitable business, especially if you consider what it would cost to obtain a CNX license before you signed up 42 new users for a 2500 BTS reward.

And that is the secret to the success or failure of Bitshares. Developers have to create as many technical ways for us to make BitShares successful while allowing us to indirectly benefit. The more we can align the two the better the ecosystem will get.

The referral program is just the beginning of course. There is also the Brownie.PTS, the crowd funding opportunities, the potential bond market, the potential prediction market, so we have to basically bootstrap an industry and attract people to the community with mutually benefiting profit opportunities.
If his stats show 42 users / 2500 bts reward figures, then that means none of his referred users upgraded to annual/lifetime accounts, otherwise it would reflect a much higher reward.

currently it's ~10 LT per 1000 sign-ups. this is a numbers game, don't bother looking at my 44 users.

anyways, if BM makes true what he said in today's mumble there's no need to talk about referral program or earning money here anymore. since that will be dead

Offline mint chocolate chip

Perhaps my goal is to make BitShares successful and indirectly I benefit. Besides, there's more to a business than just getting some referral income, which according to your numbers (so far at least) doesn't look sustainable as a profitable business, especially if you consider what it would cost to obtain a CNX license before you signed up 42 new users for a 2500 BTS reward.

And that is the secret to the success or failure of Bitshares. Developers have to create as many technical ways for us to make BitShares successful while allowing us to indirectly benefit. The more we can align the two the better the ecosystem will get.

The referral program is just the beginning of course. There is also the Brownie.PTS, the crowd funding opportunities, the potential bond market, the potential prediction market, so we have to basically bootstrap an industry and attract people to the community with mutually benefiting profit opportunities.
If his stats show 42 users / 2500 bts reward figures, then that means none of his referred users upgraded to annual/lifetime accounts, otherwise it would reflect a much higher reward.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:32:39 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Chinese friends, please translate this thread and help your neighbors to adopt Bitshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

Is the light wallet offered in the same manor as the source for Graphene - available on github and with the same restrictions that "you need a license if you build a business using this"?

@Thom both Graphene and GUI (wallets) are free to use with BitShares blockchain, you don't need a special license for them.
The faucet server software used to power https://bitshares.openledger.info is not open sourced yet, if you considering to use it, please contact Cryptonomex.

Also FYI - we are working on a solution to support referrals in light wallets.

Thx val. BM helped clarify the distinctions related to light wallet and OL in today's mumble session. I think cass' reply confused me in the way he referred to the "graphene toolkit". It is exactly what I thought, the API(s) used to interface to the blockchain AND the wallet, which are built into the witness_node and cli_wallet binaries (and presumably into the javascript code dowloaded for OL wallet).

Regarding the distinction between OL and light wallet, the primary difference is in the mechanism used to instantiate the javascript code into a browser. In the case of OL it is stored on a central server and delivered to your favorite browser in the usual way across the Internet. The portion that represents my personal wallet data, accounts, keys, passwords etc are stored on my local machine in the form of cookies or cached & encrypted files. In the case of the so called "light" wallet the js code for the wallet GUI is bundled as part of the DOM / internal javascript code with the Chromium browser binary.

Given that the "light" wallet is an entire web browser the term "light" seems inappropriate. I fail to see what it is missing that makes it "lighter" than the OL wallet. It has to include the same API interfaces to post transactions and everything else. I can see no other distinction except in how the wallet js code is instantiated into the browser. Since the browser must access the blockchain through the Internet, it doesn't save the network layer. Again, what makes it "lighter" is the crux of mater. Just don't understand the reason for that terminology.

Regarding a "hosted wallet" or a scheme where user's wallet data is stored and protected by encryption on a central server, i.e. the portion that is currently stored as cookies or cache files on my local machine, such a scheme does not currently exist. I would imagine that is something CNX has been thinking about, but as yet has not been implemented or made available. BTW, I think the terminology of "hosted wallet" fits quite well for that scheme.

It may seem nit picky and that I'm too hung up on the "light" wallet label, but as you can see I'm detail oriented and due to the lack of descriptions for the various CNX offerings and the use cases they're intended to address, it can be confusing to understand and make sense of, especially when terms like "hosted wallet" are thrown about without setting the context it refers to something that doesn't yet exist or is not yet in use or deployed.

I appreciate you and BM taking the time to clarify these things.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:14:35 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
tested using my own web node using a browser:

file://filelocation/index.html?r=maqifrnswa

worked in firefox. openledger-reg (faucet) was registrar, i was referrer

hmm,  it might not work anymore 2.0.151105
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Is the light wallet offered in the same manor as the source for Graphene - available on github and with the same restrictions that "you need a license if you build a business using this"?

@Thom both Graphene and GUI (wallets) are free to use with BitShares blockchain, you don't need a special license for them.
The faucet server software used to power https://bitshares.openledger.info is not open sourced yet, if you considering to use it, please contact Cryptonomex.

Also FYI - we are working on a solution to support referrals in light wallets.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
If I buy my lifetime membership at "DACPLAY", am I still able to use that lifetime member username to refer new users via "openledger"?

As far as I know it should. The lifetime membership and the account is registered on the blockchain. When you refer someone your lifetime account will be listed as the lifetime referrer for that account and that information will be stored at the blockchain level.

this. your status will change anyways on the blockchain with the uprgade.

edit: check fav membership status to see how a lifetime member looks like on chain
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:29:18 pm by fav »

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
If I buy my lifetime membership at "DACPLAY", am I still able to use that lifetime member username to refer new users via "openledger"?

As far as I know it should. The lifetime membership and the account is registered on the blockchain. When you refer someone your lifetime account will be listed as the lifetime referrer for that account and that information will be stored at the blockchain level.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline gn1

• View Profile
I'm a BitShares enthusiast in Japan, spreading BitShares daily to the Japanese people through https://genxnotes.com. Help us grow bitJPY together, so that bitUSD/bitJPY market pair will become the most popular market worldwide! Imagine what kind of world it will become when we execute this.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I like your bot btw.
Why is it down? I can use some more bitUSD, even at 2 at a time.

Shouldn't be down... i'll check it out. when the market is this thin I have put on very cautious settings so it isn't manipulated.
it's still in testing mode, thus the small values. I had to hack the wallet to get the API i needed. I pushed the commit to graphene, might take some time to trickle down to everyone else.

I think I'm the only market maker at the moment...
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

CNX gets a % part of the registrars fee allocation. But anyways, better copy paste your text and send it via email to Cryptonomex.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I like your bot btw.
Why is it down? I can use some more bitUSD, even at 2 at a time.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Thom

@Thom to

Q2 (Why that is called a "light" wallet makes no sense to me, but that's not really important.)

It's called light wallet because you don't need the graphene toolkit to run it .. on other words .. you'll also connect to a full node (weight client) ..

I don't understand cass. I thought the "graphene toolkit" is the API built into the full node (i.e. witness_node binary), it's what implements BitShares 2.0. How else would a wallet connect to the BitShares network if not through a full node?

I hear phrases like "hosted wallet" here and there but have never seen an example of one or a discussion or write up where the details of this family of CNX products are explained and differentiated. Your reply begs the question, "exactly what is the graphene toolkit?" From your reply I would think " it is some type of middleware layer distinct from the witness_node and wallet GUI javascript.

What body of code is NOT present in this thing called the "light wallet" BUT IS present in the javascript that is "OpenLedger" ?

Doesn't the "light wallet" connect to a full node just like OpenLedger does?

Your reply confuses me cass.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile