Author Topic: Alpha Keyhotee Bug Reporting in this thread.  (Read 164013 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
0.7.92 Win Version doesn't work for me also. Installation process finished correctly after this when i try to start app i'm getting this error message. (WinXP & Win7)  - hope it helps

I have problem installing KH 0.7.0...
some dll file was missing. the problem wasnt fixed when I downloaded the required file. the error shown then said that "something was not designed for something bla bla".

can someone help please ?

TLDR: I too had this issue with 0.7.92-win32 on x64.  Resolved by installing 0.7.100:
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Windows/2014-04-27_00-00-43/Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe

Detail:
Machine 1: Windows Server 2012 R2 with C++ 2012 Redistribute Update 4
Machine 2: Windows 8 (x64) with C++ 2012 Redistribute Update 4

Running Keyhotee 0.7.92 would produce the error MSVCP110.dll is not found. 

I went to the Windows folder on the FTP server:
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Windows/
Found the latest update by date (0.7.100 at the time) and installed.

Result: worked fine.

0.7.100  works for me also .. so guess issue on this is fixed...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
0.7.92 Win Version doesn't work for me also. Installation process finished correctly after this when i try to start app i'm getting this error message. (WinXP & Win7)  - hope it helps

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Hello,
I have a MacBook Pro 10.7.5 running on a MAC OS X Lion. As soon as I try to run the Keyhotee program, it stops every time and a window opens telling me that "Keyhotee quit unexpectedly". I tried pushing the "Ignore" and, after, the "Reopen" buttons, but nothing happens…  :(  Any suggestions because, apparently, I need to have my re-registration done before the 1st.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions, they are well needed at this point. Thank you, namaste   :)
Give the problems that have come up since the "register by the 1st" deadline was posted, I think it's reasonable to assume that the deadline is going to be pushed out some. I'll confirm that with Bytemaster and Stan tomorrow morning.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline boogyman

• View Profile
Hello,
I have a MacBook Pro 10.7.5 running on a MAC OS X Lion. As soon as I try to run the Keyhotee program, it stops every time and a window opens telling me that "Keyhotee quit unexpectedly". I tried pushing the "Ignore" and, after, the "Reopen" buttons, but nothing happens…  :(  Any suggestions because, apparently, I need to have my re-registration done before the 1st.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions, they are well needed at this point. Thank you, namaste   :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Tried to install new keyhotee version

ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/MacOS/2014-04-05_00-01-42/Keyhotee.dmg

But still when tried to finish profil creation process keyhotee shut down with an error message.
So how i could register my Founder ID, if i don't get keyhotee work on my local machine!?
Please help my to get my founder ID registered.

C
Looks like there is some mac-specific issue that's affecting some users when creating a profile. Bytemaster has a machine at home that has this problem, so he's going to debug it there.

Dan,  thx for your fast reply and update on this! Looking forward to see mac version working :)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

But still when tried to finish profil creation process keyhotee shut down with an error message.
So how i could register my Founder ID, if i don't get keyhotee work on my local machine!?

C
Looks like there is some mac-specific issue that's affecting some users when creating a profile. Bytemaster has a machine at home that has this problem, so he's going to debug it there.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

C

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Thank you! :) :) :)

I have re registered and repeated the process twice to be certain and came out with the same key.

new key: 5vb...RBpv

I assume I am ok now. please confirm otherwise.

P.S: This happened because I format my pc and have re installed everything. I always write down all passwords so I believe that I did use the same passwords and brain wallet. Could it be that for example when I reset my pc, in settings I put keyboard US and previously could have been keyboard UK? I hope not and I hope that I made a mistake in my passphrase or else this could be a problem in the future since I will always have to remember what keyboard I used when I registered kehotee in every new pc...

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Ok...what should  I do now to generate the same public key? I have done the process twice and it doesn't generate the correct key...

What are the options?

I assume that you have to delete my registration and then I re register? Please advise.
What happens if I format my pc again in the future and I experience the same problem? Once the blockchain is launched I assume that deleting my registration and restarting won't be an option correct?
Yes, basically all the above is correct. It's very important to record your exact profile information when generating your profile and your identity, so that you can regenerate your identity's key. You can either take screenshots of the profile and new identity dialogs before closing them (and also manually record your password for the profile itself), or record all the information manually and double check it for accuracy (including capitalization). This requirement is also one of the reasons I eliminated a number of the fields from the profile creation screen (to reduce the burden of recalling this data when re-generating a profile).

I've cleared your registration, so you should be able to register now with your new public key.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Ok...what should  I do now to generate the same public key? I have done the process twice and it doesn't generate the correct key...

What are the options?

I assume that you have to delete my registration and then I re register? Please advise.
What happens if I format my pc again in the future and I experience the same problem? Once the blockchain is launched I assume that deleting my registration and restarting won't be an option correct?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Actually I don't get it...

Why do I have to create again a new ID? Since I register again with the same names, passwords, brain wallet phrase shouldn't my ID appear automatically on my contact?
Your ID itself isn't generated from your profile data, it's additional data. You can have multiple IDs in one profile, for example. But, the key generated for that ID is dependent on the "ID name" and the data in the profile.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Actually I don't get it...

Why do I have to create again a new ID? Since I register again with the same names, passwords, brain wallet phrase shouldn't my ID appear automatically on my contact?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Here's the steps you'll need to do:

0) You do NOT need to re-install Keyhotee.

1) With Keyhotee not running, delete your existing Keyhotee profiles using file explorer. Your profiles are located in the directory:
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Each subdirectory in this directory represents a profile you've created. You can delete this entire Keyhotee directory to delete all your existing profiles.

2) Launch keyhotee. If you deleted all your profiles, you will be prompted to create a profile, otherwise you can press the New profile button on the sign-in page to create a profile.

1) I did exactly the above.
2) I have repeated the same steps when I created my profile and generated the key  883E...Gd5 (same names, brain wallet,passwords)
3) I go to create new ID ==> put my Kehotee founder ID and another key is generated (it doesn't change irrespective if I put the founder code or not..

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
The correct key should be  883E...Gd5...

When I create a new ID all I do is put my Kehotee ID and founder code and the key is different now with no points assigned.

Do you suggest I made a mistake on the main screen when I put my brain wallet and password and names? If so how do I amend this? Do  I need to re install kehotee and do the procedure from the beggining or there is another way to go to the main screen?
Here's the steps you'll need to do:

0) You do NOT need to re-install Keyhotee.

1) With Keyhotee not running, delete your existing Keyhotee profiles using file explorer. Your profiles are located in the directory:
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Keyhotee

Each subdirectory in this directory represents a profile you've created. You can delete this entire Keyhotee directory to delete all your existing profiles.

2) Launch keyhotee. If you deleted all your profiles, you will be prompted to create a profile, otherwise you can press the New profile button on the sign-in page to create a profile.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The correct key should be  883E...Gd5...

When I create a new ID all I do is put my Kehotee ID and founder code and the key is different now with no points assigned.

Do you suggest I made a mistake on the main screen when I put my brain wallet and password and names? If so how do I amend this? Do  I need to re install kehotee and do the procedure from the beggining or there is another way to go to the main screen?