Author Topic: NuShares price discussion  (Read 10323 times)

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
All y'all NSR holders should start minting and vote for my motion:
https://discuss.nubits.com/t/voting-t4-circulating-nbt-threshold/3039

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Is Nushares connected with Bitshares in anyway?

No they are competitors.  Back when Nushares launched Bytemaster posted a blog post calling it a ponzi scheme.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Is Nushares connected with Bitshares in anyway?   

Offline wallace

• View Profile
Buy backs are irresponsible for young businesses.

BM made an important point when he stated the difference between decentralized and centralized businesses is that centralized structures were more often trusted and legal. This also has implications for shareholders and how they value a decentralized business. (They are less trusted and there is less legal fall-back.)

We are put in a situation of competing head-to-head with centralized exchanges which are trusted, fast, and legal. 

Limited buybacks & dividends are a great way of increasing confidence among shareholders in a young decentralized business.  (As opposed to concerns over constant dilution/conflicts of interest/overcharging/CNX piggy-bank/14 month share decline - leading some to question if there will ever be profits and if there are will CNX just find a way to divert them to 'development' for the foreseeable future. )

The second benefit to buybacks for a decentralized business at this point in time is a marketing one. There is a limited amount of capital looking to invest in this area and a lot of competitors. Rising in the rankings is a great way to gain increased exposure, attention & as a result potential investment.

I am in favor on BTS buyback for 2 reasons. For one, people may be feeling better paying 0.1 BTS in fees than 40BTS. That's just psychological. Secondly, it makes current shareholders happy. Finally, for marketing purposes it can else increase exposure.

I have yet to look at the downside.

Buybacks are awesome. The thing is that you need money for buybacks.  Here in BTS land, everyone is completely broke.

NSR on the other hand apparently has shit tons of cash and is giving it away like candy. 

I am really sad that I only got about 2.5 btc worth of NSR for decent prices (sub 1500) this weekend before it shot up again.  The buywalls is even larger this week, its crazy.

what are you talking about? Buybacks ???

We here at BTS do not believe in buybacks - we believe in:

- inflating the BTS - it is called blockchain self funding, mind you - generally we take the inflated amount and dump it on the already thin market!

- taking the money and providing no warranty on the product -  if something is broken we do not care, we are still great devs and we did not promise it will work.

- keeping the intellectual rights, so we can sell it to someone else.

- solid economic reasoning - if we do not milk the BTS, somebody else will.

BTS is a well, the water will never end!
give me money, I will do...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

BM made an important point when he stated the difference between decentralized and centralized businesses is that centralized structures were more often trusted and legal. This also has implications for shareholders and how they value a decentralized business. (They are less trusted and there is less legal fall-back.)

We are put in a situation of competing head-to-head with centralized exchanges which are trusted, fast, and legal. 

Limited buybacks & dividends are a great way of increasing confidence among shareholders in a young decentralized business.  (As opposed to concerns over constant dilution/conflicts of interest/overcharging/CNX piggy-bank/14 month share decline - leading some to question if there will ever be profits and if there are will CNX just find a way to divert them to 'development' for the foreseeable future. )

The second benefit to buybacks for a decentralized business at this point in time is a marketing one. There is a limited amount of capital looking to invest in this area and a lot of competitors. Rising in the rankings is a great way to gain increased exposure, attention & as a result potential investment.

I am in favor on BTS buyback for 2 reasons. For one, people may be feeling better paying 0.1 BTS in fees than 40BTS. That's just psychological. Secondly, it makes current shareholders happy. Finally, for marketing purposes it can else increase exposure.

Buybacks are awesome. The thing is that you need money for buybacks.  Here in BTS land, everyone is completely broke.

NSR on the other hand apparently has shit tons of cash and is giving it away like candy. 

I am really sad that I only got about 2.5 btc worth of NSR for decent prices (sub 1500) this weekend before it shot up again.  The buywalls is even larger this week, its crazy.

what are you talking about? Buybacks ???

We here at BTS do not believe in buybacks - we believe in:

- inflating the BTS - it is called blockchain self funding, mind you - generally we take the inflated amount and dump it on the already thin market!

- taking the money and providing no warranty on the product -  if something is broken we do not care, we are still great devs and we did not promise it will work.

- keeping the intellectual rights, so we can sell it to someone else.

- solid economic reasoning - if we do not milk the BTS, somebody else will.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Yeah the buyback this week is the biggest so far 64.5 BTC   :o

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/nsr-buyback-9-week-of-november-23-2015/3085

I also purchased more this weekend.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

BM made an important point when he stated the difference between decentralized and centralized exchanges is that centralized exchanges were more often trusted and legal. This also has implications for shareholders and how they value a decentralized business. (They are less trusted and there is less legal fall-back.)

BitShares is rarely in the wider crypto conversation and NuShares is almost never mentioned at all.
http://fintechnews.ch/1763/blockchain_bitcoin/ecurex-releases-110-page-digital-currency-report/
If NuShares can get their valuation into the top 5 (I doubt it) this would change.

I'm not saying NuShares is responsible per say. While they've also directed a lot of funding to marketing and development this has mostly been achieved by decreasing the reserves backing their currency product NuBits.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:18:40 am by Empirical1.2 »

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

chryspano

We hope NuShareholders are excited about the prospect of finally beginning their ascent up the rankings of coinmarketcap.com. While past performance is no guarantee of future performance, if several more lucrative buyback weeks occur NuShares could potentially vault into the #1 cryptoequity slot in the world above BitShares.[/b]

aye! IF...

If stan ever makes a comment like this one, his head will be asked on a plate, but I guess it's ok when anonymous delusional loonies make comments like that. 

Seriously though... Do we have any valid reason to believe that bitcoin will not be massively pumped and dumped numerous times for several more weeks?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

I'm honestly starting to wonder if I should give nuShares a second look as something I might be able to actually care about. I got all huffy and puffy and withdrew all support from that project because they did their crowdfund closed. But if they're actually going to be burning shares on a consistent basis... man... I don't know...

...and here starts another rush of crypto traders sloshing to the next get rich quick, to the moon investment.  Crypto guys are really really good at buying high and selling low.

Negative. Although I've been tempted recently, I don't really day-trade. I try to buy and hold for as long as I can until shit like Obits and METAFEES causes me to break into my funds. If I put any significant (to me) amount in it, it would be for the long haul.

But thank you for the reminder that the price is high right now.

NuShares are making money filling the gap in the market for a crypto with dollar stability.

With the recent BTC rise, came a lot of volatility and NuBits benefitted from increased demand. BTC has stabilised a bit now, so demand for their product is lower so they may have less funds for buybacks in the coming weeks. They also have very thin buy support when the buyback walls are not in place. So it's very risky.

However in their week 7 buyback, the NSR buyback account wrote...

We hope NuShareholders are excited about the prospect of finally beginning their ascent up the rankings of coinmarketcap.com. While past performance is no guarantee of future performance, if several more lucrative buyback weeks occur NuShares could potentially vault into the #1 cryptoequity slot in the world above BitShares.

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/nsr-buyback-7-week-of-november-9-2015/2999/2

So I think their short term goal may be to get above BitShares via buybacks.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Any tips on deciding where to start if you don't have enough to spread your investments out like that?

Obviously I want to keep the bulk of my funds in the Bitcoin/Bitshares/Peercoin that I actually give a crap about. Other than those though, I figure if I scrape all my crapcoins together I might be able to muster enough to play with.

Ander, do you mind if I ask how much you had to put into nuShares to score that free bitcoin of yours? Just curious but I understand if you don't want to share that info.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if I should give nuShares a second look as something I might be able to actually care about. I got all huffy and puffy and withdrew all support from that project because they did their crowdfund closed. But if they're actually going to be burning shares on a consistent basis... man... I don't know...

I put in about 6 btc at about a 1500-1600 average and sold them a bit over 1800. 

However, there were people who bought it at 1800+ hoping the buyback would give them more and then they didnt manage to sell, so they are sitting there holding 'expensive' NSR now.  They might be able to sell it in a future week, but its not a guarantee.

Nushares has done really well at having a product that is simple to use, and giving it the support it needs to succeed.  And they've done well at selling it.  Basically the opposite of bitshares, which has a product with immense promise but is hard to use and understand, and hasnt had good marketing.

They are pretty much spending a significant amount of the BTC from Nubits sales to buy back NSR.  This may or may not come back to ruin them later.  (If BTC goes up a bunch it wont hurt them, if BTC goes back to sub 200 then they wont have enough value in reserves to cover all the nubits if peopel try to redeem them all, meaning they will have to create and sell NSR to cover it, which will crush the price the way that BTS price got destroyed by inflation and selling delegate shares.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

...and here starts another rush of crypto traders sloshing to the next get rich quick, to the moon investment.  Crypto guys are really really good at buying high and selling low.

Negative. Although I've been tempted recently, I don't really day-trade. I try to buy and hold for as long as I can until shit like Obits and METAFEES causes me to break into my funds. If I put any significant (to me) amount in it, it would be for the long haul.

But thank you for the reminder that the price is high right now.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile