Author Topic: Alpha Keyhotee Bug Reporting in this thread.  (Read 164117 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
0.7.92-win32.exe / 0.7.100-win32.exe  - not starting on win7 /32. No error or the like - just silent.

seems like something is missing  ;)
Looks like you have the correct set of files, with roughly the right size. Could you have some virus protection or firewall software that is blocking operation?
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline CalabiYau

0.7.92-win32.exe / 0.7.100-win32.exe  - not starting on win7 /32. No error or the like - just silent.

seems like something is missing  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:29:24 pm by CalabiYau »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
1) With Keyhotee not running, delete your existing Keyhotee profiles using file explorer. Your profiles are located in the directory:
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Thanks for the pointer.

Yes, Keyhotee is now installed. I created a new profile. But it's not clear how I can apply my old keyhotee ID and foundercode to the new wallet. I tried to Create New Identity, but it did not match my old Public Key and Founderscode.

So now there is a new identity with my old Keyhotee ID and a new founderscode. Results in error, "Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair"
The public key will change, this is expected, that's why we're re-registering. You enter the founder's code, so I'm confused about what you mean by this didn't match...

I created a new profile, then logged into keyhotee.

Then I click CREATE NEW IDENTITY, and enter my existing Founder Code.

Then if I view SHOW DETAILS of my new Identity, it shows my name, my Keyhotee ID, and my public key. My Founder Code shows up in the NOTES section of SHOW DETAILS. Then there is a YELLOW alert box that says "Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair".

So it's a bit perplexing.
Let me know your founder ID, and I can check the log on the server side and see if I see anything about it.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
1) With Keyhotee not running, delete your existing Keyhotee profiles using file explorer. Your profiles are located in the directory:
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Thanks for the pointer.

Yes, Keyhotee is now installed. I created a new profile. But it's not clear how I can apply my old keyhotee ID and foundercode to the new wallet. I tried to Create New Identity, but it did not match my old Public Key and Founderscode.

So now there is a new identity with my old Keyhotee ID and a new founderscode. Results in error, "Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair"
The public key will change, this is expected, that's why we're re-registering. You enter the founder's code, so I'm confused about what you mean by this didn't match...

I created a new profile, then logged into keyhotee.

Then I click CREATE NEW IDENTITY, and enter my existing Founder Code.

Then if I view SHOW DETAILS of my new Identity, it shows my name, my Keyhotee ID, and my public key. My Founder Code shows up in the NOTES section of SHOW DETAILS. Then there is a YELLOW alert box that says "Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair".

So it's a bit perplexing.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Thanks for the pointer.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Thanks for the pointer.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:26:11 am by werneo »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

The correct key should be  883E...Gd5...

When I create a new ID all I do is put my Kehotee ID and founder code and the key is different now with no points assigned.

Do you suggest I made a mistake on the main screen when I put my brain wallet and password and names? If so how do I amend this? Do  I need to re install kehotee and do the procedure from the beggining or there is another way to go to the main screen?
Here's the steps you'll need to do:

0) You do NOT need to re-install Keyhotee.

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Each subdirectory in this directory represents a profile you've created. You can delete this entire Keyhotee directory to delete all your existing profiles.

2) Launch keyhotee. If you deleted all your profiles, you will be prompted to create a profile, otherwise you can press the New profile button on the sign-in page to create a profile.

It's not clear where the profiles are located. Keyhotee is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Keyhotee 0.7.100
There are no profiles in that directory.

I am on Windows 8.

My first wallet was keyhotee_0.5.5, which worked fine.

Since I tried to update to the latest version (0.7.100), I have been unable to access my old account.

When I launch Keyhotee, it recognizes my Profile name, but when I enter the password the result is an error alert that my profile was not found.

At this point I am stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Offline werneo

• View Profile

When I create a new ID all I do is put my Kehotee ID and founder code and the key is different now with no points assigned.

Do you suggest I made a mistake on the main screen when I put my brain wallet and password and names? If so how do I amend this? Do  I need to re install kehotee and do the procedure from the beggining or there is another way to go to the main screen?

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Each subdirectory in this directory represents a profile you've created. You can delete this entire Keyhotee directory to delete all your existing profiles.

2) Launch keyhotee. If you deleted all your profiles, you will be prompted to create a profile, otherwise you can press the New profile button on the sign-in page to create a profile.

It's not clear where the profiles are located. Keyhotee is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Keyhotee 0.7.100
There are no profiles in that directory.

I am on Windows 8.

My first wallet was keyhotee_0.5.5, which worked fine.

Since I tried to update to the latest version (0.7.100), I have been unable to access my old account.

When I launch Keyhotee, it recognizes my Profile name, but when I enter the password the result is an error alert that my profile was not found.

At this point I am stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
On Windows 7 x64 I tried

Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe
Keyhotee-0.7.105-win32.exe

None of them start at all.
We've tested Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe on several windows 7 x64 systems here and it seems to work fine.
It is working for me on Win7 x64, three systems. Desktop, Laptop, & a VM.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
On Windows 7 x64 I tried

We've tested Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe on several windows 7 x64 systems here and it seems to work fine.

Offline sipak

• View Profile
On Windows 7 x64 I tried

Offline JLCkm83

• View Profile

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe does not start on Windows 7 x64

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Does upgrading work yet? Or should we be uninstalling the old build before installing the new one?
It shouldn't really matter, but I would uninstall old versions just to avoid accidentally running them. I've updated the windows link, btw, to here:

ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Windows/2014-04-27_00-00-43/Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe
No worries, thanks. Yeah, the pinned icon was pointing to an old version. I was wondering why it wouldn't load the current version for a sec until I noticed the path.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Does upgrading work yet? Or should we be uninstalling the old build before installing the new one?
It shouldn't really matter, but I would uninstall old versions just to avoid accidentally running them. I've updated the windows link, btw, to here:

ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Windows/2014-04-27_00-00-43/Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile